PARMESAN-POTATO AND CHORIZO OMELET
Make a cheesy, spicy breakfast dish with our Parmesan-Potato and Chorizo Omelet. This omelet is great alongside a fruit salad or mixed greens!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat until done, stirring frequently. Remove meat from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet. Set meat aside. Add potatoes and vegetables to skillet; cook 6 to 8 min. or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally. Return meat to skillet; stir.
- Beat eggs, milk, 4 Tbsp. cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and cilantro in medium bowl with whisk until blended. Pour over meat mixture in skillet; cover.
- Cook on medium-low heat 15 min. or until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover. Let stand 5 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 210 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 15 g
CHORIZO, POTATO AND GREEN CHILE OMELET
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. HEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. COOK chorizo and onions in medium ovenproof skillet on medium heat 8 min. or until chorizo is done, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and chiles; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally.
- 3. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese; spread to form even layer in skillet.
- 4. WHISK eggs and sour cream until well blended; pour over chorizo mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- 5. BAKE 25 min. or until center is set. Serve topped with salsa.
- If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, wrap the handle of your regular skillet with several layers of foil before placing in oven. Remember that all parts of the skillet will be hot when removing it from the oven.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 330 calories, 22g total fat, 11g saturated fat, 160mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 19g protein, 10%DV vitamin A, 10%DV vitamin C, 25%DV calcium, 6%DV iron.
POTATO AND CHORIZO OMELET WITH A KINDA PARSLEY SALAD
- This omelet is a cross between a Spanish tortilla and an Italian frittata. It's Spanish because of the chorizo and potato, but a little Italian too because I like to finish it off in the oven instead of on the burner, so it puffs up like a souffle. It has all the things I love in it - potatoes, sausage and eggs.
- Preheat your oven to high, or get your broiler nice and hot. Put the potatoes into a saucepan of boiling salted water and simmer them until cooked, then drain in a colander and leave to steam dry. Beat the eggs with a fork in a large mixing bowl, season well with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a 7 or 8-inch nonstick, ovenproof frying pan. Add the chorizo slices and the potato chunks. The chorizo will start to sizzle, releasing all its tasty oils and spices. After a couple of minutes, when everything's lightly golden and crisp, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Sprinkle the rosemary leaves into the hot fat. As soon as they hit the pan, they'll start to crisp up immediately pour the beaten eggs on top, adding the potatoes and chorizo and spreading everything out evenly. Place the whole pan in the preheated oven or under the broiler until the omelet is golden brown on top and just cooked through in the middle.
- While the omelet is cooking, put the shallots into a bowl with the lemon juice, some salt and pepper and a glug of extra-virgin olive oil. Toss and pinch the shallots with your fingertips to soften them slightly, and then mix in the parsley leaves. Serve a little on top of the omelet and tuck in!
- "Our agreement with the producers of "Jamie at Home" only permit us to make 2 recipes per episode available online. Food Network regrets the inconvenience to our viewers and foodnetwork.com users"
POTATO AND CHORIZO CASSEROLE
I love the smoky flavor chorizo gives this dish, but I've also made it with Italian sausage and substituted an Italian blend cheese for the Mexican cheese. Or you can use cream of mushroom soup and fresh mushrooms for a vegetarian option. -Ana Beteta, Aberdeen, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles, 5-7 minutes; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the hash browns, soup, cheeses, onion, peppers and pepper flakes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with panko., Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Fat 20g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 611mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
PARMESAN POTATO OMELET
- Heat safflower oil and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook stir potatoes until cooked through and lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Add eggs, vegetable blend, creamer, Parmesan cheese, butter, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper to potatoes. Cover skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are set and scrambled and vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 863 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Cholesterol 1131.2 mg, Fat 59.8 g, Fiber 10.2 g, Protein 48.6 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 1839.8 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
PARMALET (CRISP PARMESAN OMELET)
I was attempting to achieve a crispy, inside-out Parmesan omelet--and it worked! The caramelized cheese formed a thin but protective layer and, since the eggs had never directly touched the pan, they were moist and tender. This will also work whether you use one or three eggs, depending on the texture you're going for. Using a single egg is kind of a cool trick, since the cheese layer is almost as thick, and you can really appreciate the crispness even more.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon water. Whisk together until just beaten (do not overmix).
- Drizzle olive oil into 8-inch nonstick skillet. Brush evenly over the bottom of the pan. Evenly grate cheese into the skillet approximately 1/2-inch deep (or just shy of 1 ounce).
- Place pan over medium-high heat. Cheese will slowly start to melt. When cheese starts to bubble and turn golden brown, about 4 minutes, pour eggs evenly over cheese. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cover and let eggs cook on low until they are set, checking after the first 30 seconds. For 2 eggs, this should take about 1 minute, total cooking time. Remove pan from heat. Carefully use a spatula to fold "parmalet" in half. Transfer to serving plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 352.3 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 711.9 mg, Sugar 1 g
CHORIZO, POTATO & CHEESE OMELETTE
- Cook the potato in boiling water for 8-10 mins or until tender. Drain and allow to steam-dry. Heat oil in an omelette pan, add chorizo and cook for 2 mins. Add the potato and cook for a further 5 mins until the potato starts to crisp. Spoon pan contents out, wipe pan and cook a 2 or 3-egg omelette in the same pan. When almost cooked, scatter with the chorizo and potato, parsley and cheese. Fold the omelette in the pan and cook for 1 min more to melt the cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 602 calories, Fat 44 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 1.8 milligram of sodium
POTATO, POBLANO AND CHORIZO OMELET
Serve a Potato, Poblano and Chorizo Omelet with tortillas and salsa and watch it disappear! You only need 15 minutes of prep time for this chorizo omelet.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook chorizo and onions in medium ovenproof skillet on medium heat 8 min. or until chorizo is done, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and chiles; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese; spread to evenly cover bottom of skillet.
- Whisk whole eggs, egg whites and sour cream until blended; pour over chorizo mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 min. or until center is set. Serve with tortillas and salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 185 mg, Sodium 670 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 20 g
More about "parmesan potato and chorizo omelet recipes"
SPANISH OMELET WITH POTATOES AND CHORIZO RECIPE | REAL …
3.5/5 (272)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 538 per serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, potatoes, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley. Pour in the eggs and stir to distribute the ingredients. Sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to oven.
- Bake the omelet until puffed and brown around the edges and a knife comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
CHORIZO AND POTATO OMELETS RECIPE BY - THE DAILY MEAL
4.5/5 (2)Category Appetizers, EntreesServings 8Total Time 50 mins
POTATO AND CHORIZO OMELETTE - JAMIE OLIVER RECIPE - A …
Cuisine EnglishCategory Jamie,Oliver,Lunch,Brunch,Potatoes,EggsServings 2-4Total Time 55 mins
SPANISH OMELET WITH POTATOES AND CHORIZO RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 538 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
CHORIZO, POTATO AND GREEN CHILE OMELET - FOOD REPUBLIC
HOW TO MAKE POTATO AND CHORIZO OMELETTE | CHEF H. DELGADO
CHORIZO OMELET RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
PARMESAN POTATO OMELET RECIPE - IJAT92OJOT
SPANISH POTATO AND CHORIZO OMELET-STYLE QUICHE [VEGAN]
CHORIZO, PEPPER AND POTATO SPANISH OMELETTE - PIKALILY BLOG
POTATO & CHORIZO OMELETTE | EGGS RECIPES - JAMIE OLIVER
CHORIZO AND POTATO OMELETTE - FRUGAL AND THRIVING
POTATO AND CHORIZO SAUSAGE OMELET, PART 1 - MARTHA STEWART
CHORIZO OMELETTE WITH CHEESE & ONIONS - HEALTHY …
SPANISH OMELETTE WITH CHORIZO - SEARCHING FOR SPICE
SPANISH OMELETTE RECIPE WITH CHORIZO - GRANTOURISMO TRAVELS
RECIPE OF POTATO OMELETTE WITH CHORIZO SAUSAGE
SPANISH OMELETTE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
PARMESAN POTATO OMELET - TF ANSWERS
POTATO AND CHORIZO OMELET - THE BOSTON GLOBE
CHORIZO & PARMESAN OMELETTE - KIMI EATS GLUTEN FREE
POTATO & CHORIZO OMELETTE WITH A KINDA PARSLEY SALAD
CHORIZO AND POTATO OMELET RECIPE - BLOGCHEF
FRITTATA WITH HAM AND CHEESE - MARCELLINA IN CUCINA
CHORIZO AND POTATO OMELETTE – SWEET TEA (WITH LEMON)
PARMESAN POTATO OMELET | RECIPE | PARMESAN POTATOES, COOKING …
SPANISH OMELETTE WITH POTATO, SPINACH & CHORIZO - VAL EN …
CHORIZO OMELET RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
MEXICAN OMELETTE WITH CHORIZO - HEALTHY DELICIOUS
CHORIZO| POTATO & GREEN CHILE OMELET | ORE-IDA - RECIPES
Omelet With Chorizo Spinach Quick and Easy Prep: Breakfast Cooking 1011.3K views-07:06
Potato and Chorizo Omelette387 views-04:48
Potato and Chorizo Omelette & Salt Cod Spread | Emeril Lagasse40K views-05:59
Crispy Chorizo and Cheese Omelette3.9K views-03:36
Potato Omelette Recipe! VERY EASY & UNIQUE RECIPE8K views-04:26
Spanish Omelette with Chorizo4K views-02:09
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a potato and Chorizo omelette?Heat oil in an omelette pan, add chorizo and cook for 2 mins. Add the potato and cook for a further 5 mins until the potato starts to crisp. Spoon pan contents out, wipe pan and cook a 2 or 3-egg omelette in the same pan. When almost cooked, scatter with the chorizo and potato, parsley and cheese.
How to cook potatoes and chorizo in oven?Step 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes. Step 2. Add the chorizo, potatoes, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 minutes.
What is in a Spanish chorizo omelette?Traditionally, the dish starts with potatoes fried in oil, then covered with beaten eggs and baked until cooked through. Our take adds Spanish chorizo, a cured sausage with a bit of a bite, fresh parsley, and shredded Manchego cheese, for a filling and omelet that boasts a slew of flavors in every forkful.
How to cook Spanish sausage and potatoes for an omelette?Whisk up your eggs with Spanish sausage and potato to make a decadent omelette lunch for one Cook the potato in boiling water for 8-10 mins or until tender. Drain and allow to steam-dry. Heat oil in an omelette pan, add chorizo and cook for 2 mins. Add the potato and cook for a further 5 mins until the potato starts to crisp.