HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADA RECIPE
- Remove the empanada discs from the freezer and let thaw.
- Place your chopped ham, cheese, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and onion powder in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Lay out your thawed dough on the counter. Place about 1-2 tablespoons of filling (packed tightly) in each center of the pastry dough.
- Place a small amount of water into a cup. Using your finger or a brush, wet the outer portion of the disc.
- Fold the disc in half, closing in the contents and meeting together both wet sides of the discs.
- Using a fork, press on the outer portion of the disc to seal it. Repeat on the other side. You should have the classic marks of the fork on the outer part of the empanadas after.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Once hot, spray your empanadas with cooking oil spray and place the empanadas inside. Cook for about 8 minutes, flipping halfway.
- After they are cooked, place on a plate and allow to slightly cool. Enjoy!
CHEESY HAM POTATO BAKE
I have been told by several people that this could possibly be the best thing they ever tasted!! A delicious and easy casserole your kids will beg you to make!! Cheese, ham, and hash browns make this a dish even your pickiest eater will like!
Provided by Heather Gray
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir hash browns, ham, Cheddar cheese, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking until brown, about 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.3 g, Cholesterol 63.2 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 13.8 g, Sodium 730.4 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
LEFTOVER HAM -N- POTATO CASSEROLE
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the ham and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir potatoes into ham mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth.
- Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir Cheddar cheese into the white sauce until melted.
- Pour sauce over ham and potatoes.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs atop casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.3 g, Cholesterol 104.9 mg, Fat 35.8 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 20.2 g, Sodium 973.7 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
PUFF PASTRY HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pre heat oven to 400 F. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk the flour into the melted butter and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes to create a roux.
- Whisk the milk into the roux and bring it to boil, stirring. The sauce will thicken slightly.
- Whisk 2 eggs into mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes more or until sauce has thickened.
- Add grated cheese and Parmesan and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry dough on a floured surface to 12 inches square. With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 12 (3 x 4-inch) rectangles.
- Mix the egg yolk with the water and brush the edges of half of the rectangles with the egg yolk mixture.
- Place a piece of ham in the center of each rectangle that has been brushed with the egg yolk mixture. There should be an edge of dough all around the ham. Top ham the ham with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Cover the ham and cheese with one of the plain rectangles and firmly press down around the edges to seal.
- Repeat with the other sheet of puff pastry. Pastries may be frozen at this point or kept in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours before baking.
- When ready to bake, prick the top of the empanadas several times with a fork and brush tops lightly with the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Empanades can be served hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289 kcal, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 169 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 589 mg, Sugar 3 g, Fat 18 g, ServingSize 12 empanadas, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
PAOLA VELEZ'S HAM-AND-CHEESE EMPANADAS
An inventive way to repurpose holiday leftovers.
Provided by Southern Living Test Kitchen
Yield 18 empanadas
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Make a well in middle of flour mixture. Add ¾ cup water and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil to the well in mixing bowl.
- Using hands, mix ingredients together until dough is tacky but not sticky. If dough is dry, add water (in 1-teaspoon increments) until dough comes together. Form dough into a ball, and place in bowl. Cover with a dish towel, and let rest at room temperature 30 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, combine ham and cheese in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Lightly flour countertop. Divide dough into 18 (1-ounce) balls. Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a 4-inch disk. Spoon 1 tablespoon ham mixture onto half of each disk, making sure not to overfill. Dab finger or pastry brush in small bowl of water, tap off excess moisture, and run around outside edge of empanada dough on the half containing filling. Fold dough edges over to form half circles; crimp with a fork to seal. Place on a lightly floured rimmed baking sheet, and repeat process with remaining dough. If empanadas are too soft when you pick them up from tray, chill 10 minutes before frying.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large Dutch oven; heat over medium to 350°F. Working in 4 or 5 batches, fry empanadas until golden, 90 seconds to 2 minutes per side. Place on a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet. Serve immediately, or cool completely and chill in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in oven.
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS
This was listed as a top 5 breakfast in Peru on About.com. Although these are not traditional empanandas because they are made with puff pastry dough, they are still very popular, especially for breakfast. They are often shaped as a square, maybe to distinguish them from the classic round empanadas.
Provided by Chef Jean
Yield 12 empanadas, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Whisk flour into butter, and increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk milk into flour/butter mixture and bring to boil, stirring. Sauce will thicken slightly.
- Whisk 2 eggs into mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 -2 minutes more or until sauce has thickened.
- Add grated cheese and parmesan and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry dough on a floured surface to 12 inches square. With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 12 3 x 4 inch rectangles.
- .Mix egg yolk with water, and brush the edges of half of the rectangles with the egg yolk mixture.
- Place a piece of ham in the center of the rectangles brushed with egg yolk. There should be an edge of dough all around the ham. Top ham with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Cover the ham and cheese with one of the plain rectangles, and firmly press down around the edges to seal.
- Repeat with other sheet of puff pastry. Pastries may be frozen at this point, or kept in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours before baking.
- Prick the top of the empanadas several times with a fork, and brush tops lightly with the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441.6, Fat 29.7, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 62.6, Sodium 386.7, Carbohydrate 33.5, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 10.1
CHEESY POTATOES AND HAM
Esther Yoder combines leftover ham with canned soup, cheese and a few other ingredients to make this mashed potato-topped casserole. "My family loves it," notes the Millersburg, Ohio reader.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. stir in the ham, onion and Worcestershire sauce. , Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 24g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 1849mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
HAM & CHEESE EMPANADAS
My picky eater loves these, I usually serve this with a salad or vegetable & fruit. I actually get thanked for making these, it's a winner every time. The prep time includes 1 hour chilling dough.
Provided by Legna
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the dough: Combine flour & butter in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender or a fork, mix until the butter is evenly distributed among the flour.
- Dissolve the salt & sugar in the water & stir into the flour mix.
- On a lightly floured surface, lightly knead dough until it forms a ball, adding more water or flour if needed.
- Cover the bowl with lid or plastic wrap & refrigerate 1 hour.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface about 1/8 inch thick.
- With a circle cookie cutter, cut out a 4-inch circle.
- Continue until you have used all of the dough.
- For filling: Put parsley, ham, breadcrumbs, cheese, sour cream, egg & pepper into a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Put dough circles on a greased pan.
- Put 2 Tbsp. of filling in center of each circle.
- Fold dough circles in half, press & seal with a fork.
- For egg wash: beat egg & add about 1 Tbsp water.
- Brush egg wash on top of each empanada.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 780.4, Fat 50.5, SaturatedFat 30.2, Cholesterol 235.5, Sodium 1396.5, Carbohydrate 55.3, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 2.2, Protein 26.1
HAM & CHEESE EMPANADAS
Empanadas don't have to be hard to make. Get out a ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust and some ham and cheese and let's get started.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Meal Recipes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Roll pie crust into 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface; cut into 8 wedges. Separate wedges, then roll each, 1 at a time, to make 1/2 inch wider on all sides.
- Combine ham and cheese; spoon onto centers of pastry wedges. Roll up each wedge, starting at wide end. Place, point sides down, on parchment-covered baking sheet; top with olives.
- Bake 16 min. or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 470 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
More about "ham potato cheese empanadas recipes"
HAM, CHEESE, AND ONION EMPANADAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.5/5 (13)Author Gaby MelianServings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Mix butter, vinegar, salt, and 2 cups lukewarm water in a large bowl until well combined. Gradually add 6 cups flour, mixing with a wooden spoon or your hands until a shaggy dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until mostly smooth and no dry spots remain, about 2 minutes. Form into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until golden and softened, 5–7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; mix in oregano. Transfer to a large bowl and chill until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
CHEESY HAM EMPANADAS - COOKING WITH BOOKS
HAM AND CHEESE MASHED POTATO CAKES - WILL COOK FOR …
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
HAM & CHEESE HOMEMADE EMPANADAS - THIS PILGRIM LIFE
BEST CHEESY HAM & POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - DELISH
EMPANADAS WITH HAM AND CHEESE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
10 BEST HAM POTATO CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS - MY RECIPE CONFESSIONS
POTATO AND CHEESE EMPANADAS RECIPE BY ELYSE CROMER
4.6/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 20Calories 218 per serving
- Place all dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse evenly to distribute. (Or if you do not have a food processor, place dry ingredients into a large bowl.) Add the butter to the flour mixture, pulsing. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Place mixture into a large bowl and set aside. Combine the egg and the buttermilk together in a small bowl. Create a well in the flour mixture, gradually whisk in the egg mixture with a fork. Mix the dough until it forms a ball. All dough to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the potato on a sheet tray and bake in the oven until tender and fully cooked. Let it cool slightly and remove the skin. Place into a medium bowl and mash. In the meantime, preheat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add in canola oil and onions and sauté until transparent. Add in minced garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add this to the bowl with the mashed potato.
- Add to the bowl: sour cream, cheese, cayenne, and parsley. Mix until well combined and season to taste with salt and pepper. Store mixture in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cut the rested dough in half. Using extra Cup4Cup flour for dusting a flat surface, roll out 1 portion into a circle about 1/8 inch thick. Keep other half of the dough refrigerated until ready to use. Using a round cutter about 3 inches in diameter, cut out circles from the dough. Place circles onto a sheet tray lined with parchment. Place about 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each circle. Fold over 1 side to create a half-[circle. Be sure that no air bubbles remain in the center. Crimp the edges together with a fork. Place finished empanadas onto a tray about 1 inch apart. Continue rolling, cutting, and filing the dough until no dough remains. Brush the empanadas with the egg wash and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.
CHEESY HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE - 40 APRONS
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS - PLAIN CHICKEN
HAM & PORK EMPANADA FILLING RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
HAM, CHEESE, AND ONION EMPANADAS | RECIPE | EMPANADAS RECIPE, …
HAM, POTATO, CHEESE EMPANADAS ! | CHEESE EMPANADAS, …
HAM AND LEEK EMPANADAS - THE SINGLE GOURMAND
HAM & CHEESE EMPANADA - YOUTUBE | HAM AND CHEESE, …
BEST HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADA RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
10 BEST POTATO EMPANADAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
VENEZUELAN CHEESE AND HAM EMPANADAS - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
HOW TO MAKE LEFTOVER BAKED HAM & CHEESE EMPANADAS
SUPER-TASTY CHEESE AND HAM EMPANADAS - COOKIST.COM
EMPANADAS WITH HAM, POTATOES AND CHEESE – LICENSE IMAGES – …
CHEESY HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE - ALL THINGS MAMMA
LEFTOVER HAM EMPANADAS - HEINEN'S GROCERY STORE
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS - ASIAN IN AMERICA
MASHED POTATO, QUESO FRESCO AND HAM EMPANADAS
EASY RECIPE FOR PUERTO RICAN CHEESE EMPANADAS WITH POTATO
HAM AND GOODY'S RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADA RECIPE - PINOY RECIPE AT IBA PA
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HAM & CHEESE EMPANADAS – MOSTLY GREEK
HAM AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE (WITH CREAMY CHEESE SAUCE)
HAM & CHEESE EMPANADAS RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
HAM POTATO CROQUETTES—CROQUETAS DE JAMON Y QUESO RECIPE
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADA RECIPE …
HAM AND CHEESE EMPANADAS - MISSION FOOD ADVENTURE
You'll also love