If you make one thing this rhubarb season, it needs to be these cookies. They are crunchy and salty on the outside and tender and chewy on the inside. They also have surprises like sweet white chocolate chips and crunchy chopped walnuts hidden in every bite. But the star of the show is the tangy, soft and beautifully pink rhubarb that is strewn throughout.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 20 to 22 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sift the flour, kosher salt, baking powder and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer (or using a stand mixer fitter with the paddle attachment) on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and yolk, then beat in the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts, then fold in the rhubarb. Cover the bowl with a clean dish towel and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with reusable nonstick mats (or parchment).
- Use a 1-ounce ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart (you should have about 10 cookies, roughly 1 1/2 ounces each, per baking sheet). Sprinkle the sea salt on top of the dough balls.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Store the cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
PERFECT RHUBARB PIE
Nothing hides the tangy rhubarb in this lovely pie, which has just the right balance of sweet and tart. Serving this dessert is a nice way to celebrate the end of winter! - Ellen Benninger, Greenville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place rhubarb in a colander; pour boiling water over rhubarb and allow to drain. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour and tapioca. Add drained rhubarb; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cold water; stir into rhubarb mixture., Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Bake 15 minutes., Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-50 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 432 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 225mg sodium, Carbohydrate 69g carbohydrate (40g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
Use bright-pink stemmed rhubarb to achieve the gorgeous blush colour in this rhubarb fizz cocktail, made with a blend of sparkling wine and gin
Provided by Miriam Nice
Number Of Ingredients 8
- First, make the cordial. Tip the sugar and 75ml water into a saucepan set over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then add the lemon zest and juice, rhubarb and ginger. Cook until the rhubarb starts to break down and collapse, about 5-10 mins. Pour into a heatproof jug through a fine mesh sieve and set aside to cool. (You will make enough cordial for two drinks.)
- Pour the gin into an ice-filled coupe glass, then stir in 50ml of the cordial. Top up with sparkling wine. Twist the strip of rhubarb around a finger to curl, if using, then drop into the drink to garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186 calories, Carbohydrate 21 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 0.4 grams fiber, Protein 0.3 grams protein, Sodium 0.01 milligram of sodium
Don't let baking with rhubarb intimidate you-it's easier than you think, and we'll walk you through every step. Plus, the results of our Rhubarb Pie recipe are mind-blowingly delicious. With a flaky crust and sweet and tart flavor of the rhubarb filling, our recipe for Rhubarb Pie will soon become a summer go-to. Our Rhubarb Pie recipe comes together in four simple steps with one incredible result. Once your Rhubarb Pie has cooled, grab your spoons and enjoy.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour and orange peel. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon into pastry-lined plate. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Cover with second crust; seal and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Cover crust edge with pie crust shield ring or strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, removing foil during last 15 minutes. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470, Carbohydrate 86 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 51 g, TransFat 0 g
- Place the pie dough on a floured piece of parchment paper. Using your knuckles, press edges of dough to help prevent cracking. Roll out dough to a 14-inch round.
- Use the parchment to lift and wrap dough around rolling pin; carefully unroll over a 9-inch pie plate. Gently fit dough into bottom and sides of plate, being careful not to stretch or tear. Using kitchen shears, trim dough to a 1-inch overhang; fold under, and press gently to seal. Crimp edges if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. with rack in lowest level. In a large bowl, toss rhubarb with sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with Crumble Topping. Place pie on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Place pie in oven; reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake until topping is browned and crust is lightly browned, about 1 1/2 hours. (If topping or crust begins to brown too quickly, tent with foil.) Cool completely before serving.
More about "rhubarb pizza recipes"
RHUBARB PIZZA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
RHUBARB PIZZA ♥ FUN SUMMER RECIPE - A VEGGIE VENTURE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
RHUBARB PIZZA RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs
RHUBARB PIZZA | FOOD RECIPES WITH PICTURES - GREAT CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ASPARAGUS & PICKLED RHUBARB PIZZA - THURSDAY NIGHT PIZZA
RHUBARB PIZZA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
30 BEST RHUBARB DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
RHUBARB AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE - MINT …
30 RHUBARB RECIPES - ALL THE THINGS YOU CAN MAKE WITH RHUBARB
RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC RHUBARB PIE
SAVORY RHUBARB AND CHIPOTLE GOAT CHEESE PIZZA…EAT.LIVE.BE.!
7 RHUBARB RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND BORING PIE - RURAL SPROUT
RHUBARB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RHUBARB PIZZA - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
RHUBARB PIZZA, AND MORE DELICIOUS WAYS TO EAT THIS SPRING …
RHUBARB PIZZA - PLAIN.RECIPES
OH! I HAVE A RECIPE FOR: RHUBARB COMPOTE (SKIP THE STRAWBERRIES)
RHUBARB PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
FIVE RHUBARB RECIPES FOR THE LONGER, WARMER DAYS AHEAD
RHUBARB PIZZA - BIGOVEN.COM
SAVORY RHUBARB AND CHIPOTLE GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
50 BEST RHUBARB RECIPES (2022) - PARADE.COM
RHUBARB PIE RECIPE | KITCHN
BEST RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RHUBARB PIE - DELISH
RHUBARB PIE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
RHUBARB PIZZA RECIPE - GRIT | RHUBARB DESSERTS RECIPES, RHUBARB ...
OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB CUSTARD PIE LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE
FREMONT’S MOON PIZZA SHARES THE RECIPE FOR ITS SAVORY, RHUBARB …
RHUBARB PIZZA RECIPE - GRIT
RHUBARB PIE RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
31 BEST RHUBARB RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS
RHUBARB PIZZA, AND MORE DELICIOUS WAYS TO EAT THIS SPRING TREAT
OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB PIE - CHOCOLATE WITH GRACE
ALL OUR RHUBARB RECIPES | RICARDO
RHUBARB PIZZA RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
RUMBLE IN THE KITCHEN: I'M BACK! AND...RHUBARB PIZZA!
EASY STRAIGHT-UP RHUBARB PIE RECIPE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
RHUBARB PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RHUBARB PIE (OR STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE) A RECIPE WITH PERFECT …
21 DELICIOUS RHUBARB RECIPES TO MAKE NOW • HEARTBEET KITCHEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #desserts #fruit #kid-friendly #spring #summer #dietary #seasonal
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I do with too much rhubarb?Get ready for sweetly tart rhubarb pie, pudding, jams, cheesecakes, and cobblers. This is a recipe I came up with while trying to figure out what to do with an over-abundance of rhubarb. I'm not fond of sugary, syrupy rhubarb sauces but I love rhubarb and I love salsa, so I figured why not put them together!
What goes well with rhubarb?The beautiful pairing of strawberries and rhubarb, combined with a smooth custard, creates a mouth-watering and irresistible pie. A lot of rhubarb recipes add a large amount of sugar. This keeps the sweetener to a minimum so you can enjoy the tang of the rhubarb! Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
What is rhubarb and raspberries pie?A yummy blend of rhubarb and raspberries surrounded by a brown sugar and oats crust. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or pour on some half and half.
What is rhubarb refresher?Rhubarb summer refresher. A yummy blend of rhubarb and raspberries surrounded by a brown sugar and oats crust. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or pour on some half and half. A rhubarb lover's delight!