- Stir together yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Add lemon zest, dill, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth. Pour into a serving dish, cover tightly, and refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 21.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 1.4 mg, Fat 1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 190.6 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
These are the best honey rolls Posted for ZWT II. Taken from a cookbook my late DM purchased at a local Greek Festival, written by members of the Local Greek Orthodox Church.
Provided by Chabear01
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat eggs until very light. Beat in the 2 cups flour and salt. Work in the 1/2 cup of flour and a little more if needed. Dough should be soft and does not stick to your fingers. Turn dough onto a board and spread lightly with butter, working in butter with hands a little at a time. Knead dough until it is smooth and soft.
- Cut dough into 4 parts. Roll one part on a floured board until paper thin, keeping remaining dough covered to avoid drying, until ready to use. A ravioli machine may be used instead of rolling. Cut into 2 x 6 inch strips.
- Drop into hot oil, 365 degrees, and using two forks turn dough over immediately and roll quickly before it becomes to crisp. Fry until very lightly browned. Drain on absorbent paper. Dilute honey with a little hot water and dribble over Thiples. Sprinkle with sinnamon and finely chopped nuts.
- Thiples are best eaten with fingers as they break if pierced with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.5, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 42, Sodium 62.3, Carbohydrate 6.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.1, Protein 2
More about "greek thiples recipes"
GREEK DIPLES RECIPE (CHRISTMAS GREEK PASTRY WITH HONEY)
4.9/5 (519)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 153 per serving
- Place the egg whites into the bowl of the electric mixer, along with a pinch of salt. Make sure your egg whites, bowl and whisk attachments are clean and free of any water. Whisk the egg whites until the mixture is very thick and glossy and a long trailing peak forms when the whisk is lifted (meringues).
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, whilst mixing; wait for each one to be absorbed, before adding another. In a cup add the orange and lemon juice and baking soda and blend, until dissolved and pour in the egg mixture. Add the white wine vinegar and the sugar and mix.
- Pour the mixture in a large bowl or basin and sift in the flour; add the oil and knead the dough using your hands, until smooth and elastic, and not sticky (if it is sticky, add some more flour).
DIPLES (GREEK PASTRY) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (45)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 102 per serving
OUR BEST TRADITIONAL GREEK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST GREEK BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GREEK BISCUITS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRIED HONEY ROLLS (THIPLES) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
DIPLES (Δίπλες) - MIA KOUPPA: TAKING THE GUESSWORK …
20 TRADITIONAL GREEK APPETIZERS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
THIPLES RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER RECIPE | GOURMET …
EASY EASTER GREEK COOKIES: KOULOURAKIA RECIPE - SHE …
CLASSIC GREEK DISHES AND RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASIEST HOMEMADE KOURABIEDES RECIPE (CHRISTMAS …
DIPLES (THIPLES) - TRADITIONAL GREEK RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine Greek, Mediterranean, VegetarianTotal Time 2 hrs
- Wrap the end of the strip of dough around a fork (one turn), dip it into the hot oil and quickly wrap the dough around the fork. Complete the process very quickly as the dough is very thin and it could burn.
DIPLES (THIPLES) (HONEY ROLLS) GREEK DESSERT RECIPE
GREEK THIPLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, GREEK RECIPES, …
DIPLES (TRADITIONAL GREEK PASTRY WITH HONEY) - KOPIASTE..TO GREEK ...
GREEK EASTER: RECIPES FOR THIPLES AND LEMON-YOGHURT CAKE
GREEK RECIPES – DIET RECIPES BLOG
THIPLES | CHEESE BALL RECIPES, GREEK RECIPES, GREEK SWEETS
TRADITIONAL GREEK THIPLES OR DIPLES, EASY TO FOLLOW RECIPE
RECIPES % % - % THE GREEK CHEF
DIPLES: GREEK HONEY TURNOVER FRIED PASTRIES - DIMITRAS DISHES
DIPLES (THIPLES) (HONEY ROLLS) GREEK DESSERT RECIPE - YOUTUBE
THIPLES | GREEK RECIPES, CHEESE BALL RECIPES, GREEK SWEETS
BEST GREEK RECIPES | THE MEDITERANEAN DISH
17 RECIPES FOR TRADITIONAL GREEK FOOD EVERYONE SHOULD TRY
DIPLES OR THIPLES - THE GREEK CHEF
GREEK ORZO SALAD RECIPE - THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE 42 MOST POPULAR AND AUTHENTIC GREEK RECIPES | 196 FLAVORS
GREEK DIPLES RECIPE (CHRISTMAS GREEK PASTRY WITH HONEY)
45 GREEK-STYLE DINNERS - TASTE OF HOME
KOURABIEDES RECIPE - GREEK BUTTER COOKIES - COOK LIKE A GREEK
FRIED PASTRY WITH HONEY SYRUP AND WALNUTS - REAL GREEK RECIPES
GREEK THIPLES - CHAMPSDIET.COM
GREEK THIPLES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
Δίπλες - Άκης Πετρετζίκης
GREEK THIPLES (HONEY ROLLS) RECIPE - DIET RECIPES BLOG
THIPLES RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER RECIPE | RECIPE | GREEK DESSERTS ...
DIPLES~ A SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE THESE GREEK DELIGHTS
THIPLES RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
WORLD BEST EUROPEAN COOKING RECIPES : GREEK THIPLES
DIPLES (Δίπλες) | RECIPE | GREEK RECIPES DESSERT, GREEK DESSERTS, …
HOMEMADE GREEK SEASONING RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #desserts #greek #european #taste-mood #sweet #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make diples/Thiples for Christmas?Christmas on a platter, drizzled with syrup and walnuts! Diples / Thiples are Christmas Greek pastries with honey and are named by the Greek word for “fold” Place the egg whites into the bowl of the electric mixer, along with a pinch of salt. Make sure your egg whites, bowl and whisk attachments are clean and free of any water.
What is a Thiples?Thiples are a traditional festive treat in Greece. Photo: Sweet Greek Kathy Tsaples is the owner of the award-winning Sweet Greek at Prahran Market in Melbourne. At Sweet Greek everything is made fresh every day and reflects the Greek heritage of this modern, Australian-born woman.
What to eat in Peloponnese?Diples are traditional Greek pastries from the Peloponnese, consisting of strips of egg-based dough that are fried and dipped in a syrup of sugar and honey. The diples are then sprinkled with finely crushed nuts and cinnamon.
What are diples and how are they made?In case you are not familiar with them, Diples (THEE-ples) get their name from the Greek word for “fold.” They are thin sheets of dough that are folded while being fried into a crispy package that is drizzled with honey and dusted with cinnamon and ground walnuts.