GRILLED FRESH BEETS
Every summer I go to the farmers markets and get fresh vegetables. Lately the farmers in our area are planting many different types of beets. This recipe is simple and the tender young beets are great.
Provided by School Chef
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Trim stems from beets.
- Wash well.
- Peel beets and cut into quarters.
- Rub beets well with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on low heat grill.
- Cook til tender and lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold.
BEETS ON THE GRILL
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Coat one side of a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place beets and butter on foil; season with salt and pepper. Wrap foil over beets.
- Place packet on the grill grate. Cook 30 minutes, or until beets are very tender. Allow beets to cool about 5 minutes before serving. You don't even need to peel to enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 273.7 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
GRILLED BEETS WITH FETA
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Spread beets onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil over beets and season with salt. Fold foil over beets, sealing the edges together to create a packet.
- Cook on the preheated grill, turning once, until beets are tender, about 30 minutes. Carefully open packet and top beets with feta cheese and chives. Close packet again and grill until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Cholesterol 25.2 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 636.5 mg, Sugar 15 g
GRILLED BEETS WITH GOAT'S CHEESE AND WALNUTS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat a grill.
- Cover beets by 3 inches with cold water in a large saucepot. Bring the water to boil and simmer until paring knife slides out of beet when pricked. Strain and let cool. While running under water, rub beets with towel to remove skin. Slice beets into 1/2-inch rounds. Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and add vegetable oil. Toss sliced beets and hold.
- To prepare the walnuts, melt butter in a 10-inch skillet and add walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes and season well with salt and pepper. Reserve left over butter.
- For the vinaigrette add all the ingredients and the walnut butter. Whisk well.
- To finish, grill beets on both sides for 2 minutes and toss in vinaigrette. Place 4 to 6 slices of beets on each plate and drizzle with vinaigrette. Add 5 dollops of goat's cheese (1 to 2 ounces) per serving, sprinkled with walnuts and chives.
BEETS BAKED IN FOIL
- Heat oven to 400. Wash beets well. Wrap individually in foil and put them on cookie sheet or roasting pan. (If you're planning to use them all at once, right away, just put in roasting pan or heavy skillet, and cover.)
- Cook, undisturbed, for at least 45 minutes (it could take much longer for big ones), until a thin-bladed knife pierces one with little resistance. They may cook at different rates; remove each when it is done. Store, refrigerated, for a couple of days before using; their jackets will slip off easily.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 35, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 64 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
GRILLED BEETS WITH FRESH GOAT CHEESE DRESSING
Tender, with a hint of crusty char, chef Bill Taibe's grilled beets make a tasty addition to any summer gathering. Also try:Grilled Radicchio with Lemon and Pine Nuts, Grilled Potato and Pickled Green Garlic Salad
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories BBQ & Grilling Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Make the beets: Place beets in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place each beet on an individual piece of parchment paper-lined aluminum foil; add a sprig of thyme to each and wrap to enclose.
- Preheat a grill: If using a charcoal grill, make a fire in your grill. When the charcoals are completely covered in gray ash, hold your hand about 5 inches above the grill grid; count how many seconds you can comfortably leave it there. When you can hold it there for 2 to 3 seconds, you have medium-high heat and are ready to grill. If you are using a gas grill, heat the grill for 15 minutes with the lid closed. Before beginning to cook, reduce the temperature by turning the knobs to medium-high.
- Place beets on grill and cook until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Make the dressing: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together goat cheese, goat's milk, fennel pollen, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Unwrap beets and cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Brush slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook, turning, until grill marks appear. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add dressing, garnish with sea salt, and sprinkle with chive blossoms, if using. Serve immediately.
More about "grilled fresh beets recipes"
GRILLED BEETS – A COUPLE COOKS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 minsCategory Side DishCalories 89 per serving
- Wash and peel the beets with a vegetable peeler, then dice them (take care: the beet juice can stain!).
- In a bowl, toss the beets with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and plenty of fresh ground pepper.
- Place the beets on a large sheet of aluminum foil and fold up the sides. Place a second piece of foil on top and seal the seams. Poke several holes in the packet with fork (to allow stem to escape).
25 BEST BEET RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH BEETS - FOOD COM
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BEETS | TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
GRILLED BEETS - DADCOOKSDINNER
GRILLED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR & ROSEMARY | SALTY …
22 BEET RECIPES THAT YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT (SALADS, SOUPS …
15 FRESH BEET RECIPES - LOVE AND LEMONS
PERFECT GRILLED BEETS - HEY GRILL, HEY
10 BEST FRESH BEETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILL BEETS RECIPE (WITH VARIATIONS) - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (48)Total Time 30 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 35 per serving
BEST BEETROOT RECIPE COLLECTION USING GRILLED, ROASTED, BOILED, …
EASY GRILL ROASTED BEETS AND GARLIC - LETTY'S KITCHEN
EASY GRILLED BEETS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BEETS
GRILLED BEETS AND SAUTéED CHARD WITH MAPLE VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED VEGETABLES - COOKING CLASSY
MARINATED ROASTED BEETS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
FRESH BEET RECIPES GRILLED | DEPORECIPE.CO
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | FRESH BEETS, BEET ...
GRILLED BEETS | BUSH COOKING
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED BEETS & CARROTS WITH FRESH HERBS - BEST …
FORGET ROASTING: TRY GRILLING YOUR BEETS! | KITCHN
A GUIDE TO GRILLING BEETS — JUST BEET IT
GRILLED BEETS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BALSAMIC BARBECUED BEETS (VEGAN GRILL RECIPE)
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED BEETS WITH WILTED GREENS | CAL-ORGANIC FARMS
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
ROASTED PICKED BEETS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED BEETS - RED AND GOLDEN - ROASTING ON THE GRILL - SULA AND …
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES | TRAEGER GRILLS
BEST GRILLED SUMMER BEET SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED BEETS - GIRLS CAN GRILL
GRILLED GOLDEN BEETS RECIPE - ABOUT A MOM
GRILLED BEETS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRILLED FRESH BEETS FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
GRILLED FRESH BEETS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEET GRILLED CHEESE - LOVE BEETS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #vegetables #easy
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook fresh beets on the grill?In a wide flat dish, whisk together all the ingredients except the beets and until well combined. Place the beets in the dish, coating well with the vinegar and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour. Wrap beets in foil, drizzling with extra marinade and folding the foil to seal well. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes, or until beets are soft.
How long to cook beets in oven?Drizzle beets with 2 tablespoons of the oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap beets individually with aluminum foil; place on a baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven until tender when pierced with a fork, 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes.
How do you cook beets in aluminum foil?Coat one side of a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place beets and butter on foil; season with salt and pepper. Wrap foil over beets.
Can you cook beets with balsamic vinegar?Balsamic Barbecued Beets. Grilled beets have a lovely flavor profile which is naturally sweet, with a touch of caramel as the beets get charred on the grill. Add the balsamic vinegar and some fresh herbs, as in this recipe, and you've got a dish bursting with a myriad of flavors fresh off your outdoor or indoor grill.