GROUND BEEF TACO FILLING
I have a recipe posted for taco seasoning and it's my go-to recipe anytime I need a package of taco seasoning mix - tastes so much better than the packaged stuff. For the last several years, I've written down the following recipe for every bridal shower I've attended where I was asked to bring a recipe. I finally decided that I should post it here. Serve with your favorite taco topping or as a salad or nachos. This recipe may also be used with ground turkey.
Provided by LARavenscroft
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Coat a large skillet with spray oil.
- Add ground beef to skillet along with garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until browned - about 10 minutes.
- Add dried onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon and red pepper and stir well.
- Add tomato paste and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering until the liquid is reduced - about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
RESTAURANT-STYLE TACO MEAT SEASONING
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn flour, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Stir in the paprika, cumin, garlic salt, and sugar. Blend in the onion, bouillon, and ground red pepper, stirring until all spices are well blended.
- Crumble the ground chuck into a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until browned. Remove from heat, rinse meat with hot water, and drain water and grease from beef.
- Return meat to skillet, and pour in seasoning. Stir in water. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until most of the liquid has cooked away, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 43.6 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 10.6 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 212.1 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
TACO BELL® SEASONING COPYCAT
- Whisk onion flakes, flour, beef bouillon, garlic salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and sugar together in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 14.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 571.4 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX
Much lower salt than pre-made. Salt can be omitted. Great with half ground buffalo and half ground turkey breast or whatever you prefer. Buy bulk spices and you can make 5-plus batches for under $1.00!! Increasing black pepper and adding optional ingredients will increase heat. Using mild or regular chili powder and omitting optional ingredients will reduce heat. To keep salt content low make sure chili powder does not contain salt.
Provided by KATHYESG
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix chili powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 12.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 234.7 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
TACO SEASONING I
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5.3 calories, Carbohydrate 0.9 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 184.8 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
Skip the powdered, packaged stuff and make your own taco seasoning, adjusting the spices to your family's taste. The recipe below makes enough to season one pound of browned ground meat (it even works with crumbled tofu), but you can easily double or triple it and store it in airtight container so it's ready to go on a busy weeknight.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories condiments, tacos
Yield Enough to season 1 pound ground beef, chicken or turkey
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 43, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 234 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
GROUND BEEF WITH HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX
- Mix minced onion, salt, chili powder, cornstarch, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, dried minced garlic, and oregano in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Return ground beef to heat. Pour seasoning mixture and water over the beef; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106.7 calories, Carbohydrate 0.8 g, Cholesterol 35.5 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 327.5 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
People also searched
More about "ground beef with homemade taco seasoning mix recipes"
TACO MACARONI SKILLET RECIPE - LAND O'LAKES
3.8/5 (9)Servings 6Cuisine MexicanCalories 370 per serving
- Cook ground beef in 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain off fat.
- Stir in seasoning mix. Add water, uncooked macaroni, and tomatoes; mix well. Continue cooking 3-5 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, 14-16 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
THE BEST HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (9)Total Time 5 minsCategory Dinner, Main Course, Side DishCalories 6 per serving
- I used one recipe in one pound of ground turkey. Recipe can easily be doubled and use more or less to taste. I also like to add 1/2 cup of water to the meat and seasonings to make the meat more moist.
TACO SEASONING - GIMME SOME OVEN
4.7/5 (94)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 3Total Time 2 mins See details »
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING FOR GROUND BEEF - A FOOD …
4.8/5 (15)Total Time 8 minsCategory SaucesCalories 57 per serving
- The recipe makes enough seasoning for 1 pound of ground beef. When ready to use, mix seasoning into 1 lb cooked ground beef along with 1/4 cup water. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes until the water has evaporated.
GROUND BEEF TACOS - HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX - …
4/5 (71)Category Main Course
- Mix all the taco seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. For the tacos, pre-heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the onions, peppers, celery, along with ½ teaspoon salt and a couple cracks of pepper, cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 3 minutes or until the peppers have softened a little bit. Add the taco seasoning mix and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes so the spices can bloom then add the beef. Break up the beef well and raise the heat to medium-high and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook until the meat is almost cooked through, add the bone broth, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes, or until thick and saucy. Check for seasoning, you may need more salt, and skim some of the fat off the beef. Set aside.
- Make the slaw by adding the cabbage, carrots, green onions, and pepitas to a large bowl and season with a pinch of salt and a couple cracks of pepper. Add the mayo, lime juice and mix well and check for seasoning. You may need more mayo or lime juice.
- Toast the tortillas or warm in the oven, place some slaw in the tortilla and top with the beef mixture. Enjoy!
10 BEST GROUND BEEF TACO SEASONING CASSEROLE RECIPES …
See details »
GROUND BEEF TACOS (WITH HOMEMADE SEASONING) - A PINCH OF …
Ratings 1Calories 166 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat the taco shells in the oven (or toaster oven), according to package instructions, just prior to serving.
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING #19 RECIPE - ALTON BROWN
4.6/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory PantryTotal Time 5 mins
- Put all the ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- To use, break up a half pound of ground beef or turkey in a wide skillet over medium heat. As soon as it starts to sizzle, sprinkle on a tablespoon or two and continue stirring. As moisture cooks out of the meat and simmers, it will be thickened by the cornstarch. It’s a darned tasty trick.
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
4.4/5 (23)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory CondimentCalories 26 per serving
- Then put all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir until the ingredients are equally dispersed.
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (8)Total Time 10 minsCategory MexicanCalories 14 per serving
- Add spices and water to 1 lb browned ground beef, or to the 1 lb equivilant of your favorite frozen "meatless" ground burger.
GROUND BEEF TACO SEASONING RECIPE - HOME COOKING MEMORIES
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 2 minsCategory Seasonings
- To use, sprinkle on 1 pound of cooked ground beef. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons water over seasoning and stir to combine with meat.
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING - MEXICAN PLEASE
4.4/5 (11)Total Time 5 minsServings 16Calories 12 per serving
- For one pound of ground beef, you'll need 3 tablespoons of the seasoning mix. After browning the ground beef, drain the fat. Add 3 tablespoons seasoning along with a heaping half cup of water. Mix well and simmer over low heat. Taste for salt level, adding another pinch if necessary.
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING FOR GROUND BEEF AND MORE - FEAST …
5/5 (3)Total Time 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 37 per serving
- Cook 1 pound ground beef. Drain.Add 2-3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water. Stir well and simmer until the water reduces.
GROUND BEEF TACO SEASONING - WHISK IT REAL GUD
5/5 (24)Category Dinner, LunchCuisine American, MexicanTotal Time 5 mins See details »
EASY DIY GROUND BEEF TACO SEASONING MIX (MILD, KID FRIENDLY) - A …
Cuisine American, MexicanTotal Time 5 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 13 per serving See details »
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING RECIPE - CREATIONS BY KARA
5/5 (3)Total Time 5 minsCategory Main Dish- BeefCalories 11 per serving See details »
BEST HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX RECIPE - SPICES
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 10 minsCategory MiscellaneousCalories 38 per serving See details »
GROUND BEEF TACO RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST TACO SEASONING PASTA GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
See details »
GROUND BEEF SEASONING MIX RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love