GRANNY'S BBQ BEANS
- Heat a smoker for cooking at 225 degrees F.
- Add pork and beans, black beans, kidney beans and butter beans to a foil pan and set aside.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet, then drain the grease and add the beef to the beans. Cook the bacon in the same skillet, then add the bacon to the beans. Add the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, onion, jalapeños, salt and pepper to the beans.
- Place the foil pan in the smoker and let smoke until there is a nice bark covering the top of the beans, 4 to 5 hours.
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
Grandma Smith makes the best baked beans ever. She is not good about sharing her recipes, however. She gave me these ingredients but no proportions. So here is my best guess.
Provided by Snowpeas
Yield 56 ounces, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix the beans, brown sugar and ketchup in a baking dish.
- Pull the bacon apart and place on top of the beans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bacon is done and beans are bubbly. About 1 hour.
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS
Grandma Brown's canned baked beans are available in the northeast USA but not common elsewhere. They are very simple with only 6 ingredients named on the can. This is a process to recreate them faithfully. Note that these beans are not tomato based, they are thick not saucy, and they are only mildly sweet. The final product either from the can or from the recipe is easily modified to your taste by adding bacon, tomato ketchup, brown sugar, spices. But they are great the way they are. They taste like beans!
Provided by ks100
Yield 10 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda to 6 cups water.
- bring water to a boil.
- sort through beans for debris.
- add navy beans to water.
- boil 10 minutes.
- turn off heat.
- cover pot.
- let sit overnight.
- rinse beans well.
- add beans and all other ingredients to oven proof pot with tight fitting lid.
- stir well.
- add water until beans are just covered.
- cover pot with lid.
- bake 5 to 6 hours at 300°F.
- every hour stir and add water to cover if beans are drying out.
- final product should be a thick and not runny.
- Rough chop the garlic, carrot, serrano and onion into small pieces. Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped vegetables and 1 teaspoon cumin to the pot and cook until the onion starts to brown.
- Strain the beans and add them to the pot. Pour in enough water to just cover the beans. Cover and bring them to a boil. Stir, then cover again and lower to a simmer. Simmer the beans until they start to burst, around 1 hour.
- Uncover the pot and add the orange, squeezing the juice into the pot and then dropping the halves in. Stir in the remaining teaspoon cumin and the salt. Continue to simmer to allow the beans to thicken, about 45 minutes more. Add more cumin and salt to taste.
- Serve as a side dish, over rice, or on their own on a taco.
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS
- 1. Soak beans overnight. In the morning boil over a low heat for 30 minutes. Adding water to cover if necessary.
- 2. Take 1/2 cup of the bean liquid and dissolve the dry mustard, white sugar and brown sugar. Add to the beans.
- 3. Add the following to the beans. Molasses, salt and ketsup.
- 4. In a dutch oven place the onion and most of the pork cubes in the bottom. Pour in the bean mixture.
- 5. place the remaining pork cubes on top.
- 6. Bake at 325 degrees for 4 hours and 30 minutes.
More about "grandmas baked beans recipes"
GRANDMA LUCY'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE — BLESS THIS MESS
2019-07-05 · Cook the vegetables in the bacon grease until tender, about 8 minutes. When the veggies are cooked, add them to the drained beans.
- Open up your pork and beans, and drain off about 2/3 of the liquid. Don’t use a strainer; you do want some liquid left. (I normally just place the lid that I just used a can opener to open back inside the can, tip the can over while holding down the metal “lid,” and let it drain for about 10 seconds.)
- Chop the raw bacon up into small pieces. Place it in a hot skillet that has been heated over medium-high heat. Cook until well done and very crispy. Use a slotted spoon remove the cooked bacon, and place it on a paper towel-lined plate. Leave extra bacon grease in the skillet.
- Keep the skillet on the hot burner, and add the bell pepper and onion. Cook the vegetables in the bacon grease until tender, about 8 minutes.
OLD FASHIONED MOLASSES AND BACON BAKED BEANS. OLD ...
2021-01-21 · Add to a large covered roaster (Turkey roasting size) along with the crisp bacon, the soaked beans (which have been drained) and add all of the remaining ingredients. Stir all together well, cover and place in a 325 degree F oven …
CROCK-POT GRANDMA’S FAMOUS BAKED BEANS RECIPE
2018-07-09 · Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease off from the pan and place pan back on stove and add the diced onion and cook until the onion just starts to turn golden in color. Add the canned beans, cooked bacon, …
CROCK POT LOADED BAKED BEANS RECIPE - GRANDMA'S THINGS
2019-08-08 · 1151. These Crock Pot Loaded Baked Beans are a family favorite! Last winter a friend sent me her bean recipe and the kids have been in love with them ever since she brought them over. I personally love that they will eat this since it is packed full of protein between the beans …
10 BEST GRANDMA BROWN BAKED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-17 · navy beans, smoked paprika, garlic, tomato paste, white onion and 7 more Barbequed Pulled Pork Sandwich and Baked Beans Madeleine Cocina chile peppers, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, garlic, garlic powder and 17 more Baked Beans La …
See details »
GRANDMA'S REAL SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS – MUST LOVE HOME
2016-08-22 · In a large mixing bowl, add the cans of great northern beans and the pork and beans. To the beans add the cooked onion and bacon, and the remaining ingredients.
- Start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees. Then heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the hot skillet and fry the bacon until it is almost crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate and cut the slices in half.
- DO NOT pour out the bacon grease. In the same skillet you used for the bacon, fry the onions, stirring them around in the bacon grease until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain off most of the fat from the onions and set the skillet aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cans of great northern beans and the pork and beans. To the beans add the cooked onion and bacon, and the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the bean mixture into a very large baking dish, or two 9 x 13 foil baking pans. Place the pans on the center rack of the oven and bake for 1 -1/2 hours. Cool the beans slightly before serving.
GRANDMA KIRK'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE - PAUL KIRK | FOOD & WINE
2013-12-07 · Step 2. Preheat the oven to 300°. Stir the onion, garlic, molasses, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, Worcestershire and mustard into the beans, then nestle in the bacon. Cover and bake for 3 hours ...
- Put the beans in a large enameled cast-iron casserole and add enough water to cover by 1/2 inch. Bring to a simmer and cook until the skins on the beans curl up when you blow on them, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Stir the onion, garlic, molasses, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, Worcestershire and mustard into the beans, then nestle in the bacon. Cover and bake for 3 hours, until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally and adding water as needed to cover the beans by 1/2 inch.
- Stir in the Burnt Ends (if using), then bake the beans uncovered about 1 1/2 hours longer, until richly browned on top. Remove the bacon piece, chop into cubes and return to the beans before serving.
GRANDMA GWEN'S BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2012-05-11 · Recipes; Grandma Gwen's Beans; Grandma Gwen's Beans. Rating: 4.5 stars. 8 Ratings . 5 star values: 6 4 star values: 1 3 star values: 0 2 star values: 0 1 star values: 1 Read Reviews Add Review 8 Ratings 2 Reviews 2012 Side Dish Smackdown Winner: Best Baked BeansThis baked bean recipe features four types of canned beans baked …
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook bacon, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving desired amount of drippings in skillet. (We reserved about 3 Tbsp.) Crumble bacon.
- Sauté onions in hot drippings over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are tender. Add brown sugar and next 4 ingredients. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Combine butter beans, next 3 ingredients, bacon, and onion mixture in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
GRANDMA'S SECRET TO ULTIMATE BAKED BEANS - BLESSED BEYOND ...
2021-07-02 · Easy Baked Beans Recipe. As previously stated, this recipe is super simple and extremely easy to make gluten-free. To make Grandma’s Ultimate Baked Beans you’ll need 2 cans of baked beans, hot dogs, onion, ketchup, ground mustard, dark brown suga r, and the secret ingredient – molasses! Beans and Wieners . I personally use Bush’s Baked Beans because they are really good …
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED BAKED BEANS - THE BEST OF THIS LIFE
2020-09-08 · Put beans in a 6-cup flameproof casserole dish. Place onions in bean mixture. Add remaining 7 ingredients in with the beans, stirring gently to combine. Add additional water enough to cover mixture and place sliced lean pork on top. Cover with lid and bake in oven at 250F for 7 hours stirring every hour or so. Notes.
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS - EASY BAKED BEANS RECIPE
2020-05-29 · My Grandma’s Pork ‘n Beans is the only Baked Beans recipe I have ever known. Canned pork ‘n beans sweetened with brown sugar and filled with pieces of thick bacon. Made on your stovetop or in your slow cooker, it’s the perfect side dish for any time of the year!
GRANDMA DUMENEY'S BAKED BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2012-11-07 · 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.Read More
SLOW COOKER BOSTON BAKED BEANS | GRANDMA'S MOLASSES®
Cover each cup of dried beans with 3 cups of water; let stand for a minimum of 12 hours. Bring beans to a boil. Add salt and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for an hour.
GRANDMA BROWN'S BAKED BEANS - HOME COOKING - CHOWHOUND
2013-10-13 · Grandma Brown's Baked Beans. p. pembree. |. Oct 12, 2013 08:43 PM 4. I grew up in western NY and when mom didn't have time to make homemade baked beans, the only brand purchased was Grandma Brown's. They were very close in flavor to mom's. I'm getting back to my roots, so to speak, these days. Haven't purchased a loaf of bread in weeks, have ...
BROWN SUGAR AND BACON BAKED BEANS - GRANDMA'S SIMPLE RECIPES
2020-06-09 · In a deep skillet, heat about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat (or butter) over MED heat. Add the diced onion and green pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine well. Let the mixture simmer for about a minute. While the mixture is simmering, grease a 13×9 baking pan.
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | GRANDMA ...
7 · Grandma Brown's canned baked beans are available in the northeast USA but not common elsewhere. They are very simple with only 6 ingredients named on the can. This is a process to recreate them faithfully. Note that these beans are not tomato based, they are thick not saucy, and they are only mildly sweet. The final product either from the can or from the recipe is easily modified to your ...
GRANDMAS BAKED BEANS RECIPE - TFRECIPES.COM
Crock-Pot Grandma’s Famous Baked Beans Recipe. 34028 · This easy recipe for baked beans has just 5 ingredients and is full of great flavor. Perfect for your summer barbecue or family cookout! Recipe by Crock-Pot Ladies. 45. 5 ingredients. Meat. 12 oz Bacon, Center Cut. Produce. 32 oz Beans, Canned Baked. 1/2 cup Sweet onion. Condiments. 1/3 cup Barbecue sauce, Bottled. Baking & Spices. 1/2 ...
See details »
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS SHORTAGE RECIPES
Steps: add 1 teaspoon baking soda to 6 cups water. bring water to a boil. sort through beans for debris.
See details »
GRANDMA BROWN'S BEANS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 Best Grandma Brown Baked Beans Recipes. Central New York’s favorite baked beans, Grandma Browns Baked Beans are just as hearty and delicious as they have been for years.Hailing from Mexico, NY, these are the baked beans you grew up with and have come to love. Enjoy them at bar-b-ques or holiday meals. Personalized health review for Grandma Brown's Home Baked Beans: 160 calories, …
See details »
BAKED CANNED BEANS | GRANDMA'S MOLASSES®
If you like baked beans, this is the recipe for you. Ingredients. 2 can baked beans; 2 tbsp Original Molasses; 1 tbsp onion, chopped; 1/2 tsp salt; 1 tsp prepared mustard; 3 strip bacon ; Directions. Heat oven to 350F. Heat beans. Stir in molasses, onion, salt and mustard. Pour into baking pan. Arrange bacon over beans. Bake until bacon is brown and crisp. Related Recipes. Grandma’s Pepper ...
See details »
GRANDMA’S BAKED BEANS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
2016-06-29 · Add bacon to the saute pan and cook 1–2 minutes. Add onion and celery and continue cooking until bacon starts to crisp. Drain fat and set aside. In the prepared baking dish, combine baked beans, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, and reserved bacon, onion and celery.
See details »
GRANDMA BROWNS BAKED BEANS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
Groups / Grandma browns baked beans recipe (0) Grandma's Favorites. 4 members. Grandma 's Favorites, Grandma 's Favorite recipies. beg her to make. Ya, those recipes you. high altitude baking. 4 members. high altitude baking, recipes for high altitude baking and cooking. KitchenAid Mixer Recipes. 2 members . there is not 1 website for recipes using your mixer or at www.gotmixer.com Lets get ...
See details »
BAKED BEANS GRANDMA BROWN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GRANDMA'S BAKED BEANS Fry bacon until crisp, drain.... minutes. Drain Lima beans, kidney beans, and butter beans. Add baked beans and drained beans, crumbled... (3 qt.) and bake 325 degrees for 1 …
See details »