Stir fries require very little cooking time and you can pretty much use any vegetables you like, but the star of this one is the ginger. This dish is quick and easy to make, but get all of your ingredients together (including mixing the sauce) before you start cooking because everything happens fast! Serve with rice, and garnish with sliced green onions.
Provided by lutzflcat
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken to the wok, and stir-fry until chicken is opaque on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the wok. Add bell pepper, onion, and snow peas; stir-fry until vegetables start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk together water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and garlic in a bowl. Add sauce to the wok, stirring constantly until sauce starts to thicken. Add chicken back to the wok, stir, and reheat, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Cholesterol 65.1 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1336.2 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
PINEAPPLE-GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
I found the original recipe on a can of pineapple slices in the 1980s. After making it for a number of years, I lightened up the ingredients and adapted it to a quick skillet meal. My family gave it a big thumbs-up, and we've enjoyed it this way ever since! -Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, cinnamon and reserved juice until smooth. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan., In same pan, saute onion, ginger and garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan with chicken and pineapple chunks. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes., Serve with rice. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 487mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HONEY-GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
When I was first married, we didn't have a working oven or grill, so I had to use the stovetop for everything. After a few months of the same thing, I needed some new ideas and developed this simple chicken stir-fry. I make half of it when we're home alone and can easily double it for company. -April Walcher, Hutchinson, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside. , Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. , Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 554mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
STIR-FRIED HONEY-GINGER CHICKEN WITH PEPPERS
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, vinegar, and soy sauce. Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat skillet. Add chicken and stir until opaque but not cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, and garlic to skillet and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add peppers and stir 2 minutes. Add soy mixture and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet and toss until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g
STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH HONEY AND GINGER
Courtesy of Kylie Kwong, a nice simple chicken stir-fry. It is important that the chicken is marinated overnight to bring out the most flavour.
Provided by Terese
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine chicken with marinade ingredients in a large bowl and leave to marinade in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat the oil in a hot wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Add half the marinated chicken with the marinade and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from wok and set aside. Add remaining chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return reserve chicken to the wok with the soy sauce and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through and slightly caramelised.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382.1, Fat 15.2, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 166, Sodium 1218.7, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 17.7, Protein 41.2
HONEY-ORANGE CHICKEN STIR-FRY
This delicious stir-fry is perfect for all occasions! You can make it fast plus it is the perfect blend of flavors.
Provided by Katie P
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, carrots, celery, and garlic; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup orange juice, honey, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger in a small bowl; mix until blended. Pour into the chicken mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cook until sauce has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Stir in cashew and more orange juice if too thick. Serve over hot rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 555.8 calories, Carbohydrate 63.2 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 1150.2 mg, Sugar 26.1 g
HONEY GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, stir fry chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add the vegetables and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken juices run clear. Serve with the hot rice.
More about "honey ginger chicken stir fry recipes"
QUICK HONEY GINGER PINEAPPLE AND SUMMER VEGGIE CHICKEN ...
3.8/5 (67)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 434 per serving
- In a bowl or large glass measuring cup combine the ingredients for the sauce. Whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, pineapple juice, rice wine vinegar, warmed creamy peanut butter (if using), hot chili sesame oil, honey, sesame seeds, ginger and garlic.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil and once hot add the cashews along with 1/4 cup of the sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the cashews are lightly toasted and caramelized. Remove the cashews to a plate.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Once hot add the chicken. Stir fry the chicken for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Add a little of the stir fry sauce (maybe 1/2 a cup) and bring it to a boil, cook until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken. Slide the chicken out of the skillet and onto a plate.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add another tablespoon of sesame oil. Once hot add the bok choy and sear on one side for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle with a little sauce and remove from the skillet and set with the chicken. Add the peppers and broccoli. Stir fry the veggies for 5 minutes then add the carrots, zucchini and pineapple. Add a little of the sauce (again maybe 1/2 cup) and cook until the sauce thickens and coats the veggies and the pineapple is beginning to caramelize, about 3 minutes.
QUICK GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE - VEENA AZMANOV
Ratings 13Category Dinner, LunchCuisine AsianTotal Time 20 mins
HONEY GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
5/5 (1)Calories 471 per servingServings 4
SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS CHICKEN STIR FRY - FIT FOODIE FINDS
4.8/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main MealCalories 305 per serving
- First, prepare stir fry sauce by whisking together all ingredients except for the water and cornstarch.
- Next, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. When olive oil is fragrant, add sliced chicken breast to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the stir fry vegetables (except for carrots) and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding the sauce. Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to low/medium, add carrots, and let simmer for 6-8 minutes. If you have really big broccoli florets, you can cover the stir fry and let it steam for 2-3 minutes to cook it faster.
- While chicken stir fry is cooking, make a cornstarch slurry. Whisk cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water until it dissolves. Then, add the cornstarch slurry to the pan and continue cooking over medium heat to activate. It will take 1-2 minutes for the cornstarch to start thickening your sauce.
HONEY GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY - INQUIRING CHEF
4.3/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 416 per serving
- Make sauce by whisking together garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and let cook for a moment without stirring until browned on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Give the chicken a stir and pour in about 3 Tbsp of sauce (it doesn’t have to be super precise, so you can just estimate it by tipping in about a quarter of the sauce). Cook chicken in sauce, stirring frequently until chicken is well coated and looks sticky with sauce.
HONEY CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE - WOOLWORTHS
Cuisine AsianCategory MainsServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Combine chicken, soy, honey, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in a snap lock bag. Seal and rub together to combine ingredients and coat chicken. Remove as much air from the bag as possible and reseal. Label and date bag and refrigerate overnight to marinate. Transfer to freezer, lying flat to reduce space. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Defrost bag with chicken in fridge overnight. Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Transfer chicken to wok, reserving marinade. Stir-fry in batches, tossing often, for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Add frozen vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add reserved marinade to wok. Cook for 2 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
HONEY SOY CHICKEN STIR FRY - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (3)Category Main CourseCuisine AsianTotal Time 30 mins
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the pan in a single layer and cook until browned. You may need to work in batches.
HEALTHY CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.7/5 (11)Category ChickenServings 4Total Time 32 mins
- In a large, 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat one teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Pat the chicken pieces dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in a single layer in the hot skillet, flipping once or twice, until golden on each side, 2-3 minutes. Scrape the chicken to a plate and set aside (it will finish cooking in a next step).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the skillet and add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, for about a minute until the mixture smells fragrant. Add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes, until the asparagus is bright green and the mushrooms have started to brown and soften.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and whisk into the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce is has thickened slightly.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (134)Calories 263 per servingCategory Main
- Add the broccoli and carrots and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
20 MINUTE STIR FRIED HONEY GINGER ... - HALF BAKED HARVEST
4.5/5 (244)Total Time 20 minsServings 6Calories 443 per serving
EASY STIR-FRIED CHICKEN WITH GINGER AND SCALLIONS RECIPE
4.5/5 (6)Category MainsCuisine ChineseTotal Time 45 mins
HONEY & GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE | ABEL & COLE
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsServings 2
HONEY-GINGER CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE
CHICKEN STIR FRY MARINADE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CHICKEN MANGO STIR FRY - THE WEIGH WE WERE
BEST CHINESE STIR FRY SAUCE — SAM THE COOKING GUY | STIR ...
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH THE BEST SAUCE!
10 BEST GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY CHINESE RECIPES - YUMMLY
HONEY GINGER CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY - I WASH YOU DRY - MASTERCOOK
KUNG PAO CHICKEN STIR FRY (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #vegetables #easy #chicken #dietary #stir-fry #meat #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken stir fry with honey?Directions In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir honey mixture and stir into chicken mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and chicken is no longer pink.
How to make chicken stir fry with vegetables?–April Walcher, Hutchinson, Kansas In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables and water chestnuts; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
What goes well with ginger and Honey in stir fry?Honey and ginger are a classic combination and so is ginger with chicken in a stir-fry. The warmth of ginger in meat dishes can really add so much umami to the dish. And yet, this is not your regular stir fry recipe, it's even better.
How to cook chicken and peppers for stir fry?Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat skillet. Add chicken and stir until opaque but not cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, and garlic to skillet and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add peppers and stir 2 minutes. Add soy mixture and bring to a boil.