GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING
Classic Yorkshire pudding is the combination of a few humble ingredients-eggs, milk and flour-bolstered by the savory drippings from a large beef roast. The recipe is simple, and relies upon just a few ingredients whisked together in a bowl then baked at a high temperature to achieve puffy, golden-brown perfection. (Yorkshire pudding also happens to serve as a perfect accompaniment to said roast.) If you don't have roast drippings, or run short on them, or are serving vegetarians, the recipe can also be prepared using butter instead.
Provided by Erin Jeanne McDowell
Categories breads, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees with a rack positioned in the lower third of the oven. Brush a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with 3 tablespoons roast drippings to coat the base and sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and the remaining 2 tablespoons roast drippings to combine. Add the flour and salt and continue to whisk until the mixture forms a loose batter.
- Transfer the baking pan to the oven and heat until warmed, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the batter into the heated pan. Return the pan to the oven and reduce the temperature to 425 degrees. Bake until the pudding is puffy and deep golden-brown, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. (The pudding may collapse slightly if not served immediately, but it will still be delicious.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 384, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 457 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING SUNDAY LUNCH
Try this twist on a Sunday roast, with steak, potatoes, veg and gravy served in a giant Yorkshire pudding. Prep ahead and make Sunday lunch in no time
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To make the batter, crack the eggs into a bowl or jug, then add the flour - it should make roughly the same quantity as the eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Gradually add the milk and carry on whisking until the mixture is lump-free. Season. Pour the batter into a jug, cover and chill for at least 30 mins and up to 24 hrs.
- Heat a dry frying pan. Brush the steak with oil and season it well, place in the pan and brown on each side, then remove from the pan and leave to cool completely. If you're making ahead, wrap and chill until you need it, up to 24 hrs. Peel the potato and cut it into quarters, put them in a pan, cover with water and then bring to the boil. Once they've come to the boil, cook for 2 mins, then drain. Leave to dry completely and chill until needed.
- When you're ready to serve your Sunday lunch, heat oven to 230C/210C fan/gas 8. Drizzle a little oil into a 20cm frying pan with an ovenproof handle and put it in the oven. Heat a little oil in a small roasting tin on the same shelf. Tip the potatoes into the roasting tin, turn them over in the oil, add the carrots and the steak. Put the tin back in the oven. Pour the batter into the frying pan and put it back in the oven and cook for 25 mins.
- Check the Yorkshire pudding. It should have a good dark brown colour at the edges and feel firm and dry. If it's ready, take it out and set aside. Remove the steak from the tin and rest until you're ready to serve, wrapped loosely in foil to keep warm. Turn the potatoes and carrots and add the broccoli to the tin. Cook for a further 10 mins and if they look done, remove the veg, but put the potatoes back in the oven. Heat the gravy.
- Turn off the oven and put the Yorkshire back in to warm through. Slice the steak and tip any juices into the gravy. Serve the Yorkshire on a plate, filled with the meat, veg and potatoes and pour over the gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 746 calories, Fat 27 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 72 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 48 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
More about "giant yorkshire pudding sunday lunch recipes"
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING SUNDAY LUNCH RECIPE | NEW IDEA …
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING - RECIPE | ARLA UK
RECIPE: TASTY GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS – EASY RECIPES …
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
Cuisine EuropeanTotal Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 393 per serving
SKY HIGH YORKSHIRE PUDDING
SUPER PARTY VENUE - THE POTTING SHED, NORTHALLERTON TRAVELLER …
MATT TEBBUTT SHARES ‘DELICIOUS’ ROAST BEEF AND YORKSHIRE PUDDING …
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING SUNDAY LUNCH - HIGH LIFE NORTH
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE FOR 2 - EPISODE +14 COOKING VIDEOS
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE : 39+ EBOOK FOOD VIDEOS
TEN WAYS TO ENJOY YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE SEEN …
RECIPE: APPETIZING GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING ~ COOKING NATIONAL
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING SUNDAY LUNCH | RECIPE | ROAST DINNER, …
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING WITH ONION GRAVY - NIGEL BARDEN
YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS | RECIPES | GORDON RAMSAY RESTAURANTS
GIANT WATER JUG RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
YORKSHIRE PUDDING - AVIZE.AUSSIEVITAMIN.COM
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING DINNER RECIPE
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE / 13+ EBOOK FOOD VIDEOS
SWEET YORKSHIRE PUDDING - THERESCIPES.INFO
PAN PUDDING MEAT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE / GIANT POPOVER RECIPE
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE?
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING SUNDAY LUNCH
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE - 10+ BASIC FOOD VIDEOS
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING | NATIONAL YORKSHIRE PUDDING DAY | QUORN
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING | CERAMIC CHARCOAL BBQS - BIG GREEN EGG
RECIPES | WYNDHAM HOUSE BUTCHERS | FINE MEATS, POULTRY & GAME
A BRIT'S QUEST TO MAKE THE PERFECT YORKSHIRE PUDDING | SBS FOOD
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING SUNDAY LUNCH | RECIPE | SUNDAY ROAST …
THE POTTING SHED, NORTHALLERTON TRAVELLER REVIEWS - TRIPADVISOR
GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE / GET COOKING INGREDIENTS
You'll also love