GRILLED HALIBUT SIMPLY DELICIOUS
This is a Greek version of grilled halibut. Yes I know halibut is not Greek but it's the flavors and simplicity of cooking that is Greek. Flavored with olive oil, lemon, garlic and Greek oregano. You can use halibut steak which can handle the grill better.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag. Mix the marinade and add halibut and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat grill.
- Remove halibut from bag and place on hot very WELL OILED grill.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place fish and don`t move for 4 minutes or it will fall apart.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.9, Fat 16.3, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 102.2, Sodium 141.7, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 0.3, Protein 38.7
LEMON ROSEMARY MARINATED GRILLED HALIBUT
- Whisk together the wine, lemon juice, olive oil and rosemary in a small shallow baking dish. Add the halibut and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once. Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, onion powder, parsley, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; spread evenly over the halibut steaks.
- Cook on preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 498.3 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 153.9 mg, Fat 37.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 36.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.9 g, Sodium 485.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
GRILLED LEMON GARLIC HALIBUT STEAKS
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, the salt, pepper and garlic. Add fish; turn several times to coat with marinade. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with parsley and lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 43 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
"This recipe called for salmon, but I substituted another fish with delicious results," says Lisa Rowley of North East, Maryland. "It saves me time in the kitchen because all I have to do is mix up the seasoned butter, then turn it over to my husband, who does the grilling.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 30 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak., Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, butter side down, covered, over medium heat or broil, buttered side up, 4 in. from the heat for 5-1/2 minutes. , Spread 1 tablespoon herbed butter over each halibut steak; turn and spread with remaining butter. Grill or broil 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 756 calories, Fat 43g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 223mg cholesterol, Sodium 1248mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 85g protein.
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
Halibut is probably my favorite fish and the steaks hold up to grilling well and are a fast meal anytime. This recipe is a combination of lots of recipe browsing and mostly what makes my family happy- that is the real goal now, isn't it? Prep time includes marinade time.
Provided by Dawnab
Yield 2 Steaks, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well in a shallow dish (I use an 8x8 glass dish). Add Halibut, coat and marinate 30 minutes on each side.
- Heat grill to high. Salt and pepper steak just before placing on grill. Cook 4 minutes per side. Flip it once only.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497, Fat 24.9, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 168, Sodium 234, Carbohydrate 1.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.6, Protein 63.7
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and grated lemon peel in small bowl to blend. Stir in 2 tablespoons fresh basil and capers. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Season halibut steaks with salt and pepper. Brush fish with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette, dividing equally. Grill or broil halibut steaks until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Rewhisk remaining vinaigrette; pour over fish. Garnish fish with remaining 1 tablespoon basil and serve.
EASY GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS
No one would guess you use convenient ingredients like brown sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice in this simple recipe. I always get compliments.- Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside., Grill halibut on greased rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, basting frequently with butter mixture, 4-5 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "grilled halibut recipes"
GRILLED HALIBUT - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
4.7/5 (61)Total Time 15 minsCategory Main DishCalories 193 per serving
- Portion your halibut by cutting it with a sharp knife into 3 or 4 pieces. A serving size of fish is 3 to 6 oz so portion it depending on the particular size of your filet. Brush both sides of each with the liquid mixture.
- Heat pan until it is sizzling hot (a drop of water sizzles and immediately evaporates when it hits the pan. Sear the halibut for 90 seconds on each side. Reduce the heat to medium and cook each side for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the fish can be easily flaked with a fork.
GRILLED HALIBUT - HEY GRILL, HEY
5/5 (7)Calories 108 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Place the halibut fillet in a shallow baking dish. Combine all of the ingredients for the butter in a small bowl and pour over your halibut fillets.
- Gently toss the fillet to ensure all sides are evenly coated in the butter. Season all sides with freshly cracked pepper and salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Pinch the paper towel between tongs and wipe it on the grates of your grill to prevent the halibut from sticking while it grills.
17 BEST HALIBUT RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL …
10 QUICK & DELICIOUS HALIBUT RECIPES - VAN ISLE MARINA
THE BEST GRILLED HALIBUT FROM MJ'S KITCHEN
LIME HERB GRILLED HALIBUT - ALL OUR WAY
PERFECT GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE FOR CAMPING » CAMPFIRE FOODIE
BBQ & GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
20-MINUTE GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
THE BEST GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE » HOMEMADE HEATHER
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE | TASTEOFBBQ.COM
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE (WITH LEMON-BASIL PESTO SAUCE) | KITCHN
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE WITH LEMON-BASIL VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
10 BEST GRILLED HALIBUT FILLETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
31 HALIBUT RECIPES FOR FLAKY WHITE FISH PERFECTION
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
BEST GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GRILLED HALIBUT
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
GRILLED HALIBUT: STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE
BOBBY FLAY'S GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE WITH A TWIST - MASHED
THE BEST GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPES - CULLY'S KITCHEN
8 GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPES THAT PRACTICALLY MAKE THEMSELVES
HOW TO GRILL HALIBUT WITH SKIN - GRILLPROCLUB.COM
GRILLED HALIBUT FILLETS - BBQ & GRILLING WITH DERRICK RICHES
10 EASY HALIBUT RECIPES! - THRIFTYFOODS.COM
HOW TO GRILL HALIBUT: 12 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
12 EASY HALIBUT RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH TOMATO AND CAPER SAUCE RECIPE
HALIBUT RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPETIT
SIMPLE GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HALIBUT FILLETS WITH LEMON & BUTTER SAUCE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPE BOBBY FLAY - KITCHEN TRICKS
TRAEGER HALIBUT WITH PARMESAN - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
HOW TO GRILL WILD HALIBUT | WILD ALASKAN COMPANY
GRILLED HALIBUT - RECIPES - FAXO
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH HONEY AND LEMON - SEAFOOD CRATE
CHARGRILLED GINGER GLAZED HALIBUT - SOUTHERN FATTY
TIPS FOR GRILLING HALIBUT - THE SPRUCE EATS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #easy #low-fat #fish #dietary #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #high-protein #low-carb #free-of-something #high-in-something #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Halibut on the grill?Season. Gently toss the fillet to ensure all sides are evenly coated in the butter. Season all sides with freshly cracked pepper and salt. Oil the grill. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Pinch the paper towel between tongs and wipe it on the grates of your grill to prevent the halibut from sticking while it grills. Grill the halibut.
How to cook halibut filet mignon?Portion your halibut by cutting it with a sharp knife into 3 or 4 pieces. A serving size of fish is 3 to 6 oz so portion it depending on the particular size of your filet. Brush both sides of each with the liquid mixture. Heat pan until it is sizzling hot (a drop of water sizzles and immediately evaporates when it hits the pan.
What is the best marinade to cook halibut?Strongly acidic marinades can break down the meat causing it to fall apart when cooking and making it difficult to grill. Dry rubs and bastes work very well with halibut, but because of the fish's mild taste, you don't need much flavor enhancement.
What to do with halibut?Allrecipes has more than 10 trusted grilled halibut recipes complete with ratings, reviews and grilling tips. This is a great way to prepare halibut, cod, sea bass, or salmon. Serve it with couscous or rice. A simple recipe for barbecued halibut. Soy sauce and brown sugar add a special zip that is uncommonly delicious. Yummy! I love fish tacos!