HONEY-GLAZED TURNIPS, PARSNIPS AND PEARL ONIONS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare the pearl onions: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Add the pearl onions to the boiling water and cook 1 minute. Drain and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again, then slip off the skins.
- Combine the turnips, butter, honey, lemon zest, bay leaves, 1 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 cup water in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then cover and cook until the turnips are just slightly tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsnips and pearl onions, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Gently toss the vegetables to coat and transfer to a serving dish. Top with the chives.
ROASTED TURNIP SOUP WITH HONEY CREAM
This is a creamy great comfort soup for winter time. It is simple but elegant served with the honey cream. Recipe taken from "Edible Chesapeake" Magazine, Winter 2007
Provided by WeBees
Yield 4-6 c, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Blanch the turnips for 3 minute.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Lightly towel dry the turnips.
- Toss turnips, onions, leeks, garlic and thyme in oil in a large bowl. Spread on a baking sheet or dish in a single layer. Roast in preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, stirring and turning every 15 minute or so until browned evenly.
- Place roasted vegetables in a soup pot. Add 3/4 cup of water to pan vegetables were roasted in, scrape bits and juices and add to soup pot.
- Add the stock, milk, cream and salt to pot. Bring almost to boil and partially cover. Reduce heat to simmer an cook for about 30 min or until turnips are quite tender. In a blender, puree the soup in batches.
- Strain through food mill or strainer to create creamy fine consistency.
- Serve with Honey Cream.
- Honey Cream: Mix ingredients from above together well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.9, Fat 25.3, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 33.1, Sodium 671.1, Carbohydrate 34.5, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 15.5, Protein 8
This simple turnip side dish goes well with steak, burgers, pork, or chicken.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Quick & Easy Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, combine turnips, honey, butter, and water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring liquid to a boil over medium-high, then reduce to a rapid simmer. Cover and cook until turnips are just tender, 10 minutes. Uncover, bring liquid back to a boil, and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is almost reduced, 10 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring often, until turnips are barely golden and glazed, 3 minutes more. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g
ROASTED TURNIPS AND APPLES WITH HONEY
When root vegetables are in season, take advantage of ingredients like turnips by combining them with other autumn favorites like fresh apples. I've added cider vinegar and orange blossom honey to bring even more flavor to this dish.
Provided by Michael Tusk
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Quarter and slice the peeled turnips into ¼-inch slices. Place in a medium mixing bowl. Slice the scallions into 1" to 2" segments and add to the sliced turnips. Drizzle the melted butter over the turnip/scallion mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Quarter, core, peel, and cut 1 of the apples into ¼-inch to ½-inch slices. Add to the turnip mixture. Toss gently to coat. Spread the turnip mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, toss the mixture on the tray, to promote even browning and caramelization. Return the tray to the oven on the bottom rack for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Drizzle the honey over the vegetables and return to the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the warm vegetables. Toss gently to coat. Mound the turnips and apples on a wide platter, and shave the remaining apple over the warm vegetables. Serve immediately.
I got this from an old cookbook at the library where I work, titled Celebrate the Bounty: Recipes and Rituals to Create Wonderful Feasts for Every Occasion in the Biblical Year, by Amy Appleby and Jerald B. Stone. I want to try it, and to see the nutritional information.
Provided by PinkGrrlyGeek
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Wash and pare the turnips. Quarter them and boil 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain off the water and let the turnips stand over low heat to steam off excess moisture. Mash the turnips in the pan and steam off excess moisture again.
- Add the honey to the mashed turnips and fold in the whipped cream. Season with salt and white pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70.1, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 1.9, Sodium 104.9, Carbohydrate 15.8, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 11.7, Protein 1.5
More about "honey roasted asian turnips recipes"
HONEY & GINGER ROASTED TURNIPS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory Healthy Ginger RecipesCalories 158 per serving
- Toss turnips with oil, garlic, ginger and 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme) in a large bowl. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until starting to brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Turn the turnips over and continue to roast until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Whisk honey, vinegar and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add the turnips and toss to coat; season with pepper. Stir in bacon and the remaining 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme).
ROASTED TURNIPS WITH HONEY BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsServings 4
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter and honey in a glass measuring cup. Microwave at HIGH 40 to 45 seconds or until melted. Stir until blended.
- Place turnips on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with butter mixture, tossing to coat.
- Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer turnips to a serving bowl; pour any accumulated liquid over turnips. Toss turnips with parsley.
HONEY ROASTED TURNIPS - JAMIE GELLER
Cuisine AmericanCategory Vegetable Side, Dinner, Side DishServings 4-6Total Time 45 mins
- In a medium bowl, toss turnips with evoo and honey. Scatter turnips on prepared pan and lay thyme sprigs on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turnips are tender, brown, and fragrant. Transfer turnips to a serving platter. Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.
ROASTED CARROTS AND TURNIP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
AARON'S HONEY ROAST TURNIP & PUMPKIN - VEGPOWER | RECIPE
ALL RECIPES FOR YOU: HONEY-ROASTED ASIAN TURNIPS
HONEY ROASTED TURNIP THE BEET - DRIFTLESS ORGANICS
RECIPE: HONEY ROASTED ASIAN CHICKEN | CBC LIFE
HONEY-GLAZED TURNIPS - SIDES - NEW YORK MAGAZINE
SIMPLY DELICIOUS ROASTED TURNIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ASIAN STYLE TURNIPS – P. ALLEN SMITH
PAN ROASTED HAKUREI TURNIPS WITH HONEY - JUST FARMED
HONEY ROASTED ASIAN TURNIPS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ROASTED JAPANESE TURNIPS WITH HONEY | ROOTS & WINGS FAMILY FARM
RECIPE – OVEN ROASTED BABY TURNIPS WITH A LEMON & HERB …
HONEY & THYME ROASTED TURNIPS RECIPE
WORLD BEST ROASTED FOOD RECIPES: HONEY-ROASTED ASIAN TURNIPS
10 BEST CHINESE TURNIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED JAPANESE TURNIPS WITH GREENS – HAKUERI TURNIPS
ASIAN STYLE TURNIP WITH GINGER, CHIVES, AND GARLIC RECIPE
ROASTED TURNIPS 375 - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
HONEY BUTTER TURNIPS RECIPE
HONEY-ROASTED TURNIPS | RECIPE | ROASTED TURNIPS, HONEY ROASTED, …
HONEY-BUTTER TURNIPS RECIPE
ROASTED TURNIPS AND POTATOES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
HONEY-ROASTED ASIAN TURNIPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | TURNIP …
ASIAN TURNIP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HONEY ROASTED PARSNIPS - SIDE DISH IDEAS - COOKING JOURNEY BLOG
ROASTED JAPANESE TURNIPS (HAKUREI TURNIPS) RECIPE - IT'S A VEG …
ROASTED TURNIPS AND PEARS WITH HONEY BUTTER - IT'S A VEG WORLD …
ROASTED VEGETABLES WITH GARLIC-GINGER GLAZE - THE ROASTED ROOT
ROASTED PURPLE TURNIPS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HONEY-ROASTED TURNIPS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
10 BEST ROASTED TURNIPS CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED TURNIPS | TASTE OF HOME
ROASTED TURNIPS AND PEARS WITH ROSEMARY-HONEY DRIZZLE | RECIPE ...
BEST CIDER AND HONEY–GLAZED TURNIPS RECIPE | CHRISTOPHER …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something
You'll also love