CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE
Chilli con carne made with diced beef rather than minced beef.
Provided by p3browning
Yield Serves 5
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Saute the onion in the olive oil with the garlic powder (about 5 mins).
- Add the diced beef and cook for 5 mins until browned.
- Add the cumin, mild chilli powder and liquid from the kidney beans and stir. Cook for a few mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, red kidney beans and grated carrot and simmer covered for 20 mins. Mix the flour with some water to make a liquid and stir into the sauce. Serve with rice, jacket potato, chips or tortillas or whatever you like to eat your chilli with!
CHUNKY BEEF CHILI
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pot and sear the chuck roast until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pot, then add the ground beef. Cook until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then return the chuck roast back to the pot with the beer and tomatoes.
- Using scissors, snip the guajillo chiles into small strips. Add to the mixture and bring to a boil. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano and 2 tablespoons salt, then reduce to a simmer and cook for an additional 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Mix the masa with enough water to form a paste, then add it to the pot. Add the pinto and kidney beans and cook until the chili thickens, 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with fixings such as pico de gallo, sour cream and lime wedges.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and saute until softened. Crumble in the ground beef and cook until browned. Add beans and marinara sauce and combine thoroughly. Stir in chili seasoning, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon into individual bowls and garnish with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and chives.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the salt and pepper to the flour in a bowl and mix. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper, then toss in the flour. When the butter has melted and the oil is hot, add the meat to the pot and brown on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add the garlic and stir. Dump in the tomato sauce, chili powders, cumin and hot sauce and stir to combine. Add the beer, beans and 1 cup hot water. Allow to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sour cream, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve the chili topped with the chipotle cream. Garnish with the diced red onion and cilantro.
AWARD WINNING CHILI CON CARNE
This chili recipe is many years in the making and I have won several awards with it. I think you'll be pleased with it. You can alter it to your own spice levels to achieve your perfect chili. Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese, and use corn chips for dipping.
Provided by CHEFJIMMY
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook green pepper, and onion, until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Crumble over bouillon cubes, and stir in wine; continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes, garlic, and tomato paste. Season with paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, and parsley. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans, and hot pepper sauce. You can add the reserved tomato juice if more liquid is needed. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, and water until smooth. Stir into chili, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until chili has thickened up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.6 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 85.8 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 1211.6 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
CHUNKY STEAK CHILI
I love to cook and bake, especially when our children and grandchildren are here. After spending time outdoors, this chili warms up the coldest winter evening!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large heavy saucepan, brown meat in oil. Stir in the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. , Stir in beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking. If desired, serve in bread bowls by hollowing out rolls and spooning chili into center.
Nutrition Facts :
THICK & CHUNKY BEEF CHILI
Hearty, flavorful ingredients and a thick, rich sauce make this a satisfying chili that's sure to win compliments on your cooking. It's a great way to serve a crowd during the big game or to warm up on a chilly evening. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings. , Brown beef in drippings. Add onion; cook until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return bacon to pan. Stir in the next 12 ingredients. , Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 3 hours. , Add beans and heat through. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 1001mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
THICK CHILI CON CARNE
Zesty "south of the border" specialty. This is the recipe for chili my mother has always used. It's not too hot and not too mild. It's just right. I entered it into a chili cookoff once and it won first place.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook ground beef and onion in 3 T hot butter until browned.
- Add the kidney beans and tomato soup and cook 10 minutes.
- Combine the chili powder, flour, water and salt and make into paste. Blend into ground beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, 45 minutes. Depending on your taste, feel free to add more or less chili powder. Serve hot -- with crackers or warm bread.
- If you like your chili less thick, just add the chili powder in step three and omit the flour, water and salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.2, Fat 13.8, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 50, Sodium 841.1, Carbohydrate 21.2, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 6, Protein 15.9
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef and onion, stirring to separate meat.
- Spoon off fat.
- Add soup, water, beans, vinegar and chilies.
- Reduce heat to low and heat through.
- Last half hour add tomato paste and heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 588.8, Fat 19, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 1573.7, Carbohydrate 71.7, Fiber 15.4, Sugar 29, Protein 38.5
I absolutely love a chilli con carne, and this recipe uses steak which falls apart once cooked instead of mince. A great one for those who hate red kidney beans too!
Provided by naomihaf
Yield Serves 3
Number Of Ingredients 35
- Fry the onion over a medium-high heat in a drizzle of olive oil for 5 mins until softening. Add the steak and brown all over.
- Throw in the chopped peppers and the garlic - give everything a good mix.
- Stir in the spices & make sure everything is coated. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, passata, tomato purée, stock cube & water and bring to the boil. Once bubbling, reduce the heat, pop a lid on the pan & simmer for 40-50 mins until thickened.
- Cook your rice according to packet instructions. Serve the chilli over the rice with the sliced spring onions & fresh chilli, coriander leaves, grated cheese, soured cream, guacamole & squeeze of lime juice.
- I like to bake sliced tortilla wraps in the oven for 10 mins at 180°C with a drizzle of olive oil & sea salt for an extra side dish to mop up the sauce!
More about "chunky chili con carne recipes"
CHUNKY BEEF CHILI RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Servings 9Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
- Brown meat, in batches, in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove meat, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Add chili powder to Dutch oven; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 5 minutes.
- Return beef to Dutch oven. Stir in beef broth and next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with cornbread sticks, if desired, and desired toppings.
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE - WOMAN'S WORLD
Cuisine Tex-MexTotal Time 4 hrsCategory Dinner
CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE SLOW COOKER RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
BLW CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
SLOW COOKED CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
SIMPLE CHILLI CON CARNE | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
HAIRY BIKERS CHILLI CON CARNE | HAIRY BIKERS KITCHENWARE | BLOG
SLOW COOKED CHUNKY BEEF CHILLI - EASY PEASY FOODIE
TEXAS-STYLE CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CHUNKY BEEF CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE AND SMASHED ROOTS
CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE / RIVERFORD
CHUNKY CHILLI - BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHUNKY CHIPOTLE CHILI CON CARNE - A DAY IN THE KITCHEN
CHILLI CON CARNE | RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW COOKER SHREDDED BEEF CHILI - RECIPETIN EATS
CHILI CON CARNE (TEXAS BEEF CHILI) - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOW TO MAKE THICK & CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE - RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE - COMMUNITY FOR SLOW COOKER RECIPES
EASY CHUNKY CHILI RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
THICK AND CHUNKY CHILI WITH SIRLOIN RECIPE
STEW MEAT CHILI - CHILI CON CARNE - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SLOW COOKER CHUNKY BEEF CHILI - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE - PLAIN.RECIPES
FOOD LAB CHILI CON CARNE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE CHUNKY CHUCK ROAST CHILI (DUTCH OVEN)
CLASSIC CHUNKY BEEF CHILI - RECIPES | BLUE JEAN CHEF
CHUNKY CHILLI CON CARNE WITH TOASTED TORTILLA STRIPS - WAITROSE
CHUNKY CHILI (CON CARNE) - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RANCHER'S TEXAS CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE) RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE
CHUNKY CHILI CON CARNE | CANADIAN LIVING
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #beef #american #mexican #chili #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is chunky chunky chilli con carne?Chunky Chilli con Carne | BBC Good Food Chilli con carne made with diced beef rather than minced beef. Chilli con carne made with diced beef rather than minced beef. Subscriber club Reader offers
How do you cook chilli con carne?Use chunks of stewing beef in this healthy chilli con carne for a robust and filling dish. Serve with rice and coriander Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the beef pieces for a few mins on each side until browned all over. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
What to eat with chilli con carne?Use chunks of stewing beef in this healthy chilli con carne for a robust and filling dish. Serve with rice and coriander Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the beef pieces for a few mins on each side until browned all over.
How do you make Texas style chili?Texas-Style Chili recipe is thick and meaty, smoky and spicy. Combine seasoning mix in a mixing bowl and set aside. Season meat with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot and heat over MED HIGH heat. Once hot, add 1/3 of the beef and sear for 2 minutes, without stirring.