HARD ROCK CANDY
Spicy, cinnamon flavored hard candy. Wrap pieces of it in decorative bags for perfect stocking stuffers. You can vary the flavor by substituting lemon, orange, anise, or other oils. These flavored oils can be found in candy making supply stores and drugstores.
Provided by Pam Lowe
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Roll the edges of two 16 inch square pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle the foil very generously with confectioners' sugar.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the white sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, and boil until a candy thermometer reads 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon oil and food coloring. Pour onto the prepared foil, and allow to cool and harden. Crack into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Sodium 6.4 mg, Sugar 20.9 g
CINNAMON ROCK CANDY
My mother taught me how to make rock candy with this hard cinnamon candy. Now I fix it for my own family and to give as gifts at Christmas. -Marganne Winter Oxley, Klamath Falls, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 pounds.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil; butter the foil and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine water, sugar, corn syrup and food coloring. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. , Uncover; cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon oil (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour onto prepared pan. Cool completely, about 45 minutes. , Break the candy into pieces using the edge of a metal mallet. Sprinkle both sides of candy with confectioners' sugar. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 16mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
An easy recipe for hard candy. The hardest part is waiting for the sugar to reach the proper temperature. Be patient and use a candy thermometer for perfect candy. This recipe can easily be adjusted by using different flavored extracts and food colorings.
Provided by JUDITH SYNESAEL
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the white sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil. Without stirring, heat to 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in flavored extract and food coloring, if desired. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet, and dust the top with confectioners' sugar. Let cool, and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.6 calories, Carbohydrate 32.2 g, Sodium 8.5 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
This is a recipe that my Grandma and I made growing up. I continue today to make this every Christmas. Great to give as a gift or just have sitting around a grab when you want one. Enjoy
Provided by Mayniac May Family
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix syrup, sugar and water.
- Bring to hard/crack boil on candy thermometer.
- Stir in Candy oil and food coloring. (watch about the steam coming off of the mixture, it can really get you).
- Butter the heat resistant surface you will be working on. (She had a marble candy board, I use a cookie sheet).
- When cool enough to touch with hands (but not too cool or it will be too late), butter you hands and kitchen scissors and begin cutting pieces with scissors.
- Put pieces in a bowl of confection sugar (coats each piece from sticking to one another) and when you get alot in the bowl, skake it thru a stainer to get excess off.
- This is a very, very fast paced thing! We always cut it to make small pieces, and we bent in any sharp edges to make it easier for the kids. I have poured it into the cookie sheet and as it sets up, you scour it with a pizza cutter. When completely cooled you can break it apart. It all depends on whether I have help or not.
HARD ROCK CANDY, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE
- Take a 16 oz.
- glass and fill it up approx.
- 2/3 full with the crushed ice.
- Pour in the rum.
- Slowly pour in the cream soda it may fizz up a bit.
- Drink with Straw, Enjoy.
- "Pleasedon't Drink and Drive".
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.1, Sodium 0.3
More about "hard rock candy recipes"
HARD ROCK CANDY - COOKIE DOUGH AND OVEN MITT
4.8/5 (15)Total Time 30 minsCategory CandyCalories 2030 per serving
- In a large saucepan, add in the first 3 ingredients. Over medium heat, stir until combined and let it cook to 300 degrees. I would highly recommend using a candy thermometer for this. 300 degrees is the hard crack stage. My mom always filled a measuring cup with ice cold water and dropped a teaspoon of the candy into the water. If the set immediately and was crunchy, it was ready.
- After the sugar mixture has reached 300 degrees, remove from the heat. Add in a few drops of food coloring and the flavored oil. Stir vigorously.
- Quickly pour the hot sugar mixture onto the greased cookie sheet. Let it cool for 20-30 minutes. I like to sit mine out in the sun room to cool quicker.
HOW TO MAKE ROCK CANDY, AKA, HARD TACK CANDY - A …
4.6/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
HOMEMADE ROCK CANDY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Category CandyCalories 1164 per serving
OLD FASHIONED CINNAMON ROCK CANDY - ONE HOT OVEN
HOW TO MAKE FLAVORED AND COLORED ROCK CANDY
OLD FASHIONED ROCK CANDY | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS HARD CANDY / CANNASOS
HOMEMADE HARD CANDY RECIPE • LONGBOURN FARM
HARD ROCK CINNAMON CANDY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HARD ROCK CANDY - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
CANNABIS INFUSED HARD CANDY - EASY RECIPE & TIPS
OLD FASHIONED CINNAMON ROCK CANDY - AN AFFAIR FROM THE HEART
HARD CANDY RECIPES | LORANN OILS | PAGE 2
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS HARD CANDY WITH THC OR CBD - RXLEAF
HARD CANDY RECIPES | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
7 FANTASTIC ROCK CANDY RECIPES - CANDYSTORE.COM
PIONEER CANDY RECIPES: HARD TAFFY AND OLD FASHIONED ROCK CANDY
HOW TO MAKE ROCK CANDY AT HOME - TASTE OF HOME
MAKE YOUR OWN ROCK CANDY - BETTYCROCKER.COM
10 BEST ROCK CANDY WITH ALCOHOL RECIPES | YUMMLY
HARD ROCK CANDY - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
MAKE YOUR OWN OLD-FASHIONED ROCK CANDY RECIPE
APPLE CINNAMON ROCK CANDY RECIPE - THE COUNTRY COOK
CINNAMON ROCK CANDY - COOKIE DOUGH AND OVEN MITT
HARD ROCK CANDY FLAVORS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BROKEN GLASS CANDY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HARD CANDY RECIPES | LORANN OILS
HARD CANDY WITHOUT CORN SYRUP OR ARTIFICIAL DYES
AUNT MARCEY’S OLD FASHIONED HARD TACK CANDY – WENDERLY
CHRISTMAS - HARD ROCK CANDY | BLIND PIG AND THE ACORN
OLD FASHIONED HARD CANDY - MY COUNTRY TABLE
RECIPE FOR MAPLE SUGAR ROCK CANDY - COOKEATSHARE
CHRISTMAS HARD ROCK GLASS CANDY - WHOLESOME …
RSO HARD CANDIES: CANNABIS INFUSED CANDY EDIBLES - CANNADISH
HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS HARD CANDY WITH THC OR CBD - CANNADISH
HOW TO MAKE THC INFUSED HARD CANDY WITH CANNABUTTER
HARD TACK CANDY RECIPE STEP BY STEP: HOW TO MAKE - THE KITCHEN …
CANNABIS HARD CANDY RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE CANNABIS HARD CANDY
HOW TO MAKE ROCK CANDY (BLUE ROCK CANDY RECIPE)
HARD CANDY RECIPES - PINTEREST
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN CANNABIS HARD CANDY - CANNACONNECTION
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is hard rock candy made of?Hard Rock Candy is easy to make and looks fantastic in mason jars packed as gifts for family and friends. It’s a homemade hard candy recipe made with sugar, corn syrup, water and of course flavoring and food color! Are you looking for a specific flavor of hard rock candy?
How do you make hard candy at home?An easy recipe for hard candy. The hardest part is waiting for the sugar to reach the proper temperature. Be patient and use a candy thermometer for perfect candy. This recipe can easily be adjusted by using different flavored extracts and food colorings. In a medium saucepan, stir together the white sugar, corn syrup, and water.
How do you make Rock Candy?Making rock candy is a great intro to being crafty in the kitchen. It’s a fun project for scientists of any age—and learning how to make rock candy is the perfect rainy day activity. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Add the sugar one cup at a time, making sure to stir now and then.
How much sugar syrup do you need to make Rock Candy?Keep in mind that the exact quantity of sugar syrup you will need depends on the size of the jars you're using and how many candies you want. For example, the recipe's measurements work for four 12-ounce jars or one quart-sized Mason jar. You can easily double or triple the recipe and make more rock candy at once.