BEETS ON THE GRILL
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Coat one side of a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place beets and butter on foil; season with salt and pepper. Wrap foil over beets.
- Place packet on the grill grate. Cook 30 minutes, or until beets are very tender. Allow beets to cool about 5 minutes before serving. You don't even need to peel to enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 273.7 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
GRILLED BEETS IN ROSEMARY VINEGAR
- In a medium bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, and herbes de Provence. Place beets in the mixture, and marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Place the beets and marinade mixture on a piece of foil large enough to wrap all ingredients, and seal tightly. Place the foil packet on the prepared grill, and cook 25 minutes, or until beets are tender.
- Remove beets from the packet, and place directly on the grill grate for 2 to 5 minutes before serving hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27.2 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 0.7 g, Sodium 35.5 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
GRILLED FRESH BEETS
Every summer I go to the farmers markets and get fresh vegetables. Lately the farmers in our area are planting many different types of beets. This recipe is simple and the tender young beets are great.
Provided by School Chef
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Trim stems from beets.
- Wash well.
- Peel beets and cut into quarters.
- Rub beets well with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on low heat grill.
- Cook til tender and lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold.
GRILLED BEETS WITH MOROCCAN DRESSING
- Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill.
- Brush the beats with olive oil and place over medium-low coals. Cook raw beats slowly over heat until they are easily pierced, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the barbecue, peel, then cut into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, blend the dressing ingredients. Combine garlic, onion, tomato, cilantro, cumin, curry powder, vinegar and olive oil. Toss with the beets. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Canned beets can be substituted. Either skip first two steps, or place beets on the grill for only about 5 minutes to pick up some of the smoky goodness. Sliced beets should probably not be put on the grill unless you line it with some aluminum foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.1, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 42.3, Carbohydrate 9.6, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 6, Protein 1.6
GRILLED BEETS WITH GOAT'S CHEESE AND WALNUTS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat a grill.
- Cover beets by 3 inches with cold water in a large saucepot. Bring the water to boil and simmer until paring knife slides out of beet when pricked. Strain and let cool. While running under water, rub beets with towel to remove skin. Slice beets into 1/2-inch rounds. Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and add vegetable oil. Toss sliced beets and hold.
- To prepare the walnuts, melt butter in a 10-inch skillet and add walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes and season well with salt and pepper. Reserve left over butter.
- For the vinaigrette add all the ingredients and the walnut butter. Whisk well.
- To finish, grill beets on both sides for 2 minutes and toss in vinaigrette. Place 4 to 6 slices of beets on each plate and drizzle with vinaigrette. Add 5 dollops of goat's cheese (1 to 2 ounces) per serving, sprinkled with walnuts and chives.
GRILLED BEETS WITH BURRATA AND POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, poppy seeds, mustard, and orange zest in a medium bowl. Whisk in vegetable oil, then 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Peel and thinly slice 1 beet; set aside.
- Prepare a grill for medium heat. Toss remaining beets with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Grill beets, covered, turning occasionally, until tender, 30-35 minutes. Transfer beets to a plate and let cool.
- Meanwhile, toss scallions with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred, about 2 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, rub skins from beets and cut into bite-size pieces. Toss beets and reserved dressing in a medium bowl. Place cheese on plates or a platter and top with scallions, dressed beets, and reserved beet slices.
- DO AHEAD: Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Beets can be grilled and peeled 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.
More about "grilled fresh beets recipes"
GRILLED BEETS – A COUPLE COOKS
4.5/5 (12)Total Time 55 minsCategory Side DishCalories 89 per serving
- Wash and peel the beets with a vegetable peeler, then dice them (take care: the beet juice can stain!).
- In a bowl, toss the beets with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and plenty of fresh ground pepper.
- Place the beets on a large sheet of aluminum foil and fold up the sides. Place a second piece of foil on top and seal the seams. Poke several holes in the packet with fork (to allow stem to escape).
GRILLED BEETS WITH FETA RECIPE | SARAH'S CUCINA BELLA
Reviews 12Servings 2Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Set a large (think about a foot and a half long) sheet of aluminum foil on the counter. In the center, layer the beets with the rosemary (on the stalk) in the center). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Close the aluminum foil into a sealed packet.
- Remove the beets from the packet (carefully! it will be hot!) and place in a bowl. Discard the rosemary sprig. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
GRILLED BEETS - EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 42 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 148 per serving
- Slice tops off beets and bottom root, taking care not to remove too much of the actual vegetable.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1/3rd cup Balsamic Vinegar, sliced garlic cloves, and 1 tsp herb seasoning to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BEETS | TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
GRILLED BEETS - DADCOOKSDINNER
Reviews 16Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BEETS & CARROTS WITH FRESH HERBS ...
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
GRILLED GOLDEN BEETS RECIPE - ABOUT A MOM
GRILLED BEETS - RED AND GOLDEN - ROASTING ON THE GRILL ...
Ratings 52Calories 80 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Heat grill to medium and place the beets directly on the grate. Close the grill and cook for 8 minutes, then flip the slices to cook the other side for another 8 minutes.
GRILLED BEETS WITH FRESH GOAT CHEESE DRESSING | MARTHA STEWART
GOLD MEDAL WINE CLUB RECIPES | GRILLED BEETS WITH BLUE CHEESE
Servings 4Total Time 35 mins
BALSAMIC BARBECUED BEETS (VEGAN GRILL RECIPE)
4.3/5 (24)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 53 per serving
THIS GRILLED BEET SALAD RECIPE IS THE PERFECT WAY TO USE ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GRILL BEETS RECIPE (WITH VARIATIONS)
4.3/5 (48)Total Time 30 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 35 per serving
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | FRESH BEETS ...
HOW TO GRILL FRESH BEETS - PUBLICAFFAIRSWORLD.COM
GRILLED BEETS WITH WHIPPED RICOTTA & HERBS AIR GRILL ...
ROASTED PICKED BEETS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPES
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | FRESH BEETS, BEET ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #vegetables #easy
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beets on the grill?How to Grill Beets 1 Prepare the grill. Charcoal grills infuse the smokiest flavor into your grilled beets, but you could also use a gas grill. 2 Create foil packets. Prepare your beets by scrubbing the skins under cold running water. ... 3 Grill until tender. ... 4 Grill your beet slices. ...
Can you cook beets with balsamic vinegar?Balsamic Barbecued Beets. Grilled beets have a lovely flavor profile which is naturally sweet, with a touch of caramel as the beets get charred on the grill. Add the balsamic vinegar and some fresh herbs, as in this recipe, and you've got a dish bursting with a myriad of flavors fresh off your outdoor or indoor grill.
How do you cook beets in aluminum foil?Coat one side of a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place beets and butter on foil; season with salt and pepper. Wrap foil over beets.
Can you freeze grilled beets?You can also freeze grilled beets for up to 3 months if you wrap them well in foil and then store them in zip-close freezer bags. Grilled beets are good as they are, and you can use them much as you would use roasted beets. A sprinkle of chopped fresh herbs adds color and freshness—mint is particularly lovely.