OLD BAY SEASONING(COPYCAT)
This was adapted from Aliza Green from Field Guide to Herbs & Spices. A little different from the recipes already here. Traditionally, this seasoning is used for steamed crabs, but is now used for fish, potato salad, potatoes, and other vegetables. This would also make a great gift, along with some recipes! Enjoy!
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight jar, mix thoroughly.
- Keep sealed until ready to use.
- To give as a gift, place in a pretty jar, along with some recipes. This would look nice in a basket, maybe with some measuring spoons, and ingredients for one of the recipes you give. Enjoy!
JAN'S OLD BAY SEASONING SUBSTITUTE
- Whisk celery salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, mustard, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, cloves, and ginger together in a bowl. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3 calories, Carbohydrate 0.4 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 593.7 mg
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING MIX
This spice blend is PERFECT to use when your recipe calls for 'Old Bay Seasoning', but you don't have any! I've used this many times and I love it! These are ingredients that you probably already have in your spice cabinet!
Provided by Lillian Russo
Categories Seasoning Mixes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Mix all ingredients together and use in place of 'Old Bay Seasoning' in any recipe!
- 2. Store leftover spice blend in an airtight container.
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE
- Combine thoroughly and store in sealed container
HOMEMADE ESSENTIALS: OLD BAY SEASONING MIX
I love creating my own spice mixes; not only does it give you control over the ingredients, and keeps out the chemicals and preservatives, in addition you can tweak it to fit your individual tastes. Recipes for Old Bay include most of the same ingredients... It is the proportions that make each mix unique. This is my unique...
Provided by Andy Anderson !
Categories Seasoning Mixes
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1. PREP/PREPARE
- 2. Gather your ingredients (mise en place).
- 3. Grind the top three spices, and then combine them with the others.
- 4. Store in a glass jar in a cool dry place.
- 5. PLATE/PRESENT
- 6. Use in any recipe that calls for Old Bay seasoning. Enjoy.
- 7. Keep the faith, and keep cooking.
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING
Old Bay Seasoning is the brand name of a blend of herbs and spices produced in Maryland by McCormick & Co. It is often used in crab recipes along the Atlantic coast.
Provided by Asha Gomez
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container. This seasoning blend will keep indefinitely.
More about "homemade old bay seasoning recipes"
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
5/5 (3)Total Time 5 minsCategory Kitchen StaplesCalories 21 per serving
- Store in an airtight container in your spice cabinet. Spices don't technically expire, but their flavors will diminish over time.
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (8)Total Time 5 minsCategory CondimentsCalories 7 per serving
- Stir together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Transfer to a container of some sort that has a tight-fitting lid—a glass jar with a screw-top lid works spectacularly.
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
Servings 3Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Main Dish, Side DishTotal Time 2 mins
TOG'S HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE - THIS OLD GAL
5/5 (4)Servings 4Cuisine American, FrenchCategory Condiment
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 minsCategory Condiment, SpiceCalories 6 per serving
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
Ratings 7Calories 3 per servingCategory Condiments
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING WITH OLD BAY - THE CHAMPAGNE DOCTOR
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 5 minsCategory CondimentCalories 15 per serving
- Add all ingredients to a small jar, bowl, or zip top plastic bag. Mix together and store, sealed, up to 6 months.
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING - MOM ON TIMEOUT
OLD BAY SEASONING SUBSTITUTE – A COUPLE COOKS
Reviews 2Category SeasoningCuisine SpicesEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
THE BEST OLD BAY RECIPES · THE TYPICAL MOM
Cuisine AmericanCategory DipServings 8Calories 1 per serving
OLD BAY-STYLE SEASONING MIX RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 145Calories 3 per servingCategory Spice Mix
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING - HOME IN THE FINGER LAKES
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OLD BAY SEASONING | RECIPE | HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING ...
Servings 4Total Time 5 mins
OLD BAY SEASONING - THE DARING GOURMET
5/5 (26)Total Time 5 minsCategory Condiment, Seasoning, Spice BlendCalories 6 per serving
OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE | A MIND "FULL" MOM
5/5 (7)Category Condiment, Spice BlendCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 mins
OLD BAY® HOT CRAB DIP RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine CoastalCategory Dips And SpreadsServings 28
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE - SIMPLE JOY
5/5 (2)Category CondimentCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
OLD BAY SEASONING RECIPE | THE CLASSIC AMERICAN MIX FOR ...
RECIPES | OLD BAY - SPICES, SEASONING, RECIPE IDEAS ...
OLD BAY SEASONING HOT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING - GRANDMOTHERS KITCHEN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE OLD BAY SEASONING | RECCIPEE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can You Make your own Old Bay seasoning mix?Make your own homemade Old Bay Seasoning mix using the spices in your pantry! This version allows you to control the salt level, making it lower in sodium or even salt-free. It can be used on its own, or as an enhancement to the real stuff so you can amp up the flavor in Old Bay recipes without making them overly salty.
What is copycat Old Bay Seasoning made of?Homemade copycat Old Bay Seasoning made with sweet paprika, celery salt, dry mustard, and a few more secret ingredients. This is a copycat recipe that replicates store-bought Old Bay Seasoning. Perfect for shrimp, crabs, chicken, and vegetables. What is Old Bay Seasoning?
How much Old Bay Seasoning do you put on crab?For every pound of crab you will need 2 teaspoons of this Old Bay Seasoning recipe. Toss 1 pound of shrimp that has shells off but tails still on in 2 teaspoons of homemade Old Bay Seasoning. Bring 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar to a boil.
Can you use Old Bay Seasoning on potatoes?This Homemade Old Bay Seasoning Recipe is not just for Seafood and fish. Try it on Chicken, Potatoes, French Fries and more. Since I was a kid, I have loved Old Bay Seasoning on Blue Crabs and other seafood.