GRANDMA'S HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
A classic homemade chicken noodle soup recipe straight from my Italian grandmother's kitchen. This recipe makes a tasty, nourishing soup loaded with tender chunks of chicken, vegetables and wide noodles to catch all the delicious broth. Easy to cook on the stovetop or in a pressure cooker.
Provided by Karen Tedesco
Categories Soup and Stew
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Put the butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook 5 minutes, stirring, or until the onion is softened.
- Add the chicken, broth, turmeric, 2 teaspoons salt, black pepper, lemon and Parmesan rind. Stir. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and partially cover the pan. Let the soup bubble gently for 45 minutes. The chicken should be very tender and shred easily with a fork. Remove the cheese rind and lemon slices and discard.
- When the soup is almost done, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- Add the noodles and dill to the soup. Serve warm in bowls, sprinkled with cheese and celery leaves.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 304 kcal, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 29 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 119 mg, Sodium 215 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 8 g
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN SOUP WITH HOMEMADE NOODLES
This is my beloved Grandmother's recipe. I have made noodles from scratch mixing, rolling, and cutting by hand. Today I use a dough mixer and pasta cutter to save time.
Provided by Kelly Nagy Cramer
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring chicken stock to a boil; cook chicken breasts at a boil until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken, cool, and cut meat from bone; keep chicken stock at a low simmer.
- Mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt together using the dough hook attachment in the bowl of a stand mixer on Low; add eggs and water, 1 tablespoon at time, until dough holds together.
- Split dough in half. Roll 1 dough half on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough into noodles 2 to 3-inches long x 1/4-inch wide using a sharp knife dipped in flour or a fettuccine pasta cutter. Repeat with other dough half.
- Return chicken to the simmering stock; add noodles. Season stock with black pepper and 1 pinch salt. Cook soup until noodles are cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489.8 calories, Carbohydrate 50.8 g, Cholesterol 179.4 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 41.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 2021.5 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This soup is wonderful on a cold day or when feeling the need for comfort food. It is quick and easy to make. I adapted it slightly from a book called All American Low Fat Cooking.
Provided by Kate in Ontario
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium sized pot combine stock, veggies and spices except parsley.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- While chicken is cooking, cook the noodles in a large pot as per package directions.
- Drain and add to soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.2, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 101.8, Sodium 544, Carbohydrate 16.9, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 7.3, Protein 38.6
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This is a recipe that was given to me by my grandmother. It is a very savory and tasty soup and I believe that all will like it. If you would like to add even more flavor, try using smoked chicken!!
Provided by CORWYNN DARKHOLME
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Cholesterol 32.9 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 1663.8 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
GRANDMA'S SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Make great soup just like the old days! Canned broth, diced tomatoes and frozen sweet peas lend to its convenience.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook chicken in skillet about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown.
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix chicken and remaining ingredients except peas and noodles.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours 30 minutes to 7 hours.
- Stir in peas and noodles. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 730 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN 'N' DUMPLING SOUP
I've enjoyed making this rich homemade chicken dumpling soup recipe for over 40 years. Every time I serve this type of soup, I remember my southern grandma, who was very special to me and was known as an outstanding cook. -Paulette Balda, Prophetstown, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Place the chicken, water, bouillon, peppercorns and cloves in a stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil; skim foam. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Strain broth; return to stockpot. , Remove chicken and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and skin and cut chicken into chunks. Cool broth and skim off fat. , Return chicken to stockpot with soups, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Uncover; increase heat to a gentle boil. Discard bay leaf., For dumplings, combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in egg, butter and enough milk to make a moist stiff batter. Drop by teaspoonfuls into soup. Cover and cook without lifting the lid for 18-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 1447mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Homemade stock, homemade noodles, homemade soup, with a bonus serving of homemade pasta for two at another meal. Recipe is easily doubled. Don't double noodle recipe and use them all in the soup.
Provided by sugarpea
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Stock: Cut away any obvious fat from chicken and place only dark meat chicken parts in Dutch oven or stockpot; add water, onion, carrot, celery, parsley stems, peppercorns and cloves.
- Bring to boil, skim off foam at top and then add thyme; reduce heat to simmer; simmer 20 minutes and then add chicken breast; simmer another 25 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken but continue to simmer broth; as soon as chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and return bones to broth; simmer another 20 minutes.
- Noodles: While the chicken and stock are simmering, make the noodles; in a food processor, process flour, eggs, oil, water, oregano, cheese and salt 45-60 seconds to mix and knead the pasta; (if making the pasta by hand, place flour on work surface and make a well in the center; add the other ingredients to the well and mix with hands to form dough; knead on floured surface for 10 minutes); cover dough and let rest 10-20 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll each as thinly as possible to a 14" square; trim the edges to make somewhat straight; lightly flour the surface of the dough; roll each square loosely, as for a jelly roll; cut each roll with sharp knife into 1/4" slices; shake slices open.
- Lay half of the noodles flat in a loose, overlapping mound; cut into 2" lengths and spread them out to dry for about 15 minutes; lay the other half of the noodles out flat to dry or drape on pasta dryer; when noodles are somewhat dry and do not stick together, roll in several loose circles of a few noodles each and seal in platic bag in a single layer; use in another dish of your choice within 2-3 days.
- Soup: Strain broth and return to pot; add stock and bring to a boil; add carrots and cook 2 minutes; add peas and noodles and cook another 2 minutes; add chicken, parsley, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1048.5, Fat 33.8, SaturatedFat 9.7, Cholesterol 456.4, Sodium 1257.9, Carbohydrate 88.6, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 6.7, Protein 93
BONNIE'S GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This old-fashioned chicken noodle soup is the best we have ever tasted. It is also a snap to make with the ingredients you have right in your own pantry. Great served with grilled golden brown swiss cheese sandwiches on French bread. This recipe makes a lot. Freeze some and enjoy it later on! Happy Cooking! The photo is my own and so is this humble recipe.
Provided by BonniE ! @ReikiHealsTheSoul
Number Of Ingredients 11
- DAY BEFORE Boil the drumsticks in the water until done. Save the water to make the soup. Refrigerate.
- THE NEXT DAY... PREPARE GRANDMA'S NOODLES (These are NOT the regular wide curly kind) Follow the instructions on the package that say to slit the plastic and microwave 1 minute. Remove and separate the noodles and spread them out on a cookie sheet.
- MAKE THE SOUP Remove skin and bones from the drumsticks and discard. Save the chicken and the broth. Chop the onions, celery and carrots and saute in a large dutch oven in a little olive oil. When the vegetables are tender, add the minced garlic and stir a couple of times. Add the chicken stock, chicken granules, pepper, marjoram,and the chicken to the pot. Simmer covered over low heat until the vegetables are done. Add Grandma's noodles and bring soup to a low boil and cook until noodles are tender and to your preference. Add frozen peas. Check seasoning. Cook until peas are done.
- COOK'S TIP Do you like a lot of broth or a little broth in your soup? If you don't have enough broth to suit you, you can add a can of chicken broth,a teaspoon of chicken granules, a half can of water and a teaspoon of marjoram and add it to the broth to thin it.
More about "grandmas chicken noodle soup recipes"
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - DIVAS CAN COOK
FAMILY RECIPE: GRANDMA’S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - PRIME WOMEN
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE – JUST LIKE GRANDMA USED …
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED ITALIAN CHICKEN SOUP
BETTER THAN GRANDMA’S INSTANT POT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
GRANDMA'S INSTANT POT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - FOOD RECIPES
OG GRANDMA CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP — ITALIAN ENOUGH
THE ULTIMATE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - TASTYDONE
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - FOOD RECIPES
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - PIONEER THINKING
GRANDMA’S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - A ZESTY BITE
GRANDMA’S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - SOUPNATION.NET
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP DELIVERY
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP ALLRECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - YUM TASTE
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN SOUP FROM SCRATCH - FEARLESS DINING
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GRANDMA’S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - GLORIOUS SOUP RECIPES
COOK THIS: GRANDMA-STYLE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP FROM SMITTEN …
MY GRANDMA CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | RECIPES INSPIRATION
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - PINTEREST
GRANDMA’S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | THE KENTUCKY GENT
ITALIAN GRANDMA GINA - OLD FASHIONED ITALIAN CHICKEN SOUP ...
GRANDMAS HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN SOUP WITH HOMEMADE NOODLES RECIPE
NOODLE SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE: TASTY MY GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - COOKCODEX
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN & VEGGIE SOUP RECIPE - BETTERLIVIN
CHICKEN AND NOODLES - GRANDMA'S FROZEN NOODLES
SLOW-COOKER GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP — SIMPLE ECOLOGY
AOL FOOD - RECIPES, COOKING AND ENTERTAINING - AOL.COM
GRANDMA'S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Grandma's chicken soup recipe?Grandma's chicken soup recipe is easy to make using a whole chicken and vegetables. Saved! Add a whole raw chicken to a large stock pot. Add all ingredients, cover and simmer on medium low until it boils. Once the soup is boiling, turn down the temperature to low and simmer for 2 hours.
How to cook chicken and noodles for Soup?In a medium sized pot combine stock, veggies and spices except parsley. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley. While chicken is cooking, cook the noodles in a large pot as per package directions.
How long does it take to cook Grandma's chicken noodle soup?Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup Natalie Owen + 352352 more images Recipe Summary cook: 25 mins total: 45 mins prep: 20 mins Servings:
What is the rating of Grandma's chicken noodle soup?Noodle Soup Recipes Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup Rating: 4.5 stars 1847 Ratings 5star values:1277 4star values:421 3star values:102 2star values:25 1star values:22 Read Reviews