CREAMY HAM AND BEANS
This soup freezes well and many people who don't like ham and beans like this soup. It serves 20, depending on the appetites of people eating this delicious soup. Note: I usually soak beans overnight and then they will cook faster. Also only mash a few beans to check them for softness, don't mash them all.
Provided by Phyllis Bartlow
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Cream Soup Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Add beans to boiling water and cook on high. Beans will soak up some water, so you will need to add more water later.
- As soon as beans can be mashed with fork, add ham and onions, let cook until beans and ham are done.
- Turn down to medium heat and add soup and cheese. Stir frequently while soup and cheese are mixed into the beans. When cheese is melted turn off heat and serve. Leftovers may be frozen.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.6 calories, Carbohydrate 27.8 g, Cholesterol 24.8 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 835 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
HAM AND BEANS AND MORE
Ham and bean soup can be a little bland and requires a lot of salt to be palatable, but not so with this version. It is bursting with flavor.
Provided by Roxanne Dalton
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Ham
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place the beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse before using.
- Combine the soaked beans, 4 cups of water, celery, onion, bay leaves, cumin, garlic powder, and parsley into a slow cooker.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the leeks in the butter mixture until tender and the smaller pieces start to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the leeks to the slow cooker. In the same pan, cook and stir the ham until the edges start to brown; stir into the soup. Place the bacon into the hot skillet, and pan-fry until the bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes. Cut the bacon into bite-size pieces and stir into the soup. Pour the chicken stock into the hot skillet, and stir to dissolve any brown flavor bits from the skillet; pour the chicken stock into the soup. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Set the cooker to Low cook the soup until the beans are very tender, 6 to 8 hours. Roughly mash about half the beans with a potato masher to thicken the soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.9 g, Cholesterol 47.5 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 12.2 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 944.6 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
HAM AND BEANS
My Mom created this recipe and I really enjoyed it as a child. As an adult, my taste changed just a bit so I modified her recipe to 'kick it up' a bit. It is fabulous even though the ingredients list is quite short! This is a must make with leftover ham and everyone agrees it's absolutely delicious.
Provided by STEPHNDON
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Pork Soup Recipes Ham Soup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse beans in a large pot; discard shriveled beans and any small stones. Add 8 cups of cold water. Let stand overnight or at least 8 hours. Drain and rinse beans.
- Return beans to pot and add ham, onion, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne and parsley and water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until beans are tender. Add more water if necessary during cooking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.3 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Cholesterol 18.2 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 10.7 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 423.5 mg, Sugar 10.5 g
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS
This recipe is perfect for those blustery days when you don't really have time to cook, but want a hearty meal for the family. It's a very basic, nutrient-packed meal for all to enjoy!
Provided by Jessica Kimble
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Ham Brown Sugar
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the beans, ham, brown sugar, onion powder, parsley, garlic salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker. Pour enough water into the slow cooker to cover the mixture by about 2 inches. Set slow cooker to Low; simmer 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.4 calories, Carbohydrate 49.8 g, Cholesterol 15.9 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 11.6 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 492.5 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
SLOW-COOKED HAM AND BEANS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings (with leftovers)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and paprika in a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker. Add the ham, beans, bay leaf and thyme. Pour in 4 cups water; cover and cook on low, undisturbed, 8 hours.
- Pour the tomatoes into a bowl and crush them with your hands. Add the tomatoes and their juices, the scallions and garlic to the slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 more minutes.
- Remove the ham from the slow cooker and transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly before slicing. Set aside about one-third of the ham and 3 cups of the stewed bean mixture to make Ham Jambalaya. Serve the remaining ham with the bean mixture.
- Turn leftovers into Ham Jambalaya
HAM AND BEANS (CROCK-POT)
This is how I have been making my ham and beans for years. . .I think you either love these or hate these!!! Total comfort food for me, as I make them very similar to my dad's recipe which I had growing up. Perfect served with corn bread on a cool fall or winter day. I add 3 T of Andrea's Sauce (a savory steak marinade with flavors of worchester, garlic, and onion), but Recipezaar does not recognize it. This freezes well, so don't be afraid to serve it once and freeze the leftovers for later!
Provided by januarybride
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse and sort thru beans (has anyone ever really found a rock in these?). Cover with water and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, drain water, rinse again and place beans in the crockpot. Dump in all of the other ingredients (except ham bone) and give it a few good stirs.
- Put the ham bone in the crockpot, cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf, ham bone and fish out any bones that may have fallen off during cooking. Stir the beans a few times. Remove 1 cup of the beans and place in a bowl, mash them with a potato masher or back of a spoon, then return to the beans and stir; this helps thicken it up a bit.
- Take off any meat left on the ham bone, chop and return it to the crockpot.
- Stir again and serve!
QUICK HAM AND BEAN SOUP
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 1242mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
BASIC HAM AND BEAN SOUP
Hearty ham and bean soup. Easy to make and a great way to use a leftover ham bone. This soup also has lots of mixed vegetables.
Provided by J. A. McConville
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Beans and Peas
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Rinse the beans, sorting out any broken or discolored ones. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the salt and the beans and remove from heat. Let beans sit in the hot water for at least 60 minutes.
- After the 60 minutes of soaking, return the pot to high heat and place the ham bone, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, mustard and bay leaves in the pot. Stir well, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 60 more minutes.
- Remove ham bone and discard. Stir in the chopped ham and simmer for 30 more minutes. Season with ground white pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.9 calories, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 18.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 771.4 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
HAM N' BEANS
This is such a good ole' boy recipe it's unbelievable, but it is one of the best ham n' bean recipes ever!
Provided by MizEmerilLagasse
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, fried the bacon until crisp then remove from the skillet and crumble.
- Add the onion and ham and saute until browned.
- From there, add the beans, bacon, ham/onion mixture, broth, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and parsley to your crock pot.
- Turn to low high and let cook for atleast 8 hours then add the salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.7, Fat 8.9, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 29.7, Sodium 2278.6, Carbohydrate 52.8, Fiber 16.1, Sugar 3.3, Protein 34.7
CROCK POT HAM AND BEANS
This is cheap eating at it's best. Really good for scraping by at the end of the month if your cash gets low. Goes best with freshly baked corn muffins drizzled with honey.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sort beans and soak in enough water to cover overnight.
- Or you may sort them and place in a saucepan with 2-inches of water to cover.
- Bring them to a boil, boil for 3 minutes, then cover and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for one hour after boiling (don't lift the lid).
- Whichever method you use, rinse and drain the beans before placing them in the crock pot.
- Put the rinsed beans, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, cloves, ham (chopped into large chunks) or ham hocks into the crock pot along with 6 cups water or broth.
- Cover crock, and cook on low for about 8 hours, or until beans are tender and creamy.
- Skim any excess fat, if necessary, before serving.
BEST HAM AND BEAN SOUP EVER
I got this recipe from a Newspaper Article many years ago from a woman who used to be a cook in a restaurant - she said "this was our best-selling soup. One taste and your family will agree it's a winner! --- Mary Detweiler, West Farmington, Ohio
Provided by Recipe USA
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a 3 quart saucepan, saute ham, onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender.
- Add the next seven ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas and cook for 5 minutes. Add parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.6, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 29.8, Sodium 982, Carbohydrate 26.5, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 2.2, Protein 20
BAKED BEANS WITH HAM
"My husband and I both love ham and beans, and this combination makes a delightful side dish that I prepare often," relates Gloria Warczak of Cedarburg, Wisconsin."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 1475mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
More about "ham n beans recipes"
10 BEST HAM AND BEANS WITH HAM BONE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED BEANS RECIPE WITH COUNTRY HAM AND MOLASSES
DEEP SOUTH DISH: OLD SCHOOL HAM BONE BEANS
EASY HAM AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS | HURST BEANS
INSTANT POT HAM 'N' BEANS - THE COOKING FAMILY
DISCOVER HAM AND BEANS AND CORNBREAD RECIPE 'S POPULAR VIDEOS
HEARTY HAM 'N BEAN SOUP - WILDFLOUR'S COTTAGE KITCHEN
THE BEST SOUTHERN HAM AND BEANS RECIPE - THE …
10 BEST GREAT NORTHERN BEANS HAM AND BEANS RECIPES
GREAT NORTHERN BEANS AND HAM - SPEND WITH PENNIES
STOVE TOP HAM AND BEANS - GOODENESS GRACIOUS
HAM AND BEAN SOUP (CROCKPOT VERSION) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
HAM AND BEAN SOUP: THE BEST WE'VE EVER HAD! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
FAMILY HAM & BEANS DINNER | RANDALL BEANS RECIPES
HAM BONE BEANS - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
HAM AND BEAN SOUP (15 MINUTE RECIPE) - CAFE DELITES
10 BEST HAM AND BEANS WITH CANNED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
10 BEST NAVY BEANS HAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
TASTY LEFTOVER HEARTY HAM AND CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP
10 BEST HAM AND CANNED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH HAM AND STRING BEANS - A COALCRACKER IN THE …
HAM N BEANS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CROCK POT HAM AND BEANS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
HAM N BEANS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HAM AND BEAN SOUP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
HAM-AND-BEAN SOUP RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
HAM AND BEANS IN THE INSTANT POT - COOKING WITH CARLEE
HAM N BEANS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HAM AND BEAN SOUP - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
CLASSIC HAM & BEAN SOUP RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
INSTANT POT HAM N BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
54 HAM ‘N BEANS IDEAS IN 2021 | HAM AND BEANS, HAM AND BEAN …
BUTTER BEANS WITH HAM - WOODLAND FOODS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love