Consider this your new, go-to waffle recipe when you want to start your day off on a sweet note. No fussy steps or unexpected ingredients are required here, which means you can whip these up whenever your cravings hit.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs; pour over flour mixture, and whisk gently to combine (don't overmix). Gently whisk in butter.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, cook waffles until deep brown and crisp. (For a standard waffle iron, pour a generous 1/2 cup of batter into center, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges, and close; waffle will cook in 2 to 3 minutes.) Serve warm, with maple syrup and butter, as desired.
- Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 67.7 mg, Fat 21.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 390 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl until fluffy. Mix in 2 cups milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly pour flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring as you pour. Mix until few to no lumps remain, being careful not to overmix. Add more flour if batter is too thin, or more milk if batter is too sticky or thick.
- Ladle some of the batter onto the preheated waffle iron. Cook until waffle is golden brown and the iron stops steaming, 2 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424 calories, Carbohydrate 44.8 g, Cholesterol 61.1 mg, Fat 22.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 686.8 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
SIMPLE WAFFLES FROM SCRATCH
- Preheat waffle iron and read manufacturer's instructions. Melt butter in microwave. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In another bowl, beat together milk and eggs. Whisk liquid mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in melted butter. Brush hot waffle iron with butter. Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter onto iron and close to cook. This first waffle will be the tester. Cook waffle until golden brown. Remove to plate and keep warm
WAFFLES FROM SCRATCH
On Saturdays, my mom and I always went shopping, but before we left, she made my favorite lunch, homemade waffles from scratch. They were about 8 inches around and prepared in a grill set on top of the stove. Those waffles were so delicious! -Florence Dean, Towson, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 waffles (about 4 inches).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. , In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter. , Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with confectioners' sugar and fruit or serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 674 calories, Fat 31g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 281mg cholesterol, Sodium 1084mg sodium, Carbohydrate 78g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
TRUE BELGIAN WAFFLES
It was on a visit to my husband's relatives in Europe that I was given this Belgian waffle recipe. These homemade waffles are great with any kind of topping: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, fried apples, powdered sugar or whipped topping. -Rose Delemeester, St. Charles, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. , Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 696 calories, Fat 41g fat (25g saturated fat), Cholesterol 193mg cholesterol, Sodium 712mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
THE BEST EVER WAFFLES
Every Sunday morning, my mom and I used to get up early and make these wonderful waffles. This recipe has been in the family for years, and I will definitly be passing it down to my children.
Provided by Cooking to Perfecti
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.
A friend shared this fluffy waffle recipe with me a few years ago. The cinnamon cream syrup is a nice change from maple syrup, and it keeps quite well in the fridge. Our two children also like it on toast. -Amy Gilles, Ellsworth, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 waffles (6-1/2 inches) and 1-2/3 cups syrup.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg yolks, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions., Meanwhile, for syrup, combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Serve with waffles. If desired, serve with fresh berries.Freeze option: Cool waffles on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Reheat waffles in a toaster on medium setting. Or, microwave each waffle on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 344mg sodium, Carbohydrate 71g carbohydrate (41g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
THE BEST BELGIAN WAFFLES
These waffles are super crisp on the outside, light as a feather inside and so scrumptious! Avoid removing them from the waffle iron too soon; they should be a golden brown. Enjoy!
Provided by Marie
Yield 6 waffles, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Oil the waffle maker.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, separate egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk, oil , and vanilla, stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for around 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379 calories, Carbohydrate 47.6 g, Cholesterol 112.8 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 10.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 899.1 mg, Sugar 8.8 g
Easy homemade waffles to make in your waffle maker. Serve with fruit, syrup and sauces, or try mixing it up with savoury toppings for dinner with a difference
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Brunch, Supper, Treat
Yield makes about 10 waffles
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the waffle maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. In a separate large bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate, caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolks and melted butter. Start mixing with a balloon whisk; keep whisking as you slowly add the milk until you get a smooth, thick batter. Carefully fold in the egg whites with a metal spoon.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Use a ladle to pour the batter into your waffle maker and cook for 5 mins or according to the manufacturer's instructions. Repeat until all the batter has been used up, placing your finished waffles onto a baking tray as you go.
- Once all the waffles are made, transfer to the oven for 5 mins to warm through and crisp. Serve with sweet or savoury toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl blend dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients and add to the dry.
- Mix and pour into a hot waffle iron.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.9, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 110.1, Sodium 369, Carbohydrate 66.9, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 12.7, Protein 13.6
More about "homemade waffles recipes"
LIGHT AND CRISPY WAFFLES - INSPIRED TASTE
BEST HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE WAFFLES …
CLASSIC WAFFLE RECIPE | THE BEST & EASIEST HOMEAMDE …
SIMPLY PERFECT HOMEMADE WAFFLES - SEASONS AND …
HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPES - KIDS COOKING ACTIVITIES
FLUFFY HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE (EASY!) - SPEND WITH …
BEST EVER WAFFLES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE: BEST EVER & SO EASY!
HOMEMADE BELGIAN WAFFLE RECIPE - THE SALTY …
PERFECTLY EASY HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE - THE STAY AT …
OUR TOP 10 BEST WAFFLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
FLUFFY HOMEMADE WAFFLES RECIPE (SO EASY!) - GRACE …
WAFFLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE WAFFLES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OLD FASHIONED WAFFLE RECIPES - GRANDMA'S MOST DELICIOUS
EASY WAFFLE RECIPE (FLUFFY AND CRISPY WAFFLES) | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
EASY HOMEMADE WAFFLES MIX RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
HOMEMADE WAFFLES - COPYKAT RECIPES
28 BEST WAFFLE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SOURDOUGH WAFFLES RECIPE - THE BEST WAFFLES IN EXISTENCE
THE BEST WAFFLE RECIPE | MOM ON TIMEOUT
FLUFFY HOMEMADE WAFFLES RECIPE | LIFE, LOVE & SUGAR
HOMEMADE WAFFLES RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
BEST HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE - HANDLE THE HEAT
10 BEST HOMEMADE WAFFLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE WAFFLES | ALLRECIPES
PERFECT EVERY TIME HOMEMADE WAFFLES - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
HOW TO FREEZE HOMEMADE WAFFLES : HOW TO MAKE FROZEN WAFFLES
HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FLUFFY WAFFLE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
HOMEMADE WAFFLES RECIPE (DAIRY FREE) - SIMPLY WHISKED
HOMEMADE WAFFLES - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
HOMEMADE WAFFLE RECIPE - PERFECT EVERY TIME - ALL THINGS MAMMA
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #eggs-dairy #easy #kid-friendly #eggs #dietary
How to Make Perfect Homemade Waffles2M views-03:25
Easy Waffle Recipe | How to Make Homemade Waffles642K views-07:50
Quick and Easy Homemade Waffles Recipe - How to Make Waffles from Scratch660K views-02:05
How to Make the Best Waffles!1.4M views-04:19
Homemade Potato Waffle Recipe430K views-03:54
Belgian Waffle Recipe | How to Make Waffles1.1M views-07:39
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make waffles at home?Instructions 1 Preheat waffle iron. ... 2 In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. ... 3 Whisk the two eggs into the milk until well combined. 4 Pour the wet ingredients (butter, milk/egg mixture, vanilla) into the well of the dry ingredients and whisk until blended. ... More items...
How do you make egg whites for waffles?—Amy Gilles, Ellsworth, Wisconsin In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg yolks, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
What are the ingredients in a waffle recipe?With any kind of quick bread, you start by blending the dry ingredients, then the liquid ingredients, and then you stir everything together and bake it up. So, for this homemade waffle recipe, the dry ingredients are flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Just whisk them all together in a big bowl.
What is the best way to make waffle fries?Preheat waffle griddle. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. This can also be stored and made ahead for later. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.