GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES
No holiday treat platter would be complete without gingerbread man cookies! This is a tried-and-true recipe I'm happy to share with you. -Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg and water. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients minus frosting; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; cover. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 30 minutes., Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets., Bake until edges are firm, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Frost as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 128mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
Recipe video above. Classic gingerbread men! I love these because you can actually taste the spices. Smells like Christmas when they're baking!TOP TIP: The dough is quite sticky to work with (but sticky dough = moist cookie!). The trick is to make sure it's cold - so if it gets too sticky, return to refrigerator for a bit at anytime during roll out/cutting process.
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk Dry Ingredients on one bowl.
- Cream butter & sugar - In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a stand mixer or electric beater on speed 7 for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Egg & vanilla - Add the egg and vanilla, then mix on speed 5 until combined (~30 sec).
- Molasses - Add the molasses, mix for 1 minute using speed 2.
- Gradually add dry ingredients - Add 1/4 of the Dry ingredients, then mix until you can't see flour (start on speed 1 to stop flour flying everywhere!). Repeat until all Dry ingredients are mixed in, then mix for further 15 seconds. Dough should be soft and a bit sticky - see video for texture.
- Refrigerate - Pat dough into a disc shape, wrap in the cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. (Can refrigerate 5 days or freeze 3 months).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C (170°C fan) and set a shelf in the middle. Line 3 x baking trays with parchment/baking paper.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and cut into half. Wrap half and return to the fridge.
- Roll out (Note 7)- Sprinkle a sheet of baking paper very lightly with flour. Place dough on top, sprinkle surface very lightly with flour. Place another sheet of baking paper on top. Roll dough out until 4mm / 1/6" thick using a rolling pin. As you work, flip and if paper is wrinkling, peel it off then put if back on, smoothing out wrinkles.
- Cut out shapes (Note 8) - Use a gingerbread cookie cutter to cut out gingerbread men shapes, firmly pressing to cut all the way through. If the dough sticks to the cutter, dip it into flour.
- Transfer - Use a palette knife (or large knife) to transfer shapes onto baking sheet. Place 6 on the first sheet. Tidy edges if necessary using a butter knife.
- Bake Tray 1 - Bake for 12 minutes (for classic light golden) or 14 minutes (dark golden and crisp). Then remove and cool fully on tray.
- Repeat - Meanwhile, gather scraps of dough, press together then roll out again. If dough is sticky, return to refrigerator and work on the other half of the dough instead. Repeat rolling out and cutting out. You should have 18 to 20 gingerbread men in total (depending on cutter size)
- Trays 2 & 3 - Fill and bake 2nd and 3rd tray with gingerbread men, 6 to 8 on each tray. I find the workflow that works best is baking one tray at a time ie. roll/cut-out/fill/bake one tray while you prepare the next.
- Decorate - Fully cool on trays, then decorate! Use a half batch of this Royal Icing recipe to pipe and stick on decorations (sets hard and doesn't soak into cookies). The recipe makes more than you need, but it's impractical to make less. So freeze leftovers in fully sealed piping bag for future use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 kcal, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 11 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 16 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES
These Gingerbread Men Cookies are as cute as can be. If desired, decorate with raisins, currants or cinnamon red hot candies for eyes and buttons. Or, pipe untinted or colored icing onto cookies.
Provided by McCormick Spice
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips McCormick®
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla;mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired. Store cookies in airtight container up to5 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 23 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 125.3 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 24 to 36 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and allspice into a medium bowl; set aside. Melt the butter and shortening in a medium saucepan; remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar and molasses. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture; beat with a mixer on medium speed until incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low; beat in the flour mixture in two additions until just combined. Divide the dough in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap and pat into 1/2-inch-thick disks. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Working with 1 piece of dough at a time, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface, dusting with flour as needed. Cut out gingerbread men with a 3 1/2- to 5-inch cookie cutter and arrange 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Brush off the excess flour and refrigerate the cutouts 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookies until golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 3 to 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Decorate with royal icing and let harden at room temperature, about 1 hour.
BEST GINGERBREAD MEN
These are the best gingerbread men I've ever made, and they are easy to roll and cut out (and I hate making cut-out cookies!) We like to use decorating candies prior to baking.
Provided by HisPixie
Yield 24 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cream margarine and sugar together. Add egg and mix. Add molasses and spice and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture a bit at a time. Stir after each addition.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead a couple of times to make sure it is well mixed.
- Divide dough in half, wrap half in plastic wrap and set aside (I put in the refrigerator).
- Roll out half the dough on floured surface with floured rolling pin to about 1/4-inch thickness.Cut with floured gingerbread man cutter.
- Place 1/2-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Decorate with candies now or wait until cookies are cool and decorate with frosting.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies tightly covered for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.2, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 8.8, Sodium 224.5, Carbohydrate 25.1, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 10.3, Protein 2.2
This recipe for gingerbread men uses butterscotch pudding mix and doesn't require molasses!
Provided by Kim
Categories Desserts Cookies Gingerbread Cookie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium bowl, cream together the dry butterscotch pudding mix, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon; stir into the pudding mixture. Cover, and chill dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets. On a floured board, roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into man shapes using a cookie cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden at the edges. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79.3 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 14.3 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 62.6 mg, Sugar 6 g
SOFT AND EASY GINGERBREAD MEN
This dough will hold any form you want to cut from it but it will still bake up soft! (I think the soft texture comes from the applesauce.) The kids will love decorating them and we all agree that they are pretty tasty too!
Provided by Fitness Guru
Yield 24 men, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, with mixer at slow speed, beat flour, sugar, butter, molasses, applesauce, egg, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F On a lightly floured surface, working with half of the dough at a time, roll 1/8 inch thick. With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into shapes. Using a metal spatula or pancake turner, place cookies 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Reroll trimmings and continue to cut shapes. Bake 8 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
Use this versatile dough to make gingerbread men and other shapes. Let the kids decorate them with icing for a perfect winter's day activity
Provided by leahboundsx
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Serves 15-20
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Sieve the flour, salt, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon into a large bowl. Heat the butter, sugar and syrup until dissolved. Leave the sugar mixture to cool slightly, then mix into the dry ingredients to form a dough. Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 mins.
- On a surface lightly dusted with flour, roll out the dough to a ¼-inch thickness. Stamp out the gingerbread men shapes with a cutter, then re-roll any off-cuts and repeat. Place your gingerbread shapes on the lined trays, allowing space for them to spread. Cook for 10-15 mins, then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 17 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 0.5 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.44 milligram of sodium
More about "gingerbread men recipes"
SOFT GINGERBREAD MAN RECIPE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
4.1/5 (70)Calories 150 per servingCategory Dessert
- Add the muscovado sugar and the golden syrup and gently stir until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
BEST GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
GINGERBREAD MEN | METRO
FRENCH GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE! - THE GOOD LIFE FRANCE
GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - WOMAN AND HOME
HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES
EASY GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - OH SO DELICIOSO
OLD-FASHIONED GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
15 BEST GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
GINGERBREAD MEN | RICARDO
GINGERBREAD MEN - ONCE UPON A CHEF
GINGERBREAD MEN! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
GINGERBREAD MEN | BISCUIT RECIPES | SBS FOOD
BEST MINI GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - COUNTRYLIVING.COM
GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIE RECIPE | CLUB HOUSE CA
CLASSIC GINGERBREAD MEN – TUPPERWARE CA
BEST GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES RECIPE -PLUS A RECIPE FOR ...
GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
MY FAVORITE GINGERBREAD COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
GINGERBREAD MEN - COOK WITH RENU
HOMEMADE GINGERBREAD MEN - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
THE YUMMIEST GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - KYLEE COOKS
GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY GINGERBREAD MEN (FROM SCRATCH) - SWEETEST MENU
GINGERBREAD MEN | THE STUDENT CHEF
GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - JOYOFBAKING.COM *VIDEO RECIPE*
GINGERBREAD COOKIES (GINGERBREAD MEN) - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
SPICED GINGERBREAD MAN COOKIES – THE COMFORT OF COOKING
GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIE RECIPE (SOFT & CHEWY)
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD MEN (NO SPREAD) - TOPPED WITH HONEY
GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE - MASHED
GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
SOFT & CHEWY GINGERBREAD MEN COOKIES - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
GINGERBREAD MEN - CHARLOTTE'S LIVELY KITCHEN
SUPER EASY GINGERBREAD 'MAN' RECIPE
KIDS ON THE COAST | SIMPLE GINGERBREAD MEN RECIPE ...
GINGERBREAD RECIPE | BAKING RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
GINGERBREAD MEN - MARSHA'S BAKING ADDICTION
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #desserts #cookies-and-brownies #number-of-servings
You'll also love