THE BEST EVER GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
Spreading a mixture of mayo and butter on the bread creates a delightfully crispy crust with the well-loved, wonderful flavor of butter one expects on a grilled cheese sandwich.-Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on 1 side of bread slices. Toast bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Manchego cheese, onion powder and remaining 3 tablespoons butter. In another bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. , To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced Brie. Sprinkle cheddar cheese mixture evenly over Brie. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inward. Spread mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 659 calories, Fat 49g fat (27g saturated fat), Cholesterol 122mg cholesterol, Sodium 1017mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add 1 slice of cheese. Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter and slice of cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 75.6 mg, Fat 28.3 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 639.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
THE PERFECT GRILLED CHEESE
The classic and simple grilled cheese sandwich can be reimagined multiple ways just by changing up the bread and cheese.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Oven method (great for a crowd of six or fewer): Put a rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Make one sandwich per person: Sandwich 2 slices of cheese between 2 slices of bread. Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of fat. Place on the preheated baking sheet and cook until the cheese starts to melt, about 5 minutes. Flip the sandwich and bake until golden brown, an additional 5 minutes.
- Panini press method (for crispy crunchy sandwich that needs minimal attention): Sandwich 2 slices of cheese between 2 slices of bread. Preheat a panini press to medium heat. Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of fat and place in the press. Close the top and cook until lightly browned and the cheese is melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Skillet method (fool-proof and low-tech): Sandwich 2 slices of cheese between 2 slices of bread. Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of fat and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich, and continue cooking until browned and the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Great combos:
- 1. Pepper jack and sourdough, brushed with chili oil
- 2. American and white bread, brushed with butter
- 3. Swiss and rye, brushed with mayo
- 4. Cheddar and brioche, brushed with butter
GRILLED CHEDDAR CHEESE SANDWICH
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Mix the butter, mayo and smoked paprika in a small bowl until well combined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly butter one side of each of the bread slices with the mayo mixture. Add the cream cheese to the remaining mayo mixture and mix well to combine. Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on the other side of each of the bread slices.
- Distribute the Cheddar on the cream cheese-side of 4 of the bread slices. Place the remaining 4 bread slices on top. Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and place a heavy-bottomed skillet on top of the sandwiches and cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
THE ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- Blend all ingredients except bread and butter in a medium bowl.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Put sandwiches together using about 1/2 cup of filling each.
- Place buttered side of bread on the outside of sandwich.
- Toast on griddle or in skillet until a deep golden brown. Make sure you cook this slowly over low to med-low heat, so that the inside has a chance to melt before the outside gets too done. Kick up the heat when it gets going.
- *Depending on the size of your bread, this makes 6-10 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685.1, Fat 49.5, SaturatedFat 26.7, Cholesterol 130.4, Sodium 1094.7, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 4.9, Protein 23.5
AIR-FRYER GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
Using the air fryer is a genius way to make these golden, toasty sandwiches. I think this method gets the cheese the gooiest. If I'm making only one air-fryer grilled cheese, I'll also pop in a few fries with the sandwich. -Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread over 2 bread slices. Layer with cheeses, onion, tomato and bacon; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter., Place sandwiches in a single layer in air fryer. Cook until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639 calories, Fat 47g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 110mg cholesterol, Sodium 1266mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
CLASSIC GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- With a butter knife, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Divide cheese evenly on both slices. Top with remaining slices, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat until warm. Add sandwiches and cover; cook, turning once with a spatula, until the bread is golden-brown and the cheese has just melted, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Slice and serve immediately.
ITALIAN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
I came up with this recipe for my niece. I combined grilled cheese sandwiches with garlic bread. Its tasty, its quick and its the perfect appetizer for friends, family and unexpected guests. Use a firm white bread for best results.
Provided by NYCDAVE
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Place 6 slices of bread onto a baking sheet. Spread a small handful of the mozzarella cheese over each slice. Top with the remaining 6 slices of bread. Mix together the butter and garlic powder, brush some over the tops of the sandwiches, or spread with the back of a tablespoon. Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Place baking sheet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove pan from oven, flip sandwiches, and brush the other sides with butter, and sprinkle with oregano. Return to the broiler, and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately with vodka sauce on the side for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 18.3 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 1031.9 mg, Sugar 12.5 g
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
The trick to great grilled cheese sandwiches isn't in the ingredients, but on the stove. Achieving a golden, crusty outside and oozy inside takes a little patience: if the heat is too high, the outside will scorch before the cheese melts. Cooking the slices separately at first gives the cheese a good head start. There's no need to search out artisanal loaves or local cheese (though they won't hurt), but definitely do not use homemade mayonnaise. Mustard, chutney or even strawberry jam (believe it) can be dabbed on the cheese as it melts, or add ham, prosciutto or slices of apple or tomato (drain on paper towels first). You can use any melting cheese, such as American, Muenster or Swiss, but not too much: part of the perfection here is in the proportion of bread to cheese.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories easy, lunch, quick, sandwiches, main course
Yield 1 sandwich
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat a heavy pan over medium-low heat.
- Thinly spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Spread the other side of each slice with mayonnaise and place the bread, mayonnaise-side-down, in the pan. Divide the cheese evenly on top of the buttered slices. Adjust the heat so the bread sizzles gently.
- When the cheese is about halfway melted, use a spatula to flip one slice over on top of the other, and press lightly to melt. Keep turning the sandwich, pressing gently, until the sandwich is compact, both sides are crusty, and the cheese is melted.
AWESOME GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
My husband and I were sick of frying grilled cheeses on the stove because you have so many pieces of bread to use, and you have to stand there for a long time if you feed up to six people like we do. So we came up with this idea.
Provided by Michelle
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Butter one side of 9 slices of bread, and place butter-side down on a baking sheet. Arrange cheese on each slice of bread. Spread butter on 9 remaining slices of bread, and place them buttered-side up on top of the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Flip the sandwiches, and bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 43.3 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 10.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 552.9 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH ON THE GRILL
If you have a hankering for a next-level grilled cheese, make it over the fire. Cooking it low and slow with the grill lid on means that the bread not only crisps, but also acquires a deep smoky flavor. (Stale bread works especially well here.) If you want to add chopped grilled vegetables, pickled peppers or anything else to your sandwich, mix it cold or at room temperature with the cheese before piling it onto the bread.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories sandwiches, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium heat. (Medium is 325 degrees to 375 degrees. You should be able to hold your hand 4 to 5 inches above the grates for 6 to 7 seconds.)
- Thinly spread mayonnaise on one side of each piece of bread. When you're ready to grill, take the bread, cheese, salt and a spatula to the grill. Clean the grates with a grill brush. (No need to grease the grates.) Place the slices mayonnaise side down on the grill. Evenly sprinkle half the slices with about 3/4 cup cheese. Cover the grill and cook until the bread is golden and the cheese is nearly all melted, 4 to 6 minutes. Check on the bread often, moving slices around the grill as needed to avoid burning.
- Use the spatula or your hands to top the cheese halves with the other toasted slices. Transfer to plates, press down slightly and sprinkle with salt.
More about "grilled cheese sandwich recipes"
28 BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
- Steak 'N Shake's Frisco Melt Copycat Sandwich. If you've ever thought about making Steak 'n Shake's Frisco Melt, then this recipe is for you. Our quick and easy version tastes just like the original and is totally doable at home.
- Avocado and Medium Boiled Egg Grilled Cheese. Since breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day—why not make one dish that has everything you need to get your day started?
- Donut Grilled Cheese. We have to admit that we never planned this donut grilled cheese recipe out. We basically woke up, realized it was National Donut Day via Instagram, sprinted to Dunkin' Donuts to claim our free donut, went back to our place of work, and made this recipe all spur-of-the-moment like.
- Grilled Cheese With Mayo. This sandwich doesn't use a bit of butter, instead, mayonnaise takes its place in this grilled cheese with mayo recipe. It produces a crisp grilled cheese that’s unlikely to become excessively oily or burned because mayo has a higher smoke point than butter.
- Zucchini Grilled Cheese. This zucchini grilled cheese sandwich is a gluten-free or keto-lover's dream come true because it's made without bread. A baked zucchini paste takes its place and then gets topped with mozzarella cheese and broiled for a thoroughly satisfying cheesy delight.
- Pork Roll, Egg and Bagel Grilled Cheese. This bagel grilled cheese features everything that is beautiful in the world: farm fresh eggs, artisanal cheese, trendy NYC bagels, locally made hot sauce, and responsibly made breakfast meat.
- Caprese Grilled Cheese. Caprese is a very popular Italian dish made with fresh sliced tomato, creamy mozzarella, basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Fried Chicken and Waffle Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This fried chicken and waffle grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect salty and sweet combination. When we think of popular modern soul food breakfasts, chicken and waffles are probably one of the first menu items to comes to mind.
- Brie, Fig Jam, and Poundcake Grilled Cheese. We have to admit that when we dreamt up a poundcake grilled cheese with fig jam and rosemary butter, we thought that was pure genius.
- Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwich. If you've ever had garlic bread with mozzarella cheese then you know how delicious this sandwich can be. Slices of bread are spread with a delicious garlic-parsley butter, toasted until golden, and then sandwiched around shredded cheese and cooked until melted.
BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl HansonEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
SHEET PAN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES RECIPE | KARDEA BROWN
Author Kardea BrownSteps 6Difficulty Easy
30 AMAZING GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES - CLOSET COOKING
BEST AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE - COPYKAT RECIPES
AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE - JUST A TASTE
10 BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH MOZZARELLA RECIPES - YUMMLY
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES | MYRECIPES
ITALIAN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
WOMAN'S RECIPE FOR THE 'BEST GRILLED CHEESE EVER' IS QUICKLY GOING ...
THE ART OF THE PERFECT GRILLED CHEESE (PLUS 20 VARIATIONS TO SHAKE ...
HOW TO MAKE A GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - FOOD.COM
MOM’S GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - PRESSURE COOK RECIPES
50 GRILLED CHEESES : RECIPES AND COOKING - FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED CHEESE ROLL-UPS RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHEESE ROLL …
27 BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES - GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - SIMPLY RECIPES
10+ BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES
BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
RECIPES: RAISE YOUR GRILLED-CHEESE GAME BY MAKING THESE …
GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
FAVORITE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
20 GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES | CRAFTY BLOG STALKER
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHEESE
SHEET-PAN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
THE BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - SPEND WITH PENNIES
DELICIOUS GRILLED SANDWICH RECIPES, EASY TO GOURMET
10 BEST GRILLED CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ANTHONY BOURDAIN'S MORTADELLA SANDWICH - GRILLED CHEESE SOCIAL
CLASSIC GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
10 BEST GOAT CHEESE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
21 MIND-BLOWING GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES - OH MY VEGGIES
50 INSANE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE GRILLED …
GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #breakfast #eggs-dairy #scandinavian #easy #european #cheese #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love