HERB-SCENTED ROAST TURKEY WITH CORNBREAD STUFFING
Rosemary, sage and garlic enhance an American Thanksgiving favorite. Served with herb-scented corn bread stuffing, the fragrant flavor is complete!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 325°F. In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook celery and onion in butter about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender; remove from heat. In large bowl, mix celery mixture and remaining stuffing ingredients until well blended.
- Stuff turkey just before roasting, not ahead of time. Fill wishbone area lightly with stuffing. Fasten neck skin to back with skewer. Fold wings across back with tips touching. Fill body cavity lightly. (Do not pack--stuffing will expand while cooking.) Tuck drumsticks under band of skin at tail, or tie together with heavy string, then tie to tail.
- In small bowl, mix rosemary, 1 tablespoon sage, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the garlic; rub into turkey skin. Place turkey, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with 1/4 cup butter. Do not add water. Place meat thermometer in thickest part of inside thigh muscle so thermometer does not touch bone.
- Roast uncovered 4 to 5 hours, brushing with pan juices every 30 minutes, until thermometer reads 165°F and drumsticks move easily when lifted or twisted. Thermometer placed in center of stuffing should read 165°F.
- Place foil loosely over turkey when it begins to turns golden. When turkey is two-thirds done, cut band of skin, or remove string or skewer holding legs. When turkey is done, place on warm platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Let stand about 20 minutes for easiest carving. While turkey is standing, prepare Foolproof Gravy if desired.
- To serve, garnish turkey with fresh herb sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 180 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 48 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 920 mg
HIDDEN VALLEY ® HOLIDAY TURKEY
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter together with one of the packets of seasoning mix until well blended.
- With clean hands, carefully separate the breast skin from the breast by moving your hand underneath the skin. Spread the butter mixture evenly under the skin. Sprinkle the remaining packet of seasoning mix all over the turkey.
- Roast the turkey covered for 3 hours, then uncover and cook for another 30 minutes or until juices run clear and an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 9530.6, Fat 529, SaturatedFat 181.4, Cholesterol 3948.7, Sodium 3553.7, Carbohydrate 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 1113.5
HIDDEN VALLEY® CRESCENT ROLLS
- Separate dough. Cut in half lengthwise to make 16 crescents. Beat yolk with water. Brush on dough. Sprinkle with dressing mix. Roll up in crescent shape. Brush with egg mixture. Bake on greased cookie sheet in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 11-13 minutes, or until brown.
NEELY'S HOLIDAY CORNBREAD STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp. Turn heat down and add onions and celery; saute until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the thyme and sage and saute until fragrant. Stir in pecans.
- In a large bowl, add the cornbread mix, bacon and vegetables, and stir in the chicken broth. Add to a 13 by 9 by 2-inch casserole dish. Add butter slices to the top of the casserole and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and cook until top is crisp, about 15 more minutes.
TURKEY WITH CORNBREAD STUFFING AND GRAVY
- Rinse the turkey in clean water and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the gizzards and neck.
- Place gizzards and neck into a pan of water and bring to a simmer to create broth for gravy. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from the heat, strain, and reserve.
- Meanwhile, make cornbread from mix, according to package directions. Crumble cornbread into small pieces and lay onto a cookie sheet to air dry.
- In a bowl, combine celery and green onions with air-dried cornbread. Add poultry seasoning and soup, but no water. Mix together thoroughly and place inside turkey cavities.
- Generously cover bird completely with softened butter, tent with aluminum foil and bake according to package instructions for bird's weight. One hour before bird is finished cooking, remove foil and baste. This will allow skin to become crispy and brown without burning.
- The turkey is done when the internal temperature registers 170 degrees F deep in the thigh, and juices run clear when flesh is pierced. The temperature of the stuffing should be 160 degrees F in the center.
- Remove bird from oven, place on serving platter, and tent with foil. Let turkey rest for about 15 minutes so the temperature of the stuffing will reach 165 in the center and the temperature in the thigh will rise to 180 degrees F.
- Start gravy. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil, add the flour and brown deeply, stirring constantly over medium-low heat. Add turkey drippings and whisk until thickened. Add gizzard broth and simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove stuffing from bird and place in serving bowl. Carve turkey and plate with stuffing and gravy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter and sweet vegetables until tender. Add ham and cook over low heat for 2 more minutes. Set aside to slightly cool. Whisk together eggs, stock, cream and herbs and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Combine all items, including cornbread, in a 4-quart lasagna pan and cook covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 20 minutes or until crusty.
ORIGINAL RANCH ROASTED POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a 1-gallon-size Glad® Zipper Bag and add oil; seal bag. Toss to coat.
- Add Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix and toss again until coated. Bake in ungreased baking pan for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are brown and crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Carbohydrate 36.2 g, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 26.3 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
TURKEY WITH CORNBREAD DRESSING
Nothing gets family hanging around the kitchen like the aroma of a turkey stuffed with savory dressing roasting in the oven. Drizzled with hot gravy, it tastes even better than it smells!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Place in a large bowl with cornbread, crumbs, sage and poultry seasoning. Combine egg substitute and broth; add to cornbread mixture, stirring gently to mix., Just before baking, stuff the body cavity and inside the neck with dressing. Skewer or fasten openings. Tie the drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of aluminum foil. When turkey is done, allow to stand for 20 minutes. Remove all dressing to a serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 663 calories, Fat 25g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 202mg cholesterol, Sodium 845mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 72g protein.
TURKEY WITH SAUSAGE-CORNBREAD STUFFING
Complement your bird with this savory stuffing from June Kathrein of Delta, Colorado. "I've made this recipe for many potlucks and church suppers, and everyone raves about it...even those who usually don't like stuffing," says June.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (16 cups stuffing).
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. , In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, saute the celery, onions, mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, seasonings and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cut cornbread into 1/2-in. cubes; fold into sausage mixture. , Just before baking, loosely stuff the turkey. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking., Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with melted butter. , Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-3/4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings (cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly). , Bake additional stuffing, covered, for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cover turkey with foil and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "holiday hidden valley ranch roasted turkey with cornbread stuffing recipes"
TURKEY & STUFFING BAKE RECIPE | HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH
5/5 Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- In a large skillet, melt the ¼ cup butter over medium-high heat. Add mirepoix and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the dressing, along with ¾ cup water. Fold in the turkey, stuffing mix, and dried cranberries until thoroughly moistened.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake uncovered until browned and heated through, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
HIDDEN VALLEY HOLIDAY TURKEY RECIPE | HIDDEN VALLEY® …
5/5 Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 45 mins
POWDER RANCH DRESSING RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CORNBREAD STUFFING MIX RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PINTEREST TURKEY STUFFING RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH RECIPES | HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH - PINTEREST
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH TURKEY - VEGETABLE SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH CHICKEN LEGS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
TURKEY RECIPES | HIDDEN VALLEY®
HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH + KINGSFORD GRILLING RECIPE COLLECTION
RANCH TURKEY RECIPE - BEST THANKSGIVING TURKEY RUB - DELISH
THANKSGIVING - HIDDEN VALLEY® RANCH
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
HIDDEN VALLEY® | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE FOR ROAST TURKEY WITH CORNBREAD-AND-SAUSAGE STUFFING
RANCH TURKEY - HIDDEN VALLEY
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH ON ROAST RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
BUTTER RECIPES AND COOKING WITH BUTTER - PAGE 26
HOW TO MAKE SPATCHCOCK RANCH TURKEY AND CORNBREAD STUFFING
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH SHRIMP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH POT ROAST RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
12 WAYS YOU NEVER THOUGHT TO USE HIDDEN VALLEY® ORIGINAL …
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GRAHAM CRUSTED PORK CHOPS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
CHICKEN RECIPES USING RANCH SEASONING
RECIPE: HIDDEN VALLEY TORTA (USING RANCH DRESSING MIX AND CREAM …
57 BEST HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
SLOW COOKER RANCH CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE - MOMTASTIC
SEMI-HOMEMADE STUFFING RECIPE ~ NOREEN'S KITCHEN - PINTEREST
25 CLASSIC THANKSGIVING RECIPES - SWANKY RECIPES
LOADED HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DIP RECIPE WITH BACON AND CHEESE
RANCH - HIDDEN VALLEY RESTAURANT STYLE - PLAYFUL COOKING
GRILLED RANCH PORK CHOPS WITH PEACH JALAPEñO SALSA | HIDDEN …
HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH APPETIZER RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST …
WE MADE LOADED HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DIP—AND THIS RECIPE IS AN …
TURKEY GROUND BEEF DRESSING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
76 DINNER ROLLS RECIPE IDEAS | DINNER ROLLS RECIPE, HIDDEN VALLEY ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook turkey stuffing with cornbread?Stir in broth, seasonings and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cut cornbread into 1/2-in. cubes; fold into sausage mixture. Just before baking, loosely stuff the turkey. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; cover and refrigerate.
How do you cook a turkey breast with butter and ranch?Mix butter and ranch seasoning until it forms a paste. Spread butter under the skin of the turkey as much as you can, as well as on top of it. Place turkey breast-side up on a rack within the roasting pan.
What is in a Hidden Valley ranch dip?Jazz up your party's spread with this loaded Hidden Valley Ranch Dip recipe. A packet of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning and a container of sour cream. It’s a reliable, simple dip recipe that has been a mainstay at potlucks, parties and holiday gatherings for decades.
How to cook a Turkey in the oven with dressing?Directions. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of aluminum foil. When turkey is done, allow to stand for 20 minutes. Remove all dressing to a serving bowl.