SPINACH & CHICKPEA CURRY
- Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick frying pan. Once it starts to split, add the onion and cook for 2 mins to soften. Tip in the tomatoes and bubble for 5 mins or until the sauce has reduced.
- Add the chickpeas and some seasoning, then cook for 1 min more. Take off the heat, then tip in the spinach and allow the heat of the pan to wilt the leaves. Season, add the lemon juice, and serve with basmati rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, Carbohydrate 28 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
This hearty side tastes as if it's been simmering for hours, but it comes together quickly with canned tomatoes and chickpeas. Serve it with chicken and some warm naan.
Provided by Liz Pearson
Categories Side dishes
Yield 4 as a side dish
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, and cayenne, and cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, and 1-1/4 tsp. salt. Add the spinach by the handful, stirring to wilt it as you go. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the spinach is completely wilted and the flavors have melded, 4 to 5 minutes more. Season to taste with more salt. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Spoon onto a platter, and serve with the yogurt for dolloping on top.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 4 as a side dish, Calories 360 kcal, Fat 150 kcal, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 16 g, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 13 g, Protein 14 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 890 mg, UnsaturatedFat 12.5 g
CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY (CHANA PALAK MASALA)
Tired of paying a fortune for takeaways, or just fancy something healthier? Try this tasty healthy chickpea spinach curry, with a tomato and onion spiced gravy and a touch of coconut milk for richness.
Provided by The Fiery Vegetarian
Categories Lunch and Dinner
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high setting. Sauté the finely chopped onion until golden.
- Add the crushed garlic and grated ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic doesn't smell raw anymore.
- Mix in the next four ingredients (ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne) and toast for two minutes stirring often.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Increase the heat to high and once boiling, lower to medium-low to maintain at a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt, the sugar, and the spinach. If the spinach is frozen increase the heat until the curry is bubbling away again. Simmer for an additional five minutes.
- Add the garam masala, lemon juice and coconut milk and stir. Sprinkle over the chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 17 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 20 grams fat, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 17 grams protein, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 669 milligrams sodium, Sugar 16 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams unsaturated fat
CHANA MASALA (CHICKPEA CURRY) WITH SPINACH
A superhealthy vegetable-packed curry with chickpeas, spinach and tomatoes. Serve this delicious Indian dish with filling brown basmati rice
Provided by Jennifer Irvine
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat a large non-stick pan and dry-fry the cumin seeds for 1 min, stirring often, while they pop. Remove and set aside. Cook the rice following pack instructions.
- Heat the oil using the same large pan, add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, and sauté over a medium heat for about 3 mins. Reduce the heat, add all the spices, stir well and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, stirring, and use the side of a spoon to break them up into smaller bite-sized chunks.
- Add the chickpeas and 200ml water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in the lemon juice and spinach. Let the spinach wilt, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the rice between 2 bowls, and serve the curry. (The flavours intensify as it cools, so for a fuller flavour, make earlier in the day and reheat slowly prior to serving.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 60 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 12 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
Spinach and chickpeas are a popular combination, and this one has an Indian twist. I love this as a side-dish with Fairy Nuff's Recipe #86753
Provided by Daydream
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large heavy-based saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and then add the garlic and onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the curry paste and mustard seeds, stir to mix, and cook a further minute.
- Add the potatoes with 2 cups water, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender and most of the water has evaporated - it is a good idea to stir occasionally.
- While the potatoes are cooking, press as much liquid as possible out of the spinach through a sieve, then chop roughly.
- Add the chickpeas and spinach to the potato mixture.
- Cook for a further five minutes, until the potatoes are tender, stirring frequently to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- It may be necessary to add a splash more water, but take care the mixture does not become too wet.
- Stir in the paneer cheese and lime juice, and heat through gently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
SPICY CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY
- In large bowl, combine chickpeas and enough cold water to cover by two inches. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chickpeas, then combine in slow cooker with 1 cup water. Cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 hours. Add spinach, tomatoes and their juices, coriander, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook 1 hour more. Sprinkle in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir in cilantro and serve.
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
A very easy curry which doesn't take a lot of effort to prepare. It is low GI so will leave you feeling fuller for longer. It is quite a dry curry when made, I like to serve it over brown rice and then the next day eat the remainder cold wrapped in a chapatti with some sour cream.
Provided by PinkCherryBlossom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onions for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices, stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Increase the heat and stir in the spinach and lemon juice.
- When the spinach has wilted - serve.
More about "spinach and chickpea curry recipes"
10 MINUTE CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - HUNGRY HEALTHY …
Ratings 241Calories 123 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the chopped tomatoes, drained chickpeas and salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Main
CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY | MY GOODNESS KITCHEN
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - THE FAMILY FOOD KITCHEN
SPINACH + CHICKPEA CURRY - SO VEGAN
CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE WITH POTATOES AND SPINACH
CREAMY CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - CUPFUL OF KALE
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY - ASCENSION KITCHEN
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE …
DELICIOUS CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY | FOOD WITH CHETNA - YOUTUBE
EASY CREAMY CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY RECIPE| MADE IN INSTANT …
SPINACH CURRY RECIPE - QUICK AND EASY RECIPE FOR THE FAMILY
CHICKPEA & SPINACH CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY (VEGETARIAN W/ VEGAN OPTION)
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY WITH PANEER - ABC EVERYDAY
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY (VEGAN) | KITCHEN @ HOSKINS
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - HINT OF HEALTHY
CREAMY CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - SUPER EASY & QUICK!
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY | VEGAN BACKPACKING MEALS | TRAIL …
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - DARN GOOD VEGGIES
CHICKPEA CURRY SPINACH (VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE) - KEEPING THE PEAS
ONE-POT CREAMY CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY | RECIPE | KITCHEN …
EASY CHICKPEA & SPINACH CURRY RECIPE - SAVORY SPIN
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - RECIPES - SUR LE PLATSUR LE PLAT
CHICKPEA SPINACH CURRY - THE RECIPE WELL
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - SALT & BAKER
COCONUT CHICKPEA CURRY WITH SPINACH • NOW COOK THIS!
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPINACH CURRY WITH CHICKPEAS - INDIAN FOOD RECIPE
CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY - HELLO SPOONFUL
VEGAN CHICKPEA, SPINACH AND PEANUT BUTTER CURRY RECIPE
CHICKPEAS AND SPINACH RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY - THE BUDDHIST CHEF
CHICKPEA TOMATO SPINACH CURRY - SHORTGIRLTALLORDER
EASY JAMAICAN CHICKPEA CURRY WITH SPINACH (ONE-POT)
GARLIC CHICKPEAS AND SPINACH CURRY RECIPE - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
INDIAN CHICKPEA CURRY WITH SPINACH - GREATIST
CHICKPEA & SPINACH CURRY RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
CHICKPEA & SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #beans #potatoes #vegetables #asian #indian #dinner-party #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #chick-peas-garbanzos #greens #spinach #equipment
You'll also love