LEMON-BASIL GRILLED SHRIMP & COUSCOUS
The basil and lemon in this dish complement each other so nicely. Using fresh ingredients really makes a big difference. -Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook couscous according to package directions; remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; stir in 1/4 cup basil. Stir 1/4 cup dressing into cooked couscous; reserve remaining dressing., Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill shrimp, covered, on an oiled rack over medium-high heat until pink, 2-3 minutes on each side., Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with reserved dressing. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with lemon zest and remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 184mg cholesterol, Sodium 497mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH BASIL AND LEMON
- Place shrimp, basil, lemon juice, and olive oil in a large bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper; let marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH OIL AND BASIL SAUCE
- Combine garlic, shallots, mustard, wine, lemon juice, olive oil and basil in a bowl. Stir to blend. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let stand until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to high, or preheat a broiler to high.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and pour marinade into a small saucepan. Arrange shrimp 6 to a skewer, pushing the skewer through the tail section, then the head section, so shrimp will lie flat on grill or under broiler (see note). Arrange them barely touching and without crowding.
- Place skewers on grill or on rack under broiler, about 6 inches from source of heat, and cook about 3 minutes or until shrimp can be lifted from grill or rack without sticking. Turn skewers and cook about 2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, bring marinade to a boil and simmer about 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and arrange them symmetrically on 4 plates. Spoon the sauce over the shrimp and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 416, UnsaturatedFat 34 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 295 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
GARLIC LEMON SHRIMP RECIPE BY TASTY
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Spread the shrimp around in the pan in a single layer, sprinkling the salt and pepper on top, then cook until the butter is starting to turn a dark brown. Flip the shrimp, add the garlic and chili flakes, and cook for about 15-30 seconds.
- Add the parsley and lemon juice, reducing the lemon juice down to a sauce, then remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 46 grams, Sugar 0 grams
EMERIL'S LEMON-HERB GRILLED SHRIMP
This shrimp recipe from Emeril Legasse is super simple and comes together easily-the lemon juice and herbs really put it over the top. Serve with corn on the cob, grilled vegetables, or a rice pilaf.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Using a pair of kitchen shears or a paring knife, cut through shell along the back of each shrimp. Devein shrimp, leaving shells on.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Reserve 6 tablespoons lemon mixture for serving. Place shrimp and remaining lemon mixture in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat shrimp. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat grill or grill pan to high. Clean and oil grill. Remove shrimp from marinade, wiping off excess. Grill until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve shrimp drizzled with reserved lemon mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291 g, Fat 14 g, Protein 35 g
CHEF JOHN'S GRILLED GARLIC AND HERB SHRIMP
This grilled garlic and herb shrimp recipe is very easy, IF you can just walk out into the backyard, and pick a handful of your own fresh, green sprigs. However, these are so amazingly delicious, if you don't have a garden, then do splurge and buy a bunch of all the herbs. And get the extra large shrimp so they can grill longer and get maximum caramelization.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place salt, lemon zest, and 3 cloves garlic in bowl of a mortar and pestle. Pound with the pestle until mixture begins to form a paste, about 2 minutes. Add chopped basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme and pound with pestle until mixture begin to come together, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into herb mixture. Grind together until mixture begins to form a sauce for marinating, about 1 minute. Pour in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir mixture with a spoon until mixture is thoroughly combined, adding additional olive oil as needed. Mixture should be fairly thick but pourable.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and mix in about 2/3 of the sauce, reserving 1/3 for serving. Stir until shrimp are evenly coated with the sauce, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers (pierce each twice, once through large part of shrimp, once through small part). Place skewers on hot grill. Cook on each side until shrimp are bright pink and opaque and exterior is beginning to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to serving platter.
- Pour remaining sauce into mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Spoon sauce over shrimp. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 230.4 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 25.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 772.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
LEMON BASIL SHRIMP
This is good done on the barbeque and can also be cooked using the grill. If you like basil you will like these prawns Serve with some nice crusty bread. Makes enough marinade for more then 12 prawns. Marinating time not included.
Provided by PetsRus
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place all the ingredients, except the prawns, in a shallow dish and mix well, taste or you want to add more mustard.
- Add the prawns and toss to coat, cover, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and thread on skewers.
- Cook over medium coals for 2-3 minutes on each side, basting with any remaining marinade from time to time.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.1, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 8.3, Cholesterol 62.4, Sodium 155.5, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.4, Protein 4.8
SPICY LEMON SHRIMP WITH BASIL MAYONNAISE
- Set oven control to broil. In medium glass or plastic bowl, mix lemon peel, lemon juice, red pepper, salt, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add shrimp; toss to coat. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, spread shrimp.
- Broil shrimp with tops 2 to 3 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- In food processor, place basil and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cover and process until chopped. Add mayonnaise; cover and process until smooth. Serve shrimp with mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Carbohydrate 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
GRILLED LEMON-DILL SHRIMP
This grilled shrimp is one of my go-to recipes when I stare at the freezer and draw a blank. Add veggies if desired, but grill them separately. -Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients until blended. Reserve 3 tablespoons marinade for basting. Add shrimp to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 15 minutes., Drain shrimp, discarding any remaining marinade. Thread shrimp onto 4 or 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade during the last minute of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 578mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
This was given to me by my friend, Elaine. It is one of the most delicious shrimp recipes for the BBQ I have ever had, and it is so easy. My son would eat the whole recipe if I didn't watch him.
Provided by Gail Laulette
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter. Stir in lemon juice, mustard, basil, and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange skewers on preheated grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 243.9 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 426.4 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
LEMON, GARLIC AND BASIL SHRIMP SKEWERS
Use this recipe as a template for other shrimp skewers. If you don't have honey mustard, stir a little honey into Dijon. Limes would also work well instead of lemons. And if you're finding your home-grown chives or parsley getting out of hand, substitute them for the basil. These need to marinate for 45 minutes before cooking. Recipe developed for Food and Drink by Heather Trim.
Provided by Leslie
Yield 4 skewers
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice with oil, mustard, garlic and lemon peel.
- Add shrimp and stir to coat.
- Marinate, covered and refrigerated, for about 45 minutes.
- Grease grill and preheat barbecue to high.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and sprinkle both sides lightly with salt.
- Place on grill and barbecue until shrimp are pink, about 1½ to 2 minutes a side.
- Remove, place on a platter and sprinkle with basil.
More about "grilled shrimp with basil and lemon recipes"
LEMON BASIL GRILLED SHRIMP - BITZ & GIGGLES
Reviews 6Calories 1098 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a bowl, combine the basil, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and mix well. Allow shrimp to marinate at least an hour or preferably overnight.
LEMON BASIL GRILLED SHRIMP - CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
4.7/5 (3)Category Main EntreeCuisine ItalianTotal Time 4 hrs 22 mins
- Combine the lemon, garlic, basil, and oil in a small bowl and whisk until it emulsifies; then add it to the shrimp. Seal the bag and coat all of the shrimp with the marinade; then refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to 24 hours.
- When you're ready to grill the shrimp you can either use a grill basket or alternate the shrimp with your favorite vegetables on a skewer. Discard the marinade. (If you're using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to threading so that they don't burn when you grill them.)
- Preheat your grill to 350-450°F; then grill the shrimp for 5-7 minutes, turning halfway through. (The outside of the shrimp should turn light pink and the inside will be white.)
RECIPE: GRILLED PEEL 'N' EAT SHRIMP WITH OLD BAY, BASIL AND …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED GARLIC BASIL SHRIMP - MY BAKING ADDICTION
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH LEMON AIOLI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON BASIL GRILLED SHRIMP WITH PESTO PASTA - JENNY STEFFENS HOBICK
GARLIC SHRIMP WITH LEMON BASIL PASTA - THE DOMESTIC DIETITIAN
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP – GRILLED, BAKED, OR PAN FRIED!
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH BASIL | TASTYCOOKERY
CRISPY GRILLED SHRIMP (PRAWNS) WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER
GRILLED GARLIC PARMESAN SHRIMP RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND LEMON - ALL OUR WAY
LEMON BUTTER GRILLED SHRIMP - HEALTHY & EASY APPETIZER RECIPE
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH LEMON-BASIL PESTO RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
OUR 20+ BEST GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
EASY GRILLED LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP - CREME DE LA CRUMB
LEMON GARLIC HERB GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
GRILLED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH VEGETABLES - THE RECIPE …
LEMON SHRIMP PASTA SALAD RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEMON BASIL GRILLED SHRIMP AND COUSCOUS - HOME & PLATE
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | GRILLED HERB SHRIMP | RECIPES
SPICY GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC & LEMON RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
GRILLED SHRIMP AND LEMON GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
RECIPE - LEMON RISOTTO WITH GRILLED TIGER SHRIMP
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH OREGANO AND LEMON RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
LEMON BASIL GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS - JENNY STEFFENS HOBICK
GRILLED LEMON-BAY SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES - YUMMLY
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP - OH SWEET BASIL
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH LEMON PARSLEY BUTTER - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
GRILLED GARLIC BASIL SHRIMP | GRILLING RECIPES
LEMON & HERB GRILLED SHRIMP WITH ROASTED GARLIC AIOLI
ZOODLES & GRILLED SHRIMP WITH LEMON BASIL DRESSING - LEAN AND …
GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH GARLIC AND LEMON RECIPE
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH LIME, ORANGE, AND BASIL OIL RECIPE
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH LEMON-GARLIC BUTTER - SIMPLY SO GOOD
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH BASIL LEMON PISTOU -SUNSET MAGAZINE
You'll also love