This is an easy recipe for homemade wine. You can choose whatever flavor you like but my favorite is the red. You will need a sterile milk jug, a large latex balloon and a rubber band to complete the project. This Wine is a bit stronger than regular table wine. Its great for cooking as well as drinking.
Provided by MSGYPSYLEE
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Canning and Preserving Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine the yeast, sugar and juice concentrate in a gallon jug. Fill the jug the rest of the way with cold water. Rinse out a large balloon, and fit it over the opening of the jug. Secure the balloon with a rubber band.
- Place jug in a cool dark place. Within a day you will notice the balloon starting to expand. As the sugar turns to alcohol the gasses released will fill up the balloon. When the balloon is deflated back to size the wine is ready to drink. It takes about 6 weeks total.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.6 calories, Carbohydrate 30.8 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 4.1 mg, Sugar 30.7 g
August Lueders and Sons owned and operated a vineyard and winery in Frohna, established in 1868. Although Martha, Concord, Seedling, and Niagara grapes were grown, their famous product was "Martha Wine" and they had a customer list not only in Missouri but in many other states as well. The grapes were processed and the wine aged in 360 gallon wooden barrels called "hogsheads" in the basement under the large general store owned by Mr. Lueders. When sold, the wine was bottled in 5 gallon , jugs or in smaller sized long, narrow, dark glass bottles. When the Volstead Act was passed in 1918 the government permitted Mr. Lueders to sell his remaining supply for Communion purposes only. Here is the original recipe for this famous wine. Recipe from August Laueders from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri.
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 5 gallons of wine
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Mash grapes and let ferment 3 to 5 days.
- Draw off 5 quarts of juice.
- Dissolve sugar in hot water.
- Pour all into a 5 gallon jug container.
- Add water to fill jug to top.
- Cover jug opening with a small sandsack for 3 to 4 months.
- Draw off and rejug and seal jug with a tight-fitting cork or other kind of stopper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3510.8, Carbohydrate 907, Sugar 906.4
WILD GRAPE WINE
This wine is ready to drink and bottle in 11 days. The older it gets the better it's quality. I got this recipe from the University of Minnesota. A note with the recipe said it was from a small family vineyard in France. I made a 5 gallon batch one year and gave it for gifts until I ran out 31/2 years later. One of the recipients was my priest. After Christmas mass the year I ran out, He stopped me to thank me for his gift but told me he missed my gift of wine that year. I told him I ran out. He then told me he had to call the local liquor store to open up so he could buy wine for Christmas Masses as he had been using my wine for communion wine on Christmas for the past 3 years. I felt so honored that my wine was used in such a special way. Number of servings is based on number of 4 ounce servings per gallon of wine. I use beer bottles It seems just enough for 2 for a meal. I use quart bottles for gifts. Be sure to store wine bottles on their side so the corks do not dry out.
Provided by Gramma Pat
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Choose ripe Wild Grapes, Pick them in clusters on the stems, bring them home and wash them in cold water leaving them on the stems.
- Place grapes with stems on, in water just to cover, in an enamel or non metallic kettle.
- Bring just to a boil, simmer till skins on the grapes pop, Mash the grapes in the water, Strain juice into a non-metallic container, through several layers of cheese cloth or a clean dish towel to remove grape pulp, seeds and stems.
- Reserve the juice, Throw away stems and pulp.
- Measure the juice.
- Add equal amounts of sugar and water, (ie: 1 gal juice, 1 gal sugar, 1 gal water) put wine mixture in clean crock.
- spread or sprinkle 1 cake or one pkg dry yeast on dry bread crust and allow it to float on top of the wine mixture, cover crock with a clean dish towel, let ferment for 3 days, strain wine, into non metallic container such as an enamel canner kettle, wash the crock and be sure to rinse it very well, put wine back into the crock, allow to ferment for 4 days, stirring every day and skimming the foam from top, strain the wine again as before, wash the crock again, put wine back in the crock.
- Allow to ferment 4 days, stirring and skimming every day.
- Strain the wine once more, this time it is ready to bottle.
- The older it gets the better.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2.1, Sodium 5.3, Carbohydrate 0.4, Protein 0.1
More about "grape wine recipes"
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN WINE FROM GRAPES AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 10 mins
HOMEMADE GRAPE WINE RECIPE - BIGOVEN.COM
10 CAN'T-MISS COUNTRY WINE RECIPES
HOME MADE GRAPE WINE : 10 STEPS - INSTRUCTABLES
HOW TO MAKE WINE FROM GRAPES AT HOME - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE WINE AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
HOMEMADE GRAPE WINE | MUNTHIRI WINE - OVENTALES
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE WINE USING WELCH'S GRAPE …
HOMEMADE WINE RECIPES – TOP 10 YOU MUST TRY!
WINE RECIPES - HOME BREW ANSWERS
HOMEMADE BLACK GRAPE WINE: 6 BEST RECIPES
OLD-FASHIONED MUSCADINE WINE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
WILD GRAPE WINE RECIPE - HOMEBREWING
101 HOMEMADE WINE RECIPES | MAKE AT HOME WINE RECIPES TO TRY
YOUR FIRST WINE FROM FRESH GRAPES - WINEMAKERMAG.COM
GREEN GRAPE WINE: 4 EASY HOMEMADE RECIPES
EASY GRAPE WINE PREPARATION PROCESS | WINE RECIPES
GRAPE WINE | ANGLO-INDIAN | FESTIVE | RECIPE - BAWARCHI
HOW TO MAKE GREAT HOMEMADE WINE FROM GRAPES
HOW TO MAKE WINE AT HOME? 3 PROVEN GRAPE WINE RECIPES
10 BEST DRIED GRAPE WINE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CONCORD GRAPE WINE RECIPE
WINE RECIPES - HOMEBREWING
CONCORD GRAPE WINE RECIPE - WINE MAKERS CORNER
HOW TO MAKE WINE OUT OF GRAPE JUICE (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
HOMEMADE GRAPE WINE RECIPES 5 GALLON RECIPES ALL YOU …
HOW TO MAKE... WHITE GRAPE WINE RECIPE – BREWBITZ
ONE-GALLON FRUIT WINE RECIPES - HOMEBREWIT.COM
CONCORD GRAPE WINE RECIPE – MIDWEST SUPPLIES
A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO 24 POPULAR WINE GRAPES – USUAL
HOW TO MAKE WINE FROM GRAPE JUICE - WINEPROCLUB.COM
GRAPE WINE – GOOD OLD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE WINE FROM GRAPE JUICE - DELISHABLY
HOMEMADE WINE FROM GRAPE CONCENTRATE - THERESCIPES.INFO
5 GALLON GRAPE WINE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EAST INDIAN RECIPE FOR GRAPE WINE - WINES AND BOURBON GLASSES
28 GORGEOUS GRAPE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
CONCORD GRAPE WINE RECIPES - HOMEBREWIT.COM
HOW TO MAKE WINE OUT OF WELCH'S GRAPE JUICE - WINEPROCLUB.COM
20 EASY GRAPE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
HOW TO MAKE WINE FROM FROZEN GRAPE JUICE CONCENTRATE
HOW TO MAKE... RED GRAPE WINE RECIPE – BREWBITZ
HOW TO MAKE GRAPE WINE WITHOUT YEAST? (EASY STEP BY STEP GUIDE)
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE GRAPE WINE RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #beverages #fruit #american #easy #dinner-party #low-fat #cocktails #dietary #gifts #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #midwestern #free-of-something #low-in-something #berries #grapes #number-of-servings
You'll also love