OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP
Ina Garten's Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp, a recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network, is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 by 14 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into large wedges. Combine the apples with the zests, juices, sugar, and spices. Pour into the dish.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and cold butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is the size of peas. Scatter evenly over the apples.
- Place the crisp on a sheet pan and bake for 1 hour until the top is brown and the apples are bubbly. Serve warm.
GRANDMA'S APPLE CRISP RECIPE
Fork tender baked cinnamon apples with a crisp, sweet topping that makes for the perfect Fall dessert! Top it off with a little vanilla ice cream for the ultimate dessert!
Provided by makeyourmeals
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8x11 baking dish and set aside.
- Peel, core and cut apples into bite size chunks or slices and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with tops of the apples with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 3 Tbsp. butter, cut in pieces
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Add 1/2 cup softened butter to mixture and cut in with a pastry cutter or use your hands until it resembles pea size crumbles.
- Sprinkle mixture over top of the apples.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the top is golden brown and the apples are soft.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488 calories, Carbohydrate 75 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 56 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 22 grams fat, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1 grams, Sodium 5 grams sodium, Sugar 52 grams sugar, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams unsaturated fat
GRANDMA'S EASY APPLE CRISP
Grandma's Easy Apple Crisp recipe is a traditional, old fashioned apple crisp without oats. The melt-in-your-mouth topping screams cinnamon and butter and will have your family begging for more.
Provided by Barbara
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange peeled and sliced apples in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Combine water and cinnamon, and pour over apple slices.
- Work together flour, sugar and butter until it becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 27 g, Calories 239 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP
Simple, old-fashioned apple crisp. If you want something simple and homemade on hand, you can double the filling recipe (I use a 5-pound bag of Granny Smith apples) and freeze half of it.
Provided by longjasonoutlookcom
Categories Apple Crisps and Crumbles
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg for filling in a bowl; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon for topping in a large bowl. Sprinkle on top of filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370 calories, Carbohydrate 63.9 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 8.7 mg, Sugar 41 g
GRANDMA'S APPLE CRISP
- preheat oven to 375.
- apples in pie pan.
- mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples. mix a little.
- Cut butter into the sugar and flour until crumbly.
- pour over apples.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 726, Fat 31.2, SaturatedFat 19.5, Cholesterol 81.3, Sodium 234.4, Carbohydrate 112.5, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 83, Protein 3.9
OLD TIME APPLE CRISP- 100 YEAR OLD (MY GREAT GRANDMOTHERS RECIPE
This was one of my Mom's favorties. She got this from my great grandmother. This must be at least 80 or 90 years old! There are never any leftovers when this is served! Add vanilla ice cream and you are in heaven! (I just made this again and added 1/2 cup "crasins". * dried cranberries/sweetened with sugar *. This also tasted good.
Provided by Starfire aka Wendy
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven 375. Grease 8 x 8 baking dish. Arrange apples in a Pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients with fork & sprinkle over apples.
- Bake until apples are tender and topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Serves 6.
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP
- Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. , In a medium bowl, combine flour and remaining sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbs form. Drizzle water over apples; sprinkle with crumb topping. , Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 116mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "grandmas old fashioned apple crisp recipes"
OLD FASHIONED EASY APPLE CRISP - DIVAS CAN COOK
GRANDMA’S QUICK AND EASY APPLE CRISP RECIPE - OLD …
EASY APPLE CRISP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
DELICIOUS APPLE CRISP FROM GRANDMA’S COOK BOOK
THE BEST OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE - UMAMI GIRL
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP | BEST APPLE CRISP RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
GRANDMA MARY’S APPLE CRISP WITH SWEET BISCUIT TOPPING
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
4.8/5 (33)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertsCalories 316 per serving
- Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together. Sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Spread evenly over the apple mixture.
GRANDMA’S BEST OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP (WITH GF/DF OPTIONS)
Ratings 4Category Dessert, SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray or butter a 9-inch round baking dish or 8x8 square baking dish. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining 1 cup brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and cold butter.
- Spread streusel topping over the apple filling in the prepared baking dish. Press gently to even it out.
APPLE CRISP RECIPE (EASY TO MAKE FALL DESSERT) - A FARMGIRL'S …
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE | A MIND "FULL" MOM
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - MSN
THE BEST APPLE CRISP RECIPE WITHOUT OATS - VERONICAJUNE …
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GRANDMA'S APPLE CRISP WITH EQUAL - GRANDMA RAISED IN THE SOUTH
GRANDMA'S APPLE CRISP | APPLE CRISP DESSERT, FAVORITE DESSERTS, …
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - VERONIKA'S KITCHEN
GRANDMA'S APPLE CRISP RECIPE OATMEAL : TOP PICKED FROM OUR …
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE - ELLINIKI KOUZINA
GRANDMA'S APPLE CRISP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE - OFF THE MUCK MARKET
GRANDMA'S APPLE CRISP - MYWAYGOURMET
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE: PERFECT FOR THANKSGIVING!
OLD FASHIONED EASY APPLE CRISP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
OLD FASHIONED RECIPE OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - EATS BY THE BEACH
APPLE CRISP WITHOUT OATS (EASY RECIPE!) | FORK IN THE KITCHEN
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE - YOUTUBE
GREAT-GRANDMA PEGGY'S APPLE CRISP - COOKING WITH CARLEE
EASY OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE | LIFE LOVE & SUGAR
9 OF GRANDMA'S BEST APPLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP - CHOPNOTCH
EASY OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE - MOM SPARK
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRISP RECIPE • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
GRANDPA'S APPLE CRISP - COZY COUNTRY LIVING
GRANDMA MARILYN’S APPLE CRISP RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GRANDMA’S APPLE CRISP RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
OLD FASHIONED EASY APPLE CRISP | CHOPPED APPLES, CINNAMON, …
40 VINTAGE FRUIT COBBLER RECIPES TO MAKE ALL-YEAR ROUND
KETO APPLE CRISP (OLD FASHIONED STYLE) - GALLAXY GASTRONOMY
RECIPE - EQUAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make old fashioned apple crisp?Combine water and ground cinnamon, and pour over apples in the baking dish. Work together butter, sugar and flour until crumbly. Sprinkle over the sliced apples. Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown. The full instructions for old fashioned apple crisp recipe can be found below. We are in love with this recipe.
What is Grandma's easy apple crisp recipe?Grandma's Easy Apple Crisp recipe is a traditional, old fashioned apple crisp without oats. The melt-in-your-mouth topping screams cinnamon and butter and will have your family begging for more. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
How do you make apple crisp with butter?Let's make the topping! In a bowl add the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, & white sugar. Mix it up until well combined. Add the 12 Tablespoons of softened butter to the topping mixture. Use a pastry cutter or fork to combine the butter until it crumbly. Pour the 3 Tablespoons of melted butter over the apples. Spoon the topping evenly over the apples.
How do you make streusel for apple crisp?Streusel Topping In a separate bowl, add the remaining 1 cup brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and cold butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles pea-sized crumbs. Putting Them Together Spread streusel topping over the apple filling in the prepared baking dish.