GRILLED SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME
Napa makes an excellent cabbage for grilling. Its elongated shape provides greater surface area to char - and thus smoke - over a hot fire than a round cabbage. Its leaves are less tightly packed than conventional cabbage, allowing for deep penetration of the smoke flavor. Also known as Chinese cabbage, napa cabbage is native to China and pairs well with Asian seasonings, such as sesame oil, rice vinegar and ginger. To notch up the heat, add a spoonful of Asian chile paste.
Provided by Steven Raichlen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Light your grill, building a hot fire and set it up for direct grilling. Brush or scrape the grill grate clean and grease it with a tightly folded paper towel dipped in canola oil.
- Meanwhile, cut the cabbage lengthwise into quarters through the core. Cut the pear in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Lightly brush the cabbage, pear and scallions all over with 2 to 3 tablespoons sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the cabbage until darkly charred on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Char just the outside; the inside should remain cool, firm and crisp. Transfer to a sheet pan to cool.
- Grill the cut sides of the pear until grill-marked, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill the scallions, bell pepper and jalapeños until grill-marked, turning halfway through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the sheet pan. Let the vegetables cool to room temperature.
- Make the dressing: In a large bowl, mash together the sugar, ginger and garlic with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the rice vinegar and whisk until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons sesame oil, plus the sesame seeds and chile paste, if using.
- Cut away and discard the core of each cabbage quarter, then thinly slice the charred cooled napa cabbage crosswise, and add it to the dressing. Julienne the pear, bell pepper and jalapeño and add them to the slaw, discarding the bell pepper and jalapeño seeds. Thinly slice the scallions crosswise, discarding the root ends, and add them as well.
- Taste the slaw for seasoning, adding more vinegar, sugar and salt to taste. Refrigerate until serving and serve within a couple hours of mixing.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon each white miso, honey, toasted sesame oil and vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a large bowl. Add 4 cups shredded red cabbage, 1 grated carrot, 1/2 grated small peeled celery root and 1 sliced scallion. Toss; season with salt and pepper.
GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH SESAME GINGER VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Brush shrimp with 2 to 3 tablespoons Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette. Grill over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until pink, turning once.
- Divide salad on 2 large plates. Arrange shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions on each. Drizzle with Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette, to taste. Refrigerated leftovers.
- Combine 1/3 cup rice vinegar, 1/4 cup toasted sesame seed, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger, and 2 teaspoons minced garlic in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Slowly add 2/3 cup canola oil and 1/3 cup sesame oil in thin stream, until blended. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
SOY GINGER SALMON WITH NAPA SESAME SLAW
- Mix 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, tamari, lime peel and juice, hot pepper sauce and ginger. Add salmon and marinate (turning occasionally) for 30 minutes.
- In bowl whisk vinegar, honey, sesame oil and remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add cabbage and toss to coat. Add chives and sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon on medium high heat for 4 minutes per side for fully cooked salmon or 3 minutes per side for medium rare salmon.
- Serve salmon on top of the slaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657.6, Fat 32.2, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 165.4, Sodium 1069.5, Carbohydrate 24.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 19, Protein 67.8
GINGER CHICKEN BURGERS WITH SESAME SLAW
This chicken burger gets an Asian-flavor twist with ginger and garlic. It's topped off with a fabulous coleslaw. If you like, serve the coleslaw as a side for grilled items, like chicken breasts, fish fillets or chops.-Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Crumble chicken into a small bowl. Sprinkle with ginger, garlic and salt; mix well. Shape into two patties. , Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. , In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, salad dressing, mayonnaise and sesame seeds. Serve burgers on buns with coleslaw.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398 calories, Fat 21g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 985mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
GRILLED SIRLOIN SALAD WITH SESAME-GINGER DRESSING
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Blend soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger together in a blender or food processor until dressing is smooth.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of steak and season with salt.
- Place steak, scallions, and red bell pepper on the preheated grill and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook until vegetables are charred and steak is cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes more. Let steak rest on a work surface for 5 minutes before thinly slicing along the grain. Cut scallions into 1-inch pieces and bell pepper lengthwise into strips.
- Toss curly endive and radicchio with the dressing in a bowl; transfer to a platter and top with steak and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 36.7 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 389.1 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
More about "grilled slaw with ginger and sesame recipes"
RECIPE: SESAME GINGER SLAW | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GINGER SESAME SLAW - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
5/5 (5)Total Time 10 minsCategory SaladCalories 63 per serving
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SESAME SLAW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LOVE COLESLAW? FROM GRILLED SLAW WITH SESAME AND GINGER ...
RECIPE: ASIAN-STYLE SLAW WITH LIME AND GINGER ...
GRILLED ASIAN SHRIMP SLIDERS | SHRIMP | JENNY SHEA RAWN
CABBAGE, CARROT AND APPLE SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME DRESSING
SOY-GINGER GRILLED SALMON AND NAPA SESAME SLAW - RECIPES LIST
VEGAN SLAW WITH SESAME GINGER DRESSING (GF) - THE PESKY VEGAN
PORK CRACK SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME - VICTORIA HANEVEER
GRILLED SESAME GINGER CABBAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME RECIPE - NYT …
GRILLED SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME RECIPE | RECIPE | NYT ...
SESAME GRILLED SALMON WITH WASABI SLAW | MCCORMICK GOURMET
ASIAN SLAW WITH GRILLED CHICKEN - TASTE AND SEE
GRILLED SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME RECIPE - NYT COOKING ...
CLASSIC GRILLED SALMON BURGERS WITH SESAME GINGER SLAW ...
SESAME GRILLED BEEF WITH NAPA CABBAGE AND CILANTRO SLAW
WINTER SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME DRESSING BY CIRCUS ...
SOY-GINGER GRILLED SALMON AND NAPA SESAME SLAW | RACHAEL ...
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH SOY GINGER SAUCE - COOKIN' CANUCK
RAINBOW SLAW WITH TAMARI GINGER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
ASIAN SLAW WITH PEANUT SESAME GINGER DRESSING – MY ROI LIST
GRILLED SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME | KRIS ULLAND
GRILLED SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME RECIPE | RECIPE | NYT ...
GRILLED SLAW WITH GINGER AND SESAME - MASTERCOOK
GRILLED ASIAN SHRIMP SLIDERS WITH SESAME GINGER SLAW
CLASSIC GRILLED SALMON BURGERS WITH SESAME GINGER SLAW RECIPE
GRILLED TURMERIC GINGER SHRIMP AND MANGO AVOCADO SLAW WITH ...
FISH TACOS WITH SESAME GINGER SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make sesame ginger slaw?If you want a potluck dish that's a total crowd-pleaser, there is no better choice than this sesame ginger slaw. Make the dressing: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Make the slaw: Add the 2 cabbages, carrots, scallions, basil, and sesame seeds to the bowl of dressing and toss to combine.
How do you make cabbage slaw at home?Make the slaw: Add the 2 cabbages, carrots, scallions, basil, and sesame seeds to the bowl of dressing and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
How to make sausage slaw at home?Make the slaw: Add the 2 cabbages, carrots, scallions, basil, and sesame seeds to the bowl of dressing and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight to allow the flavors to meld. Garinsh with the more basil and sesame seeds.
How do you make ginger and lime juice salad?In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh lime juice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Pour the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the ginger slices.