GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS
Posting this recipe as a substitute for Crescent Rolls. Being on a gluten-free diet this is one of those things that many people miss. An easy and versatile recipe. I was sent this recipe from a friend but think that it was originally developed by the "Better Batter Flour" people. You can use it as you would regular Crescent Roll Dough. Prep time does not include 2 to 3 hours refrigeration/resting time
Provided by Jubes
Yield 8 rolls, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Use an electric mixer or blender to mix together the butter and cottage or ricotta cheese. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until a dough ball forms.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and chill for two to three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Sprinkle all-purpose or rice flour onto your work surface and roll the dough into a 14 inch circle. You may find it esier to roll the dough between two layers of good quality baking paper or cling wrap.
- Cut the dough into 8 triangles.
- Roll each triangle from the wide end to the tip.Turn the ends to form the crescent shape ).
- Place the rolled crescents on a gresed baking sheet and bake for approx 20 to 30 minutes, until golden.
GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS
This recipe is adapted from Butter Crescents on Allrecipes. The changes are mainly in method. The outcome is a pliable, stretchy dough that bakes up to a soft and creamy roll. These are delicious on their own or can be used in your favorite recipes like pigs in a blanket or turnovers.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat milk in a microwave-safe bowl until warm, about 30 seconds. Mix in 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey, and salt. Cool until lukewarm, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine warm water and yeast in a small bowl. Let stand until dissolved and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Combine milk and yeast mixture in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add half the beaten egg. Beat in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough pulls together. Switch to the dough hook attachment and knead lightly until dough is wet and sticky but forms into a ball, about 5 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with 1 teaspoon softened butter. Use greased or wet hands to transfer dough into the bowl, turning to coat it with butter. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Dust a work surface with potato starch. Deflate dough and turn it out onto the work surface. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and form into rounds. Place a piece of parchment paper over one of the rounds and roll into a rectangle about 1/8-inch thick with a rolling pin; cut into wedges. Brush each wedge with a little softened butter. Repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Roll each wedge up from the base towards the point. Brush a little bit of remaining beaten egg on the seam to seal. Bend each roll into a crescent shape.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange crescents sealed-side down on the sheets. Brush tops with remaining beaten egg.
- Transfer baking sheets to the cold oven. Heat oven to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Bake crescents until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.1 g, Cholesterol 21.5 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 50 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
GOLDEN CRESCENT ROLLS
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. Cut into 10 to 15 wedge. Roll up the wedges starting with the wide end. Place rolls with point under on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12-15 minute or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when they come out of the oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.6 calories, Carbohydrate 24.4 g, Cholesterol 36.9 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 173.4 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
More about "gluten free crescent rolls recipes"
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE - GFJULES
4.4/5 (73)Total Time 53 minsCategory Homemade Gluten Free BreadsCalories 164 per serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together warm water, sugar, and yeast and let stand for 5 minutes. If it does not bubble and rise at this point, throw it out and repeat the proofing step with fresh yeast.
- Stir to combine the honey or agave and egg (or substitute) in a separate bowl, then slowly add to the dry ingredients, along with the proofed yeast mixture.
- Beat on the low speed of an electric mixer until well-blended; add more milk or water if needed until the dough is soft — it should not be resistant or tough. The dough should be wet but firm.
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS | VERSATILE GF DOUGH
Ratings 10Category Appetizer, Bread
GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS - PEEL WITH ZEAL
Ratings 29Category Baking, BreadCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 45 mins
GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS MIX
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE CINNAMON CRESCENT ROLLS - THE TOASTED OAT
WHERE TO BUY PILLSBURY GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS
GLUTEN FREE CHEESEBURGER CRESCENT RING - MI GLUTEN FREE GAL
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS | ONCE A MONTH MEALS
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS BRANDS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS WALMART - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GLUTEN-FREE CHEESY CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE
HOMEMADE GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS - NUTTERS EVERYDAY NATURALS
GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS (THE BEST EVER!) - THIS …
HOMEMADE CRESCENT ROLLS [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE GREEN PLANET
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PILLSBURY CRESCENT ROLL CLONE - BETTER BATTER GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
CRESCENT ROLLS AND CINNAMON ROLLS: GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE QUICK AND EASY - 101RECIPES
BUTTERY GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS - FEARLESS DINING
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS - WEEK 99ER
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE - HEALTHYFOODJOY.COM
EASY GLUTEN- FREE CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE - PINTEREST
GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS - ROLLS AND BUNS
GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS | RECIPESTY
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLL DOUGH - GLUTENPROTALK.COM
WORLD'S EASIEST CRESCENT ROLLS - BETTER BATTER GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
BUTTERY GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS - ZEST FOR BAKING
RECIPES - MOM'S PLACE GLUTEN FREE
GLUTEN-FREE, CHEESE STUFFED GARLIC CRESCENT ROLLS - THE BOTTOMLESS …
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE - PINTEREST
GLUTEN FREE APPLE CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE - GFJULES
SCHAR GLUTEN FREE ROLLS - THERESCIPES.INFO
GLUTEN-FREE ROLLS RECIPE: FLUFFY, BUTTERY DINNER ROLLS - Z LIVING
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLL RECIPE | GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS THAT …
HEALTHY GLUTEN-FREE CRESCENT ROLLS - DESSERTS WITH BENEFITS
GLUTEN FREE CRESCENT ROLLS PILLSBURY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
GLUTEN-FREE SOFT DINNER ROLLS RECIPE
GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA ROLLS (EASY HOMEMADE RECIPE)
GLUTEN-FREE SOURDOUGH CRESCENT ROLLS - THIS VIVACIOUS LIFE
ARE PILLSBURY CRESCENT ROLLS GLUTEN FREE
GLUTEN FREE PILLSBURY CRESCENT ROLLS - THERESCIPES.INFO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #breads #american #dietary #gluten-free #free-of-something
You'll also love