GARLIC BUTTER RICE
I love rice. I also love garlic and cook with it a lot. It took a few tries to get the correct measurements for this recipe in order to submit it. I don't always use measurements when I cook. This is very easy to make. This is a very moist and buttery rice with a good, but not overpowering garlic flavor. For rice with less moisture, use less water and for a less garlicky flavor, use less garlic. I read in an article on an internet medical site, that if garlic is cooked too long, it loses some of its healthful benefits. They said not to cook garlic any longer than 3-6 minutes. I have also noticed that it loses some of its flavor if it's cooked too long. Therefore, I add the garlic towards the end of the cooking time to get more of a garlic flavor and more healthful benefits from the garlic. I will sometimes have this for breakfast with a fried egg. I just put some of the rice on a plate and put a fried egg on it and mix it together. It is really good that way. I also serve the rice with gravy over it as a side dish with some meat. It is also good just by itself. The chicken bouillon is optional but it adds to the flavor of the rice. If you have to or are watching your sodium intake, you might want to omit the bouillon or use less of it. I have found that jasmine rice gives the best results for this recipe but you can also use white rice. Prep and cooking times are estimates. NOTE: Due to the first review, I have edited this recipe. Thank you Lauralie41,
Provided by AuntWoofieWoof
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt the butter or margarine in a 10" skillet over med-high heat.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Add the bouillon cube(s) and stir until softened or dissolved.
- I use a spoon and break the bouillon cube(s) apart while it is dissolving so that it dissolves faster.
- Watch closely so that the rice does not start to brown.
- You might need to lower the heat if the rice starts to brown or appears to be cooking too fast.
- Add the water and stir.
- Cover with a lid and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat to med to med-low and cook for 10 minutes or until rice is almost tender and a lot, but not all, of the water/butter mixture has been absorbed.
- This comes out better if it is "slow cooked".
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Put the lid back on the skillet and continue cooking for 5 more minutes or until the rice is tender and all of the water has been absorbed.
- There may still be some melted butter at the bottom of the skillet, but that is okay.
- Stir well and turn the burner off.
- Let the skillet sit on the burner until you are ready to serve the rice.
GARLIC BUTTER RICE (RICE COOKER)
This is a wonderful side dish, and a rice cooker is used so you can concentrate on preparing the main dish, even better. I made this on 20 June 2018, perfect.
Provided by Adapted from an internet recipe.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the first 5 ingredients in your rice cooker and mix evenly. Add the water. Set the cooker to the Cook setting. (After this photo, then the rice was added and mix together.)
- When the cooker switches to Warm setting, fluff the rice with a spoon and taste, season with a pinch of salt if needed. Serve as a side with any main dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ground pork. Cook and stir until the garlic is golden brown. This is the color you want for maximum flavor, do not allow it to burn, or the flavor will be bitter.
- Stir in the cooked white rice, and season with garlic salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through and well blended, about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.4 calories, Carbohydrate 45.9 g, Cholesterol 5.9 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 686.3 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
GARLIC BUTTER RICE AND VEGGIES
This dish is a combination of cooked rice, garlic, and butter. Serve heated as a side dish at barbecues or picnics.
Provided by Kylie Goodacre
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan or wok over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add bacon and frozen vegetables; fry until bacon is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add cold rice and stir until rice is completely coated in butter. Season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.1 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 26.5 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 233.8 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
More about "garlic butter rice rice cooker recipes"
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (262)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 374 per serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic slices and saute, moving constantly, until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add garlic. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavour.
GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsCategory Side DishCalories 249 per serving
- Add yellow onion and saute until starting to deepen in color, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute until just barely starting to deepen in color (not browned), about 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir once, cover with a snug lid then reduce heat to low. Let simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 15 - 18 minutes.
20 EASY RICE COOKER RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
GARLIC BUTTER RICE WITH KALE | RECIPETIN EATS
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - SUSTAINABLE COOKS
GARLIC BUTTER RICE (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - EASY RICE RECIPE - HINZ COOKING
GARLIC RICE RECIPE- AN EASY WEEKNIGHT SIDE DISH
HERBED BUTTER GARLIC RICE - FLAVORFUL EATS
EASY GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE | KITCHN
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - STAY AT HOME MUM
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - STACEY'S RECIPES
BUTTERY SEASONED RICE - SUPER ECONOMICAL, SUPER TASTY …
GARLIC BUTTER FRIED RICE - MARION'S KITCHEN
GARLIC BUTTER FRIED RICE (20 MINUTES!) - TIFFY COOKS
GARLIC RICE IN RICE COOKER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GARLIC BUTTER RICE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE - LOSTMEALS.ORG
GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE - TOP RECIPES
EASY GARLIC BUTTER RICE - THE POORMAN'S KITCHEN
24 BEST RICE COOKER RECIPES (SURPRISING DISHES YOU CAN
SIMPLE SLOW COOKER GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE FOR TWO
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - CRAVE IT ALL
GARLIC BUTTER RICE (RICE COOKER) | RECIPE CART
HERBED GARLIC BUTTER RICE - THE FLAVOURS OF KITCHEN
GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER PARMESAN RICE | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
GARLIC BUTTER RICE COOKER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 BEST GARLIC RICE IN RICE COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
21+ EASY & DELICIOUS RICE COOKER RECIPES - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
GARLIC BUTTER RICE 蒜香牛油饭 - ANNCOO JOURNAL
EASY GARLIC BUTTER RICE • MIDGETMOMMA
GARLIC BUTTER RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RICE SIDE DISHES, …
GARLIC PARMESAN RICE - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
GARLIC BUTTER FRIED RICE - CHILI TO CHOC
RICE WITH GARLIC AND ONION - THERESCIPES.INFO
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - BUSY COOKS
GARLIC IN RICE COOKER RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
THE BEST BUTTERED RICE WITH GARLIC - WHERE IS MY SPOON
GARLIC BUTTER RICE - THE DINNER BITE
10 BEST BUTTER RICE RICE COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love