HERB BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE
- Put the chicken on a pot large enough to hold it and add enough water to cover the chicken by an inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes, skimming off the gunk that forms on top once in a while.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Make the biscuit dough: Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Toss in the herbs and add 1-1/4 cup buttermilk.
- Mix until the dough begins to stick together, adding the remaining buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary.
- Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until needed.
- Set the chicken aside to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Reserve 5 cups of the poaching liquid.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the carrots, celery, and mushrooms over moderately high heat.
- Cook about 10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Add the flour and cook until light brown, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the reserved broth, 1 cup at a time.
- Continue whisking and bring to a low boil.
- Add the peas, sage, and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard.
- Pull the chicken meat off the bones in large chunks; add to the vegetable mixture.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Tear off small pieces of biscuit dough and completely cover the top of the vegetable mixture.
- Beat together the egg and milk; brush over the biscuits.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until the biscuits are golden and the vegetable mixture is bubbling around the edges.
BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE
When I think of comfort food, this is the first dish that comes to mind. This is one of my family's favorite dishes. I make it often, especially when it is cold and rainy outside.
Provided by Bayhill
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Put chicken breasts in a large pot with water, 3 stalks celery, 1/2 onion, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and Minor's chicken base. Simmer, covered, until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and let cool. Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Reserve 4 cups of the broth in the pot; discard the cooked vegetables. To the broth, add the carrots, potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, onion powder, and 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chopped onion, peas, and 1/2 cup chopped celery. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender; add chicken.
- In a small bowl, add flour to the evaporated milk; stir into the vegetable mixture. Cook until the mixture thickens (add more flour if necessary). Adjust seasoning, if necessary. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13" baking dish. Top with biscuit rounds, cutting some in half, if necessary, to cover top of mixture. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven and brush tops of biscuits with butter or margarine.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk; mix well. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/2" thickness. Cut with 2-3/4" biscuit cutter. Makes 15 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 608.7, Fat 24.4, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 67.1, Sodium 1376.6, Carbohydrate 68.8, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 5.4, Protein 28.7
MOM'S FABULOUS CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUIT CRUST
Leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken from the supermarket helps on the ease of preparation of this fabulous comfort style dinner. Fresh vegetables gives this a very special added flavor and is worth the effort. Everyone loves Mom's Chicken Pot Pie! Serve with a green salad.
Provided by Pam
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the onion, celery, and carrots until the celery and carrots are tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas, parsley, thyme and flour, and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour coats the vegetables and begins to fry, about 5 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth and half-and-half, and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and mix in the chicken meat.
- Transfer the chicken, vegetables, and sauce into a 2-quart baking dish. Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with water; brush egg yolk on the biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577.4 calories, Carbohydrate 44.7 g, Cholesterol 120.4 mg, Fat 31.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 27.1 g, SaturatedFat 13.6 g, Sodium 1026.1 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
HERBY SPRING CHICKEN POT PIE
Minimise your washing-up with this delicious one-pan chicken pie with spinach and herbs and topped with crispy filo pastry. It's ideal for busy weeknights
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish on a medium heat. Add the spring onions and fry for 3 mins, then stir through the frozen spinach and cook for 2 mins or until it's starting to wilt. Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Shred the chicken off the bone and into the pan, and discard the bones. Stir through the stock and mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraîche and herbs, then remove from the heat. Scrunch the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little oil and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 32 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
EASY POT PIE WITH BISCUITS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix chicken, soup, and vegetables together in an 8-inch square baking dish. Separate biscuits and place on top to cover filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 1664.5 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
More about "herb biscuit topped chicken pot pie recipes"
HERB BISCUIT CHICKEN POT PIE - ABERDEEN'S KITCHEN
Reviews 7Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. In a medium pot, place chicken and salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover, and poach for 15 minutes. Drain, remove to a medium bowl and shred the chicken. Set aside in a warm place.
- Remove the chilled biscuit dough from the fridge. Form about 9-10 balls from the dough and, if you used an oven safe pan, drop on top of the filling in the skillet. Otherwise, pour filling into a deep dish pie pan and then drop the biscuits on top of the filling.
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH CHEDDAR HERB BISCUITS - …
5/5 (4)Category Main CourseServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Next, add butter to a medium pot on medium-high heat and once butter melts, add mixed vegetables and onions. Add sea salt + black pepper, to taste. Toss and cook vegetables until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add flour to veggies, stirring until well incorporated and cooking everything for 1 minute or so, until fully coated. Add in white cooking wine, chicken stock and milk. **NOTE: Be sure to whisk in the liquid with the vegetables as soon as it's poured in to ensure that NO lumps are formed.**
- Once well incorporated, increase the heat to high heat so that the mixture begins to boil for about 3-4 minutes, then reduce to a simmer. Finally, add in the shredded chicken, tossing it in to ensure that it's well incorporated and then simmer until sauce thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE WITH HERB BISCUIT TOPPING ...
VEGAN POT PIE - ORCHIDS + SWEET TEA
HERB BISCUITS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE - [VIDEO] THE RECIPE REBEL
CHICKEN AND BISCUIT POT PIE RECIPE - HOME CHEF
BISCUIT TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE | ALBERTA CHICKEN PRODUCERS ...
BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE - CANADIAN LIVING
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH HERB BISCUITS - SAVING ROOM FOR …
HERB BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE
TURKEY POT PIE WITH CHEDDAR HERB BISCUIT TOPPING - KITCHEN ...
BISCUIT TOPPED TURKEY POT PIE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BISCUIT TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POTPIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HERB BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
EASIEST SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE WITH HERB BUTTER BISCUITS ...
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUIT TOPPING - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH HERB BISCUITS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR ...
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - COOKING CLASSY
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
CHICKEN BISCUIT POT PIE RECIPE - ALTON BROWN
HAMBURGER POT PIE WITH BISCUITS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
MINI CHICKEN POT PIES WITH HERB AND CHEESE BISCUIT TOPPERS ...
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH THE BEST BISCUITS! (MAKE AHEAD ...
HERB BISCUIT TOPPED CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
THANKSGIVING TURKEY POT PIE WITH HERB BISCUIT TOPPING
BISCUIT-TOPPED CHICKEN POTPIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEEF POT PIE WITH CHEDDAR BISCUITS - THE SEASONED MOM
EASY BISCUIT CHICKEN POT PIE – MY ROI LIST
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #savory-pies #casseroles #main-dish #poultry #american #oven #chicken #dietary #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #northeastern-united-states #meat #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken pot pie with biscuit topping?Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping has a creamy filling with lots of chicken, peas, and carrots and a light and fluffy biscuit topping. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 3-quart casserole dish. Melt the butter in a large skillet with high sides or a Dutch oven. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, about 6 to 8 minutes.
How do you make a pot pie?Quick and yummy pot pie recipe that came from a friend; it's easy and I love it! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix chicken, soup, and vegetables together in an 8-inch square baking dish. Separate biscuits and place on top to cover filling. Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are browned, about 30 minutes.
How long does it take to make a chicken pot pie?Biscuit-Topped Chicken Pot Pie only takes 10 minutes to put together and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand. The filling is extra decadent because it's made with Cream of Potato Soup, which becomes a rich and creamy sauce as it bakes. Fluffy, golden-brown biscuits on top make this a perfect comfort food dish.
What is the best way to mix up a chicken pot pie?Here are just a few ideas to mix up your chicken pot pie recipe: Rotisserie chicken: is a fabulous shortcut, you’ll need about 2 ½ cups. Rotisserie chicken comes lightly seasoned for an added depth of flavor and is a mix of both light and dark meat so it’s perfectly juicy and tender.