GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
Grandma Smith makes the best baked beans ever. She is not good about sharing her recipes, however. She gave me these ingredients but no proportions. So here is my best guess.
Provided by Snowpeas
Yield 56 ounces, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix the beans, brown sugar and ketchup in a baking dish.
- Pull the bacon apart and place on top of the beans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bacon is done and beans are bubbly. About 1 hour.
- Rough chop the garlic, carrot, serrano and onion into small pieces. Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped vegetables and 1 teaspoon cumin to the pot and cook until the onion starts to brown.
- Strain the beans and add them to the pot. Pour in enough water to just cover the beans. Cover and bring them to a boil. Stir, then cover again and lower to a simmer. Simmer the beans until they start to burst, around 1 hour.
- Uncover the pot and add the orange, squeezing the juice into the pot and then dropping the halves in. Stir in the remaining teaspoon cumin and the salt. Continue to simmer to allow the beans to thicken, about 45 minutes more. Add more cumin and salt to taste.
- Serve as a side dish, over rice, or on their own on a taco.
OLD FASHIONED BAKED BEANS
- Bring 10 cups water and navy beans to a boil in a large pot; cook at a boil for 2 minutes. Stir bacon, onion, brown sugar, molasses, and salt into the water.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a slow cooker.
- Cook on High, stirring occasionally, for 4 hours.
- Stir 3 cups water into the mixture. Continue cooking until beans are tender, about 2 hours 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242.1 calories, Carbohydrate 42.7 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 10.2 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 416.9 mg, Sugar 15.9 g
OLD-FASHIONED BAKED BEANS
These hearty beans are a super side dish for a casual meal. The ingredients blend perfectly for a wonderful from-scratch taste. The old-fashioned flavor will have people standing in line for more. -Jesse & Anne Foust, Bluefield, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring beans, salt and 2 qt. water to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1 hour. Drain beans and discard liquid. Return beans to pan. Cover with remaining water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are tender. Drain, reserving liquid. In a greased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish, combine beans, 1 cup liquid, onion, molasses, bacon, brown sugar, mustard and pepper. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until beans are as thick as desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Add more of the reserved cooking liquid if needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 269mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS
Grandma Brown's canned baked beans are available in the northeast USA but not common elsewhere. They are very simple with only 6 ingredients named on the can. This is a process to recreate them faithfully. Note that these beans are not tomato based, they are thick not saucy, and they are only mildly sweet. The final product either from the can or from the recipe is easily modified to your taste by adding bacon, tomato ketchup, brown sugar, spices. But they are great the way they are. They taste like beans!
Provided by ks100
Yield 10 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda to 6 cups water.
- bring water to a boil.
- sort through beans for debris.
- add navy beans to water.
- boil 10 minutes.
- turn off heat.
- cover pot.
- let sit overnight.
- rinse beans well.
- add beans and all other ingredients to oven proof pot with tight fitting lid.
- stir well.
- add water until beans are just covered.
- cover pot with lid.
- bake 5 to 6 hours at 300°F.
- every hour stir and add water to cover if beans are drying out.
- final product should be a thick and not runny.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.6, Fat 1.3, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 7.4, Sodium 994.3, Carbohydrate 28.7, Fiber 7.9, Sugar 9.2, Protein 9.4
More about "grandmas baked beans recipes"
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED BAKED BEANS - THE BEST OF …
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS - EASY BAKED BEANS RECIPE
Reviews 46Calories 94 per servingCategory Side Dish
10 BEST GRANDMA BROWN BAKED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRANDMA'S SECRET TO ULTIMATE BAKED BEANS - BLESSED BEYOND ...
GREAT GRANDMA’S BAKED BEANS – CROWDED EARTH KITCHEN
OLD FASHIONED CROCK POT BAKED BEANS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
RECIPE FOR GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
GRANDMAS BAKED BEANS BEST RECIPES
GRANDMA KIRK'S BAKED BEANS - BEAN RECIPES
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GRANDMA LUCY'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE — BLESS THIS MESS
GRANDMA BETTY'S BAKED BEANS - COOKING WITH RUTHIE
CROCK-POT GRANDMA’S FAMOUS BAKED BEANS RECIPE
GRANDMA DUMENEY'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SLOW COOKER BOSTON BAKED BEANS - GRANDMA'S MOLASSES®
GRANDMA'S REAL SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS – MUST LOVE HOME
SLOW COOKER BAKED BEANS GRANDMA - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS | BAKED BEANS RECIPE - POSITIVELY JANE
3 BEST GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE
GRANDMA'S SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS - YUMMLY RECIPES
EASY BAKED BEANS - GRANDMA'S MOLASSES®
BAKED BEANS RECIPE - DIY LIVING BY TALISA LINDSAY
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED BAKED BEANS - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
COPYCAT GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST BAKED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FAIRWAY MARKET IGA - RECIPE: GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
GRANDMA’S BAKED BEANS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
GRANDMAS BAKED BEANS RECIPES - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS | DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER
TOP 44 GRANDMAS MOLASSES BAKED BEANS RECIPE RECIPES
GRANDMA GWEN'S BEANS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GRANDMA KIRK'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE - PAUL KIRK | FOOD & WINE
(THE BEST!) GLUTEN-FREE BAKED BEANS - EASY, SWEET & TANGY ...
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE - BARBEQUELOVERS.COM
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE - CAKE BAKING
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CROCK POT BAKED BEANS RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRANDMA'S HOME-BAKED BEANS - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook baked beans from Grandma Brown's recipe?Steps: Heat a smoker for cooking at 225 degrees F. Add pork and beans, black beans, kidney beans and butter beans to a foil pan and set aside. Brown the beef in a large skillet, then drain the grease and add the beef to the beans. COPYCAT GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS - ALL INFORMATION ... copycat grandma browns baked beans recipes.
Can you make Grandma’s Baked Beans in a slow cooker?This recipe was sent to us by Crock-Pot Ladies reader Pam Barnes for her grandma’s famous baked beans done up in the slow cooker. We just love “grandma recipes” they are always the best aren’t they? Unless your grandma can’t cook… Then this recipe is for you because it comes from a grandma that CAN cook!
What are some easy baked beans to make?Let’s make some baked beans! My Grandma's Easy Baked Beans (Pork 'n Beans) made in your slow cooker or in your oven. Savory thick bacon with a little sweetness from the brown sugar. The only baked beans recipe I have ever really liked! Combine all ingredients in your crockpot, cook on low 4 hours.
What is my grandma’s Pork ‘N Beans?My Grandma’s Pork ‘n Beans is the only Baked Beans recipe I have ever known. Canned pork ‘n beans sweetened with brown sugar and filled with pieces of thick bacon. Made on your stovetop or in your slow cooker, it’s the perfect side dish for any time of the year! I always loved it when my Grandma Czaplewski made her baked beans for get-togethers.