GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD
- Whisk oil, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, toss together salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber slices, and walnuts in a bowl; place in the refrigerator. Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl for the dressing; set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Cook the shrimp on the preheated grill until bright pink on the outside and meat is opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Put shrimp on top of the salad greens mixture. Pour dressing over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 823.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 63.4 mg, Fat 79.2 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 1593.4 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
- Preheat griddle or grill pan over high heat.
- Butterfly shrimp by slicing almost through lengthwise, but leave shell on shrimp, this will keep the shrimp tender while grilling over such high heat.
- Brush shrimps with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill 2 minutes on each side, until shells are hot pink and shrimp is opaque.
- Place lemons on grill the last minute. The heat will release the juice from the lemons. To serve, squeeze grilled lemon wedges over shrimp.
OAXACAN GRILLED SHRIMP
We watched these being cooked right by our table while in Huatulco. The smell when the marinade was brushed on the jumbo shrimp while on the grill filled the air - so good! This is our version. Enjoy! **Preparation time includes 30 minute marinading time (****edit June 25/07 - it was suggested that lime juice would be good instead of lemon juice so I tried it out and I prefer it that way. Thank you for that!) ***NOTE : ) Aug. 7/10 - discovered an even better way to enjoy this recipe! Ran out of skewers so just threw the prawns with all the marinade into a foil pan and threw that on the bbq stirring and turning for about 5 to 7 minutes (depending on size of your prawns). They turned out wonderfully moist and tasty and the resulting sauce was fabulous to dip a crusty bread onto. The sauce is also very tasty ladled on top of linguine. So fast and easy. Cuts the prep time down to basically nothing.
Provided by Debi9400
Yield 35-40 shrimp, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Shell and devein. Set aside.
- Soak skewers in water.
- Throw all the ingredients, except for the shrimp, into a blender and process until a fine puree.
- In a large glass bowl, sit together shrimp and marinade. Cover and chill for 1/2 an hour.
- Drain shrimp and reserve marinade. Thread shrimp on skewers.
- Grill skewers medium high heat just until they turn pink, turning frequently and brushing with reserved marinade. Takes about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232, Fat 15.2, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 179.1, Sodium 954.3, Carbohydrate 3.9, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.6, Protein 19.8
INDIAN SHRIMP AND LENTILS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large wide pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, garlic and 1 tablespoon ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot softens, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the tomatoes are soft, about 2 minutes.
- Stir the lentils into the tomato mixture until coated, then add 3 cups water. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender and thick, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garam masala and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the spinach and coconut cream into the lentils until the spinach wilts; season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls. Top with the shrimp and any juices; sprinkle with the cilantro.
More about "grilledshrimpwithfierylemongrasschilesambal recipes"
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions