GARLIC-AND-HERB-RUBBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels and place it on a rimmed baking sheet. In a bowl, combine oil, herbs, orange zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub mixture all over lamb. Cover with foil and let marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Remove foil and transfer lamb to oven. Roast until a thermometer reads 120 degrees for rare and 130 for medium, about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on how you like your meat. Let cool completely, then wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 439, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 35 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 244 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
HERBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- In a glass bowl, combine wine, vinegar, garlic, mint, thyme, parsley, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Season both sides of the lamb with salt and pepper. Place lamb in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour marinade over meat, turning to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill, arranging coals for indirect cooking. Lightly coat rack with cooking spray; coals should be hot.
- Remove lamb from marinade; pat dry. Place lamb on hottest part of grill; sear for 5 minutes per side. Move lamb to the cooler part of the grill, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn over; cover grill. For medium-rare, cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees. 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove from grill, and let lamb rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve.
BUTTERFLIED HERB-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB
Butterflied herb roasted leg of lamb. The rich, succulent flavor of lamb is enhanced with a herb rub of rosemary, mint and garlic then roasted in a hot oven.
Provided by Pat Nyswonger
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and unroll it on the cutting board. With a sharp knife trim off the excess fat and any gristle.
- To make the lamb the same thickness, butterfly-book the thick parts by making shallow diagonal slices and pressing the slices open like pages in a book.
- Then lightly score the the meat in a 1-inch crosshatch. Place the lamb on an oil-sprayed wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- To a small dish add the mashed anchovies, and the chopped garlic, mint and rosemary. Stir in the salt and olive oil.
- Rub the herb mixture over the prepared lamb, working the mixture into all the cuts and crevices. Let the lamb rest for an hour on the counter top to come to room temperature and absorb the herb flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Transfer the baking sheet with lamb still on the wire rack and roast the lamb for 25-35 minutes, depending on desired doneness. For medium-rare an instant-read thermometer will register 125 to 130°F
- Let the lamb rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563 calories, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 176 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 39 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 49 grams protein, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 3 oz., Sodium 490 grams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 22 grams unsaturated fat
HERBED AND BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- With a mortar and pestle, lightly crush peppercorns and coriander seeds. Transfer to a small bowl, and add olive oil, salt and garlic. Finely grate lemon peel, and add to mixture. Cut lemon into quarters, and squeeze juice into mixture, then add leftover lemon as well.
- Place lamb skin side down in a shallow dish, and press whole rosemary sprigs into scored meat. Pour marinade over meat, pressing lemon pieces into meat. Cover dish with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove lamb from refrigerator, and allow to sit at room temperature while oven heats to 425 degrees. Place lamb skin side up in a roasting pan, keeping lemon pieces and rosemary pressed into underside.
- Roast 35 to 40 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb registers 145 degrees (for medium-well lamb), or adjust cooking time as desired. When cooked to taste, remove lamb from oven, and allow to rest in pan for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 608, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 46 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 523 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
Celebrate with Ina Garten's easy Herb-Roasted Lamb recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Fresh rosemary gives it flavor, while potatoes make it a meal.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven so the lamb will sit in the middle of the oven.
- Peel 6 of the cloves of garlic and place them in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the rosemary, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and butter. Process until the garlic and rosemary are finely minced. Thoroughly coat the top and sides of the lamb with the rosemary mixture. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Toss the potatoes and remaining unpeeled garlic in a bowl with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Place the lamb on top of the potatoes. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 degrees F and roast for another 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until a meat thermometer registers 130 to 135 degrees F for medium-rare. Place the lamb on a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the potatoes.
HERB STUFFED LEG OF LAMB
- Ask a butcher to remove all bones, except shank, and to clean meat of all sinew and excess fat inside and out. Butterfly leg for stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay lamb flat on counter. Using a sharp knife, make several slits, about 2 inches long by 1/4 inch deep, so seasonings can penetrate meat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Spread garlic evenly on top, then cover with herbs. Roll meat to enclose stuffing and tie with string at 1 inch intervals, keeping the diameter of the roll the same so that the roast cooks evenly. Shank bone will protrude at one end. Generously season outside with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Brown lamb on all sides. Roast on rack in roasting pan 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare, 1 hour for well done. (A meat thermometer inserted in center should read 160 or 165 degrees F or a thinbladed knife inserted to the center for 20 seconds should feel lukewarm on your lips.) Let sit at room temperature about 10 minutes before carving, so juices can run to center. Remove strings and slice meat thinly across the roll. Serve with Roasted Eggplant and Myzithra Cheese Puree. To reheat carved lamb, place slices on a sheet pan, cover with a wet towel, and bake 5 minutes at 375 degrees F. Use leftover meat and puree for pita sandwiches.
SPICE-RUBBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine first 13 ingredients in processor. Using on/off turns, process until coarse paste forms. Add oil and lemon juice and process until well blended.
- Place lamb in large resealable plastic bag. Pour spice mixture over lamb; seal bag. Turn bag several times and rub spice mixture into lamb. Refrigerate overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Remove lamb from marinade; shake off excess. Grill lamb to desired doneness or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb registers 125°F to 130°F, for medium-rare about 15 minutes per side. Transfer lamb to cutting board. Cover with foil and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Cut lamb into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange on platter and serve.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH LEMON, HERBS, AND GARLIC
- Make herb rub:
- Finely chop garlic and in a small bowl stir together with remaining herb-rub ingredients.
- Put lamb in a large dish and with tip of a sharp small knife held at a 45-degree angle cut 1/2-inch-deep slits all over lamb, rubbing herb mixture into slits and all over lamb. Marinate lamb at room temperature 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Lightly pat lamb dry. On a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals grill lamb about 10 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer horizontally inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125°F for medium-rare. (Alternatively, roast lamb in a roasting pan in middle of a 425°F oven about 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer horizontally inserted into meat registers 125°F for medium-rare.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board. Halve and seed lemon. Squeeze juice over lamb and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 15 minutes.
- Cut lamb into slices and serve with any juices that have accumulated on cutting board.
ROLLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH HERBS AND PRESERVED LEMONS
The lamb needs to marinate overnight, so prepare it the day before. Preserved lemons have been stored in jars of lemon juice and salt for at least a month. They have a silkier texture and a less sour flavor than regular lemons.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut 1 preserved lemon in half; remove and discard seeds. Coarsely chop lemon; transfer to a food processor. Add rosemary, mint, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Process until coarsely ground. With processor running, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream; process until a thick paste forms.
- Spread herb mixture all over lamb; transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Cut remaining preserved lemon into paper-thin rounds; discard seeds. Arrange rounds over one side of lamb. Starting from one narrow end, roll up lamb. Using kitchen twine, tie lamb crosswise at 1-inch intervals. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer lamb to a roasting pan just large enough to hold it. Roast 25 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water to pan; reduce heat to 400 degrees. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 120 degrees (for medium-rare), about 35 minutes.
- Tent with foil. Let rest 25 minutes (internal temperature will rise). Transfer to a cutting board; remove twine. Cut into thin slices. Serve with lemon wedges.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERB LEMON MARINADE
This is really the only recipe I use when I grill a leg of lamb. Plan ahead, the lamb needs to marinate 24 hours or overnight. This marinade can also be used for lamb chops. A butterflied leg of lamb is with the bones removed and cut to spread open, you can ask your butcher to remove the bones and butterfly it for you. If you prefer a more lemony taste then thinly slice half of another lemon, leave the peel on, and just throw the slices inside the bag or bowl with along with the other marinade. If desired you can also stuff the lamb with garlic cloves as well as adding the minced garlic in with the marinade. Grilling time depends on size of lamb. This recipe produces an excellent grilled lamb that melts in your mouth, try to not overcook the lamb, for best results leave slightly pink in the middle.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Place the lamb in a extra large heavy-duty plastic bag or glass bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb, and turn to coat well on all sides.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (if using a glass bowl).
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 24 hours (turning occasionally to distribute marinade).
- When ready to grill, remove from fridge and save marinade for basting if desired.
- Turn the grill to high heat.
- Sear both sides for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium heat and finish cooking the lamb.
- You may baste the lamb with the leftover marinade if desired.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH LEMON, HERBS AND GARLIC
I went to a cookout last weekend and this was the main dish. This lamb was perhaps the best I've ever tasted. Juicy, succulent, and full of flavor thanks to the herbs garlic and lemon. I begged the host for the recipe, and here it is for you. Note: I would cook this a little longer for medium meat...just my preference. Also, you might want to secure the meat lengthwise with 2 skewers and widthwise with 2 skewers so it doesn't fall apart on the grill.
Provided by yooper
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make herb rub: Finely chop garlic and in a small bowl stir together with remaining herb-rub ingredients.
- Put lamb in a large dish and with tip of a sharp knife held at a 45=degree angle cut 1/2-inch-deep slits all over lamb, rubbing herb mixture into slits and all over lamb.
- Marinate lamb at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Lightly pat lamb dry.
- On a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals grill lamb about 10 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125 for medium-rare.
- (Alternately, roast lamb in a roasting pan in middle of a 425 oven about 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer horizontally inserted into meat registers 125 for medium-rare.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board.
- Halve and seed lemon.
- Squeeze juice over lamb and let stand, loosely covered with foil 15 minutes.
- Cut lamb into slices and serve with any juices that have accumulated on cutting board.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 851, Fat 58.7, SaturatedFat 23.7, Cholesterol 265.9, Sodium 1099.8, Carbohydrate 2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.2, Protein 74.1
BROILED AND SLOW-ROASTED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH CUMIN AND GARLIC
Who says making a feast has to take forever? For large gatherings like Passover and Easter, leg of lamb is the roast of choice, and arranged on a platter garnished with herbs, it makes a stunning centerpiece. Buying leg of lamb butterflied from the butcher will leave you time to socialize while it is slow-roasting without worrying about uneven cooking.
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano; spread paste on both sides of the lamb and let stand for an hour until meat comes to room temperature.
- Adjust oven rack to upper or upper-middle position (depending on lamb's thickness) and preheat broiler on high for at least 10 minutes.
- Place lamb, cut side up, on a large wire rack set over a foil-lined roasting pan. Broil, moving pan so entire surface browns evenly, about 8 minutes. Turn lamb over; continue to broil until well browned on the other side, about 8 minutes longer. Turn off broiler, remove lamb from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Stick a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the lamb; return it to the oven. Roast for a total of 50 minutes to 1 hour, until thermometer registers a rosy-pink 140 degrees. Check lamb several times after 30 minutes. If lamb gets done sooner, simply turn down oven to 170 degrees until ready to serve.
- As soon as lamb comes out of the oven, squeeze on lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Carve, slicing across the grain when possible. Arrange on a platter, drizzle with accumulated juices, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Cholesterol 105.6 mg, Fat 22.8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 29.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 493.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "herbed and butterflied leg of lamb recipes"
HERBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | NEW ZEALAND …
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
HERB STUFFED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - RECIPES
MOROCCAN BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HERBED LEG OF LAMB WITH OLIVE BUTTER AND ROASTED TOMATOES RECIPE
HERB STUFFED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUTTERFLY LEG OF LAMB WITH A HERB CRUST AND SALSA VERDE
HERBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HERB-CRUSTED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - VALERIA HUNEEUS | FOOD & WINE
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF AMERICAN LAMB WITH HERBS - SUPERIOR FARMS
ROASTED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HERBED AND BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - PLAIN.RECIPES
HERB ROASTED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - A YEAR AT THE TABLE
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - JAZERTALARAB.COM
GREEK BUTTERFLIED LAMB LEG | RECIPETIN EATS
BUTTERFLIED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
HERB STUFFED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF COASTAL LAMB
HERB AND GARLIC ROASTED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF AMERICAN LAMB WITH HERBS | FOOD CHANNEL
HERB-MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
HERBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - PREVENTION.COM
LEG OF LAMB WITH HERB BUTTER - LODGE CAST IRON
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH HERB BUTTER (RECIPE) - THEONLINEGRILL.COM
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH A HERB RUB
HERBED AND BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE
BEST HERB-ROASTED LEG OF LAMB RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
LEMON-HERB RUBBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH BREAD SALAD
GREEK-STYLE BUTTERFLIED LEG OF AMERICAN LAMB WITH FETA SAUCE
BUTTERFLIED LAMB LEG WITH LEMON AND HERB CREAM RECIPE
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | LAMB RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
HERBED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - BIGOVEN
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH HERB, LEMON & YOGURT MARINADE
HERBED LEG OF LAMB | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
ROAST BUTTERFLIED LAMB - THERESCIPES.INFO
GREEK-STYLE BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE — THE MOM 100
OVEN ROASTED BUTTERFLIED LAMB RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MUSTARD AND HERB ROASTED LEG OF LAMB - THE HUNGRY BLUEBIRD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is butterflied herb roasted leg of lamb?Butterflied herb roasted leg of lamb. The rich, succulent flavor of lamb is enhanced with a herb rub of rosemary, mint and garlic then roasted in a hot oven.
How long does it take to cook a butterflied leg of lamb?Since the bone is removed and the meat lays flat, a butterflied leg of lamb cooks fairly quick. It will only take 25 to 35 minutes to roast this butterflied leg of lamb at 425°F. The time will vary slightly depending on the thickness of the lamb and how “done” you like it.
How to cook Lamb in the oven?Pat lamb dry with paper towels and place it on a rimmed baking sheet. In a bowl, combine oil, herbs, orange zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub mixture all over lamb. Cover with foil and let marinate at room temperature for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Remove foil and transfer lamb to oven.
How do you cook lamb with garlic and parsley?Whisk together olive oil, parsley, rosemary, thyme and orange juice and zest; set aside. Put lamb in a shallow dish or on a platter with the cut side (where the bone was removed) up; with the tip of a paring knife, make as many pokes in the meat as you have garlic slivers, poking deep enough so that the garlic slivers will be submerged in the meat.