STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine sausage, 1 cup shredded cheese, ricotta cheese, onions and tomatoes in large bowl.
- Brush tops of mushroom caps with oil; place, top-sides down, in shallow baking pan.
- Top with sausage mixture. Drizzle with vinegar, if desired. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 30.1 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 286.7 mg, Sugar 3 g
LOBSTER STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- Preheat oven for 300 degrees F.
- Using a tablespoon, clean out the gills of portobello mushrooms, leaving only the caps. Chop up the stems and place aside to be later added to the stuffing.
- Heat a medium saucepan, when hot add saffron, and toast quickly for only a few seconds. Immediately add the wine, and stir gently with a wooden spoon. Let wine and saffron mixture cook for about 2 to 5 minutes or until it begins to steam.
- Add lobster meat and let simmer about 5 minutes; the meat will acquire an orange tint from the saffron. Stir in bread crumbs, mushroom stems, Parmesan and pecorino Romano, until thick. Add heavy cream and mix well. Spoon stuffing into the mushroom caps and cover with a slice of mozzarella.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
FETA-STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
My husband adores mushrooms, and portobello mushrooms have loads of room for stuffing with feta cheese and pesto. Plan on one mushroom per person. -Amy Martell, Canton, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms; with a spoon, scrape and remove gills. In a small bowl, combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt. In a small bowl, combine cheese and pesto., Place mushrooms on a piece of greased heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Grill mushrooms, stem side up, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Spoon cheese mixture over mushrooms; grill, covered, 2-3 minutes or until filling is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Fat 22g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 783mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
SHRIMP STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
Delicious, and often requested, Stuffed Mushroom recipe. I usually serve as a side dish with grilled sirloin steaks.
Provided by thepitclub
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and dice stems, set aside.
- Carefully scrape away the dark gills from the bottoms of the mushroom caps and discard.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, onion, chopped stems and bell pepper to skillet, sauteing until shrimp is pink and other ingredients are softened, being careful not to overcook the shrimp (shrimp will get rubbery if overcooked).
- Remove mixture from heat and place in a large mixing bowl (do not drain liquid).
- Add cream cheese to mixture and stir well.
- Then add all other ingredients, except mushroom caps and one half cup shredded cheddar cheese, and mix well.
- Spray an 8x11 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully stuff the mushroom caps with stuffing mixture and place into baking dish.
- Evenly spread remaining half cup of cheddar cheese over stuffed caps.
- Place dish into preheated oven, and bake for apx. 45 minutes to one hour.
STUFFED BABY PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
Party with portabellas! You'll love them because they can be made ahead; party goers will find them delicious.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350°F. Carefully remove stems from mushrooms. Chop enough stems to measure 1/2 cup.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and broccoli in butter 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushroom stems. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp-tender. Cool slightly. Stir in bread crumbs, cheese, basil, oregano, garlic salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly into mushroom caps, mounding slightly. Place stuffed mushrooms in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan. Garnish each with bell pepper pieces.
- Bake uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until filling is light golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Stuffed Mushroom, Sodium 65 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS WITH SWISS CHARD
Portabella (a.k.a. portobello) mushrooms are just grown-up cremini mushrooms. Huge portabellas are great for grilling, and the smaller ones are perfect for stuffing. You'll be amazed by how much filling you can pack into a medium-size portabella. Serve these as a starter or a side dish.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, appetizer, side dish
Yield 12 stuffed mushrooms
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. When the water comes to a boil, salt generously and add the chard. Blanch two minutes until tender, and transfer to the ice water. Drain and squeeze out excess water. Chop fine, and set aside.
- Set aside 1/2 garlic clove, and mince the rest. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet, and add the pine nuts or almonds. Cook, stirring, until the nuts begin to color, and add the minced garlic. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute. Add the chard and salt and pepper to taste. Stir together for a minute or two, and remove from the heat. Taste and adjust seasonings. Transfer to a bowl, add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and stir together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a baking sheet or baking dish that will accommodate all the mushrooms. Gently twist the stems off the mushrooms, if they are still there, and set aside for another purpose. Heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat in the skillet, and add the half clove of garlic that you set aside. Cook the garlic in the olive oil until it turns golden, then remove it from the oil and discard. Add the mushrooms to the oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook, shaking them in the pan, just until they begin to soften, no longer than three minutes. Using tongs, remove from the oil and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet or in a baking dish, rounded side down.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the chard mixture, packing it in tight. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over the top. If any oil remains in the pan, drizzle it over the mushrooms. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the mushrooms are moist and tender.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 60, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 151 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
CHEESY, STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGERS
Mushrooms are wonderful and, these days, they are getting called upon to play so many different parts. One of the most popular things is to use mushrooms as a substitute for meat. It works well because they have such wonderful texture and heartiness. The portobello is the top dog of the cultivated mushroom world because it's large and can be a meal unto itself. They are cultivated mushrooms (as opposed to wild, foraged kinds) and are earthy and meaty. Regarding mushrooms in general: Wash them just before cooking (if they are dirty) so they are clean but don't sit around, waterlogged, in your fridge. Many people scrape the brown "ribs" out of the insides of the portobello and peel the outer skin. Why? I say leave everything on the mushroom (except dirt). Make sure you cook mushrooms long enough-they take longer than you think to reach full flavor.
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 2 burgers
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Roast the mushrooms: Arrange the mushrooms, stem side up, onions and garlic cloves in a single layer on 1 prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the olive oil. Drizzle 1/2 cup water around the mushrooms on the baking sheet. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast in the center of the oven until the mushrooms shrink in size and become darker brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Bread the mushrooms: In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with a splash of water. In another medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the granulated garlic. Dip each mushroom in the egg mixture and then coat completely with the breadcrumbs. Reserve everything.
- Fry the mushrooms: In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat until it begins to smoke. Add the mushrooms in a single layer. Cook on one side until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the second side until golden brown, another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the oil and arrange in a single layer on a clean baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine the roasted garlic cloves and onion slices with the cheese. Add any remaining egg and 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs leftover from the breading. Add the basil and mix well.
- Assemble and bake: On the same baking sheet, place 2 portobellos, stem-side up, with some distance between them. Pile half of the filling on each and then top with the remaining mushrooms, pressing gently but firmly down, so it forms a fairly compact sandwich. Bake until the cheese melts, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Arrange the lettuce to form 2 cups. Drizzle some pickle juice and red wine vinegar into the cups. Season with salt and pepper and then top with some sliced pickles.
- Place each mushroom burger onto a bottom bun. Flip a lettuce cup onto each burger and top with the top bun. Serve.
STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and lightly brown bread crumbs, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté onion, stirring, until tender. Add garlic and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Add chopped mushroom stems and salt and pepper to taste and sauté, stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, sage, and 1/4 cup wine and cook, stirring, until almost all of liquid is evaporated. Set aside half of bread crumbs and stir mushroom mixture into remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil over moderately low heat until hot but not smoking and cook mushroom caps, gill sides down, covered, 5 minutes. Turn mushroom caps over and add remaining 1/4 cup wine and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, covered, until just tender but still juicy and mound filling in caps. Heat mushrooms until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining bread crumbs.
STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
- Remove mushroom stems and chop.
- In a medium skillet, sauté mushroom stems, bell peppers, green onions, garlic and basil in butter until tender.
- Cool and add cheese; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake mushrooms, smooth side down, in a buttered dish for 15 minutes at 425º.
- Spoon filling into mushrooms and bake for 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174.3, Fat 13, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 33.4, Sodium 330.4, Carbohydrate 8.5, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 2.3, Protein 7.3
STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Cut off and discard mushroom stems. Put mushrooms, gill sides down, on a baking sheet and brush tops with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Broil mushrooms 2 to 3 inches from heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Turn mushrooms over and season with salt and pepper. Broil mushrooms 3 minutes more. Mound bread-crumb mixture onto mushroom centers and drizzle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Broil stuffed mushrooms until stuffing is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
RICOTTA-STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
These mushrooms are rich and creamy and bright at the same time because of the fresh herbs and tomato. I especially like to serve them with grilled asparagus. -Tre Balchowsky, Sausalito, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley and pepper. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms; with a spoon, scrape and remove gills. Fill caps with ricotta mixture. Top with tomato slices., Grill, covered, over medium heat until mushrooms are tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove from grill with a metal spatula., Meanwhile, place basil, almonds and garlic in a small food processor; pulse until chopped. Add remaining Parmesan cheese; pulse just until blended. While processing, gradually add oil and enough water to reach desired consistency. Spoon over stuffed mushrooms before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 238mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "stuffed portabella mushrooms recipes"
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - JO COOKS
4.5/5 (183)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Side DishCalories 221 per serving
- Prep the mushrooms: Carefully remove stems from mushrooms, reserve and chop the stems for the stuffing. Place the mushrooms stem side down onto a baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the water leaks out of them. Remove from the oven and using paper towels soak up excess water. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for a couple minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the green pepper and spinach to the skillet and cook for a couple more minutes, until the spinach wilts. Add tomatoes, goat cheese, salt, pepper, mushrooms stems, hot sauce and breadcrumbs. Stir and cook for an additional couple minutes.
- Stuff the mushrooms: Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture equally. Top with mozzarella cheese. If using smaller mushrooms you should have enough mixture for about 8 mushrooms.
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
5/5 (9)Total Time 55 mins
TOP 11 STUFFED MUSHROOM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST VEGAN STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPES
THE BEST EVER STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - THE …
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS | HEALTHY RECIPES | DR.
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS | RICARDO
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS | KITCHN
VEGGIE LASAGNA STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS | DINNER IDEAS
SAUSAGE STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - DELICIOUS …
CAPRESE STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - CAFE DELITES
WHITE ALBACORE TUNA STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE WITH GARLIC HERB …
CAPRESE STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE
10 BEST STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGETABLE STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS - TASTE LOVE AND NOURISH
AIR FRYER STUFFED MUSHROOMS
WILD RICE STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS - THERESCIPES.INFO
KETO STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE - BLONDELISH.COM
WILD RICE STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - THERESCIPES.INFO
3 VEGAN STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM RECIPES TO STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT
GRILLED STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
EASY STUFFED PORTOBELLA MUSHROOMS RECIPE - KITCHEN DIVAS
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS WITH BEEF AND CHEESE
CHEESY BLACK BEAN & CORN-STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS (VEGETARIAN) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS (BEST EVER!) – A COUPLE COOKS
PARMESAN QUINOA-STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS WITH CRISPY GOAT CHEESE
CRAB-STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS RECIPE
SPINACH STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS - SAVORY EXPERIMENTS
STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS | THE MAD SCIENTISTS KITCHEN
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #appetizers #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-carb #mushrooms #low-in-something
You'll also love