HONEY-ORANGE BAKED FRENCH TOAST
I've seen other baked French Toast and other Orange French Toast recipes on the 'zaar, but I haven't seen any quite like this one. I got it from my sister. It is great to feed a larger group and can be made the night before. The orange and honey flavors meld very well in this nice French Toast. Even better, it doesn't need butter or syrup at the table.
Provided by Anissa Wolf
Yield 6 slices French Toast, 3-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- MAKE HONEY SAUCE:.
- 1. Microwave: Measure honey into a small microwavable cup or bowl. Add cinnamon (you don't need to stir it in yet) and cut butter into chunks on top. Microwave honey and butter for about 60 seconds on medium (60-70% power). Stir until butter is completely melted.
- 2. Stovetop: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low to medium heat, then mix in honey and cinnamon, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- PREPARE THE PAN:.
- 3. Lightly grease the sides of a 9x13 pan or baking dish. You may omit this step but it will help the slices come out neatly when serving.
- 4. Pour honey sauce into the 9x13 pan and tilt the pan around until sauce evenly covers bottom.
- PREPARE THE BREAD:.
- 5. Break eggs into a shallow dish (a pie pan works perfectly) and lightly beat with a fork to break the yolks. Add orange juice and beat thoroughly with a fork.
- 6. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, covering both sides. Allow any excess egg to run back into the dish. Place bread on sauce in pan, allowing slices to touch on all sides but not overlap one another.
- 7. Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until nicely golden.
- 8. "Cut" along the edges of the pan and between each slice of bread with a turner, then turn each slice out of the pan and onto a plate with the honey side on top. The honey sauce will have baked into the bread, but if there is any left in the pan spoon it on the top (it will be very thick).
- NOTES: You can also prepare up through step 6 the night before. Cover and refrigerate the dish, then bake in the morning. Be sure to use a metal pan and not glass or ceramic if you do this.
- It isn't as pretty, but I often use leftover hamburger or hotdog buns for this recipe. I prefer the "crust" side down in the honey, but my sweetie prefers the "cut" side down so that there is more texture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423.8, Fat 21.8, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 226.7, Sodium 463, Carbohydrate 47.6, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 23.1, Protein 10.6
CRUNCHY ORANGE FRENCH TOAST
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Fit a baking sheet with a wire rack. Heat a griddle pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Zest the orange and set aside. Working over a medium bowl, segment the orange; squeeze the juice from the remaining orange membranes.
- Whisk the eggs, orange zest, milk, cinnamon and orange juice in a baking dish or shallow bowl. Add the cornflakes and bacon to another baking dish and toss together. Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture and let them soak for 1 minute.
- While the bread is soaking, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter on the griddle pan or skillet.
- Working with one slice of bread at a time, let the excess egg mixture drip off and then dredge the bread in the cornflake mixture. Add the bread to the griddle, carefully placing as many slices of bread as can comfortably fit without touching too much (it's OK if the edges need to touch a little). You can dredge the bread, transfer it to an unlined baking sheet and hold for 5 minutes while one batch is cooking.
- Cook on one side, rotating occasionally, until the bottom is golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until it is equally browned, another 2 minutes. Transfer the slices to the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you complete the next batches. Repeat the cooking process, melting 2 tablespoons of butter for each batch.
- When all of the French toast is cooked and you are ready to serve, gently stir together the maple syrup and orange segments, making sure not to break up the segments. Spoon the syrup over the French toast and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately.
HINT-OF-ORANGE FRENCH TOAST
"Our daughter and son-in-law have their own sugar works in Vermont, so we always have a supply of maple syrup, which makes this breakfast favorite even better," notes Donna Warner of Tavares, Florida. "This recipe can be expanded to feed a crowd, too."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the bread in an 11x7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla. Pour over bread; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight., In a large skillet, cook French toast in butter over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 1006mg sodium, Carbohydrate 71g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
HONEY BAKED FRENCH TOAST
This has to be my favorite way to make french toast. The HONEY makes the recipe!! Use a dense French or Italian bread with this, it works out much better. From One Bite Won't Kill You cookbook.
Provided by Andeey
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the butter and honey into a 9 x 13 inch non reactive baking dish. Heat them in the oven until the butter is melted and the honey is bubbling. Take them out of the oven and stir well.
- Whisk together the juice, eggs, spices, and salt in another baking dish. Dip each slice of bread in the juice mixture, turning it once to coat well, and then carefully set the pieces of bread in the honey-buttered pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until well browned. Don't flip the bread over during baking -- flip it over so the honey-butter side is up when you serve it though.
ORANGE-CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mix the butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread to coat bottom of pan. , In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice and, if desired, salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place in prepared pan. , Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter; if desired, serve with additional honey.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158 calories, Fat 5g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 231mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FLUFFY FRENCH TOAST WITH ORANGE SYRUP
- Generously butter large roasting pan. Arrange bread in single layer in prepared pan, fitting closely together. Beat half and half, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg to blend in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover pan and refrigerate until bread absorbs mixture, turning once, about 3 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Uncover pan and bake French toast until tester inserted into center of bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir orange juice and cornstarch in small saucepan until smooth. Add sugar and stir over medium heat until thick, about 8 minutes. Add butter, lemon juice and orange peel and stir until butter melts.
- Recut French toast into 8 separate slices. Serve with warm orange syrup.
BEST OVEN BAKED FRENCH TOAST
- Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with melted butter. Spread any remaining melted butter over bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over melted butter.
- Arrange bread in two layers over brown sugar mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.2 calories, Carbohydrate 40.9 g, Cholesterol 171.2 mg, Fat 16.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 8.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 421.1 mg, Sugar 22.7 g
BAKED ORANGE PECAN FRENCH TOAST
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Beat together eggs, juice, milk, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg. Arrange bread in a single layer, top with egg mixture. Refrigerate 2 hrs. Melt butter in 10" x 15" x 2" pan, and arrange bread on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans, and bake 10 minutes more. Syrup: Combine and cook over low heat. Do not boil. Cook for 10 minutes, and serve warm.
ORANGE PECAN FRENCH TOAST
My husband and I were vacationing recently and had this lovely French toast at a bed and breakfast. When we came back home, I kept missing it so I called them up and requested it. They actually gave me the recipe over the phone! I generally halve the recipe for my husband and I, and bake it in an 8 inch square pan. Reheats well in the toaster oven. I served it to my in-laws recently and they loved it. Serve with a little sweetened whipped cream and berries!
Provided by SR
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, melted butter, and corn syrup. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and spread evenly. Sprinkle pecans over the sugar mixture. Arrange the bread slices in the bottom of the dish so they are in a snug single layer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, egg whites, and eggs. Pour this mixture over the bread, pressing on the bread slices to help absorb the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Remove the cover from the baking dish, and let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.9 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Cholesterol 45.4 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 165.8 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
More about "honey orange baked french toast recipes"
HONEY ORANGE FRENCH TOAST - KIDS-COOKING-ACTIVITIES.COM
BAKLAVA BAKED FRENCH TOAST - CLOSET COOKING
ORANGE FRENCH TOAST - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
BAKED FRENCH TOAST STICKS WITH HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS - ONE ...
BAKED HONEY CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST INSPIRED BY IN TWENTY ...
HONEY-ORANGE BAKED FRENCH TOAST - PLAIN.RECIPES
BAREFOOT CONTESSA BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
BAKED FRENCH TOAST WITH ORANGE MAPLE SYRUP - SAFEWAY
HONEY-ORANGE BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - FOOD.COM - 379913 ...
BAKED ORANGE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - SCATTERED THOUGHTS …
BAKED ORANGE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
ORANGE CINNAMON BAKED FRENCH TOAST ...
BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE – MODERN HONEY
BAKED FRENCH TOAST WITH ORANGE SYRUP | RECIPE - RACHAEL ...
HONEY ORANGE RICOTTA - QUICK AND EASY DIP FOR FRENCH TOAST ...
BAKED ORANGE FRENCH TOAST - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
HONEY-ORANGE BAKED FRENCH TOAST | TOAST RECIPES, FRENCH ...
FRENCH TOAST WITH BAKED ORANGES | THE LEMON APRON
ORANGE FRENCH TOAST - DIARY OF A RECIPE COLLECTOR
HONEY FRENCH TOAST | NATIONAL HONEY BOARD
BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE WITH ORANGE PECAN GARNISH ...
HONEY BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
CITRUS BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - THE SLEEPY PEACH BLOG
HONEY BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | MRBREAKFAST.COM
BAKED HONEY FRENCH TOAST - COOKEATSHARE
HONEY-BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
HONEY BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST WITH ORANGE ZEST - GETTYSTEWART.COM
OVEN BAKED FRENCH TOAST RECIPES - CHEF-MENUS.COM
HONEY-BAKED FRENCH TOAST | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
BAKED FRENCH TOAST - MARTHA.COM
UPSIDE DOWN BAKED ORANGE FRENCH TOAST · A PASSION FOR ...
ORANGE JUICE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
HONEY BAKED FRENCH TOAST - BIGOVEN.COM
BAKED ORANGE FRENCH TOAST (GLUTEN-FREE) – RIEGL PALATE
#lactose #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #breakfast #fruit #dietary #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #free-of-something #citrus #oranges #number-of-servings
You'll also love