Make vegan cupcakes with buttercream topping using dairy-free and egg-free ingredients. They make the perfect treat for afternoon tea or a mid-morning snack
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the holes of a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases. Stir the milk and vinegar in a jug and leave to thicken slightly for a few mins.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until well combined. Whisk in the vanilla, then add the milk a splash at a time, alternating with spoonfuls of the flour. Fold in any remaining flour, the baking powder and a pinch of salt until you get a creamy batter. Don't worry if it looks a little curdled at this stage.
- Divide between the cupcake cases, filling them two-thirds full, and bake for 20 - 25 mins until golden and risen. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla with an electric whisk until pale and creamy. Divide between bowls and colour with different food colourings until you get desired strength. Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 265 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 37 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 30 grams sugar, Fiber 0.4 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.28 milligram of sodium
VEGAN VANILLA CUPCAKES
There are no tricks to these satisfying dairy- and egg-free cupcakes. Be sure to use refrigerated soy or almond milk instead of the shelf-stable kind-there are fewer additives, which can greatly affect the final texture and taste of a recipe.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- For the cake: Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together the almond milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in another medium bowl. Add the almond milk mixture to the flour mixture and gently fold until just combined (it's OK if there are lumps). Divide the batter evenly among the prepared liners.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown and bounce back when pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting: Beat the margarine on medium-high in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a hand mixer) until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the confectioners' sugar, almond milk and vanilla and beat on low until the frosting comes together and is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Frost and decorate the cupcakes as desired.
These taste amazing and are quick to make! You can play around and substitute different milks, oils and extracts; just about any will work. I've listed my favorites. Unfortunately, this recipe doesn't rise well as a cake, but cupcakes are more fun anyway! These are great with a simple frosting of cocoa powder, powdered sugar and orange juice.
Provided by cornfairy
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with 18 paper baking cups.
- Measure the apple cider vinegar into a 2 cup measuring cup. Fill with almond milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let stand until curdled, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk mixture, coconut oil and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with desired frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.6 g, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 167.4 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
VEGAN VANILLA CUPCAKES
We love using this simple vegan vanilla cupcake recipe as a base to layer on extra flavor. Stir in grated orange zest and chopped pecans, vegan chocolate chips and cinnamon, or your own favorite mix-ins. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. , Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 180mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "vegan cupcakes recipes"
BEST-EVER VEGAN VANILLA CUPCAKES - MY DARLING VEGAN
Ratings 39Calories 287 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups and spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a stand-up mixer, using your paddle attachment, cream the vegan butter on high for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary. Turn mixer to low and slowly add powdered sugar with motor running, again scraping down the sides as necessary. Once the powdered sugar is incorporated, turn the mixer back up to high and beat for another 3-5 minutes until thick and creamy. Turn down mixer, add non-dairy milk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
THE BEST VEGAN CUPCAKES - VEGAN HEAVEN
5/5 (6)Category Dessert, SnackCuisine AmericanCalories 401 per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter with the sugar and the salt and beat with an electric hand mixer until combined and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- To prevent the cupcakes from sticking to the muffin liners, spray them with nonstick baking spray after you’ve placed them in the muffin tray. Then divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
12 VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES FOR HOLIDAYS OR ANY DAY | OH MY ...
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
40 DELICIOUS VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES. - THE PRETTY BEE
Reviews 17Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
15 AMAZING VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES - SHORTGIRLTALLORDER
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
OUR FAVORITE VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
EASIEST VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPE | PETA
See details »
SUPER SIMPLE VEGAN VANILLA CUPCAKES | MY GOODNESS KITCHEN
4.8/5 (15)Category Dessert, Vegan BakingCuisine AmericanCalories 380 per serving
- Add the butter to a stand mixer (with the paddle attachment) or a large bowl using a hand-mixer and cream it for 2 minutes on medium to high speed.
VEGAN FUNFETTI CUPCAKES | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
Ratings 356Calories 380 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a standard muffin holder with 12 paper liners (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Add non-dairy milk and vinegar or lemon juice to a large mixing bowl and let set a few minutes to curdle/activate. Then add oil and vanilla and whisk or use a hand mixer to beat vigorously to combine. Then add sugar and whisk or use a hand mixer to beat to combine/dissolve. It may splash so be careful!
- Add dry ingredients (omitting sprinkles) to a sifter in this order: two-thirds of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and then the remaining third of the flour.
- Sift over wet ingredients and use a whisk or hand mixer to blend until well incorporated and no large lumps remain. The texture should be somewhere between thick and thin. Not liquidy, but not scoopable (rather, pourable). Somewhere near a buttermilk pancake batter consistency. We had to add another 1-2 Tbsp flour to thicken slightly.
CLASSIC VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - LOVING IT VEGAN
Ratings 48Calories 409 per servingCategory Baking, Cakes, Dessert
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a mixing bowl and add the white and brown sugar, baking soda and salt and mix together.
- Add the soy milk, vanilla, oil, applesauce and vinegar and mix in. Use a hand whisk to whisk out any big lumps.
VEGAN VANILLA CUPCAKES - LOVING IT VEGAN
Ratings 82Calories 357 per servingCategory Cake, Cupcakes, Dessert See details »
VEGAN VANILLA CUPCAKES! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 30 minsCategory VeganCalories 380 per serving See details »
20 EASY VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Published 2021-08-23Category Desserts, Recipe Roundup
- Classic Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe. You’ll notice that the recipe for these light and fluffy chocolate cupcakes is super similar to any other. One key difference being the use of applesauce over eggs.
- Best Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes EVER. Amazingly, this recipe has zero butter or oil. Instead, it uses full-fat coconut milk for added moisture. Since you’ll use coconut cream and water, it’s best to whisk this thoroughly before adding it to the cake batter.
- Vegan Lemon Cupcakes. This lemon recipe is light and moist and is enhanced by the lemon frosting on top. Of course, for something with a zesty kick, you could fill the cupcakes with vegan lemon curd, too.
- Vegan Tiramisu Cupcakes. Before you make these, I need to warn you: you will eat more than one (or three) in one sitting, and they will be on your mind all day long.
- Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Carrot cake is the perfect option when you want something sweet, but not too sweet. It has a hint of warmth, and I just adore the texture you’ll get from adding nuts and raisins.
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes. These vegan red velvet cupcakes use coconut oil, spelt flour, and beetroot powder for coloring. So, they’re not your average cupcakes!
- Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes. Strawberry cupcakes are challenging to get right at the best of times. They’re often flavorless, super dense, and the color quickly fades in the oven.
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes. It’s easier than you think to make vegan pumpkin cupcakes. As you can use pumpkin puree as an egg replacement, you’re halfway there without having to do anything special.
- Vegan Coconut Cupcakes. There’s something so clean and classy about an all-white cupcake. Of course, they can also be super fun if you find some funky cupcake liners.
- Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes. Mint and chocolate work well together because the freshness of the mint is the perfect match for that slightly bitter and super-rich deep chocolate flavor.
EASY VEGAN VANILLA CUPCAKES (GLUTEN-FREE) - MINIMALIST ...
4.7/5 (18)Calories 243 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a standard-size muffin tin with cupcake liners (we prefer these ones). Cupcake liners are preferable over greasing the pan because they prevent the sides from browning too much and yield a prettier result. But in a pinch, lightly grease instead.
- To a large mixing bowl, add dairy-free milk, applesauce, avocado oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add almond flour, potato starch, cornstarch, baking powder, and sea salt and whisk again until well incorporated and no lumps remain. The texture should be thick and look similar to cornbread batter (see photo). If too thick, thin with a little more dairy-free milk. If too thin, add a little more almond flour.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners filling a generous 3/4 of the way full. Recipe as written makes 12 cupcakes.
VEGAN HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES: GHOSTS, MONSTERS, AND BATS ...
4.7/5 (7)Calories 441 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Transfer 1/3 of the frosting to another bowl. Add green food coloring and stir until desired color is achieved.
- Transfer vanilla frosting to a piping bag. Pipe frosting into a swirl. Add two mini chocolate chips to the center for eyes, and one regular chocolate chip to the center for the mouth.
19 VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES THAT ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR BILL ...
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs See details »
21 VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASION - VEGAN FOOD ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
11 BEST VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES [MAPLE, LAVENDER, …
Ratings 1Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Dessert, SnackPublished 2021-05-12 See details »
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - THE SECRET RECIPE WITH NO EGGS ...
Ratings 45Calories 134 per servingCategory Dessert See details »
VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES WORTH CELEBRATING | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley Sugg See details »
50 VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES TO SINK YOUR TEETH INTO | VEGBYTE ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES | VEGAN - BIANCA ZAPATKA ...
See details »
VEGAN PECAN PIE CUPCAKES - EPIC VEGAN RECIPES - ADDICTED ...
See details »
15 EASY VEGAN CUPCAKE RECIPES - BAKEDBYCLO | VEGAN DESSERT ...
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #cupcakes #desserts #vegan #vegetarian #cakes #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you need to make a vegan cupcake?Before we jump into the recipes, let's quickly go over the basic ingredients you need to make any vegan cupcake recipe: Baking powder & baking soda (since we aren't using eggs, these chemical leaveners are a KEY part of making vegan cupcakes fluffy) Salt (yes it 100% necessary and actually makes desserts sweeter!)
How do you make vegan apple cider vinegar cupcakes?Measure the apple cider vinegar into a 2 cup measuring cup. Fill with almond milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let stand until curdled, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Can you make vegan vanilla cupcakes with almond flour?Perfectly fluffy vanilla cupcakes that happen to be vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened. Just 1 bowl and 10 ingredients required! 2 cups almond flour (the closest sub would be cashew flour, or a mix of coconut flour and a GF blend, but we haven't tested it this way and can't promise good results!)
How long do you bake a vegan vanilla cupcake?With a large ice cream scoop or piping bag fill a muffin tin with batter so that each muffin mold is ¾th the way full. Place it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When the cupcakes are done, you’ll notice that it has begun to pull away from the edges slightly.