HOT HONEY NUT MIX
Almond, cashew, almond, cashew. Oh, a Brazil nut! There's a kind of pattern to every nut mix, but in this one, each bite is a little different, pushing you to keep scooping for more surprises. It's a roasted jumble of nuts (whichever you choose) and flavorful pops - a seed, a honey-crystallized cluster, a pebble of coarse sugar, a bite with swelling heat, then a salty one. Serve them next to olives and cheese at a party, keep a stash in your tote or office snack drawer, or tie a bag of them up with a bow.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories snack, finger foods, appetizer
Yield About 6 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the nuts and seeds.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine honey, butter, red-pepper flakes and ½ teaspoon salt. Microwave until the butter has melted, about 40 seconds. (Alternatively, you can melt the mixture in a small saucepan on the stove.)
- Pour the honey butter over the nuts and seeds, and stir until well coated. Dump onto the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer. You want the nuts spread out as much as possible.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are tacky and look and smell toasted, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle over the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and all of the turbinado sugar. Let cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a bowl and serve (or transfer to an airtight container, where they'll keep for up to 4 days).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 304, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 137 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
HONEY SPICED NUTS RECIPE
It's tempting to just buy a jar of mixed nuts, but nothing beats the smell of freshly-roasted nuts coming out of your oven.
Provided by Anita Schecter
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add the butter to a pot and melt on the stovetop on low heat. Stir in the honey, sugar, water, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and ground cloves. Continue stirring until melted and fully combined.
- Stir in the walnuts, almonds, and pistachios and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, being careful not to burn the nuts.
- Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 297 mg, Fat 19 g, ServingSize 3 - 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 13 g
HONEY SPICED NUT MIX
These spiced nuts can be prepared with pantry ingredients in a flash. The nuts are roasted then tossed in a totally addictive salty-sweet coating made from Demerara sugar and coarse kosher salt.
Provided by Annacia
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350-deg. F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and salt and set aside.
- Combine honey, black pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne in a bowl and mix well. Add mixed nuts and stir to thoroughly coat. Spread nut mixture evenly in a single layer on prepared sheet pan and bake until toasted and fragrant, about 10 to 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool until barely warm, then transfer to sugar mixture and toss to evenly coat. Return to sheet pan and cool completely. Transfer to airtight container or divide nuts into two portions and package for gift giving. Nuts will keep 5 days at room temperature, tightly sealed.
SWEET, SPICY AND SALTY CANDIED NUT MIX
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt the butter and sugar in a large skillet over medium heat and add the salt. Add the almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin and cayenne. Cook until the sugar is melted and the nuts are fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the rosemary and toss. Immediately spread the nut mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cool completely, and then serve.
SPICED MIXED NUTS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 cups nuts
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, mustard powder, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Whisk the egg white in a large bowl until frothy. Toss in the nuts, then add the spice mixture and toss until well coated.
- Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet; bake until dry, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Hot: These nuts are a not-too-spicy crowd pleaser. Cayenne, ginger and mustard powder give them mild heat.
- Hotter: Add 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder to the spice mixture, then continue as directed.
- Hottest: Add 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder to the spice mixture, then continue as directed. While the nuts are baking, fry 4 thinly sliced serrano chile peppers in 350 degrees F canola oil until crisp, about 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels, season with salt and toss with the nuts.
SWEET, SALTY, SPICY PARTY NUTS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine walnut halves, pecan halves, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper; toss to coat.
- Heat sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Slowly pour butter mixture over the bowl of nuts and stir to coat.
- Transfer nuts to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake nuts in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir nuts until the warm syrup coats every nut. Spread into a single layer, return to the oven, and bake until nuts are sticky and roasted, about 6 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 calories, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Cholesterol 1.9 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 205.7 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
SPICED NUT MIX
One Christmas, my good friend gave me this recipe and a sack of ingredients. I think of her every time I stir up these pumpkin-spiced nuts. -Patti Holland, Parker, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 10 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar, pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Fold in raisins. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. , Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 87mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
HONEY-ROASTED MIXED NUTS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix honey, butter, and half of cinnamon in saucepan and heat to boiling. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In medium mixing bowl, pour honey mixture over nuts, stir well.
- Pour mixture onto non-stick cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until nuts are lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Mix sugar and remaining cinnamon, and toss with nuts.
SWEET & SPICY NUTS
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Mix the oil with the spices, then stir in the nuts and drizzle over half the honey. Spread over a baking sheet and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle over the remaining honey, then return to the oven and cook for a further 10 mins. Allow to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.02 milligram of sodium
More about "honey spiced nut mix recipes"
HONEY SPICED ROASTED NUTS | CAPILANO HONEY
SPICY PRETZEL AND NUT MIX - DAVID LEBOVITZ
HONEY ROASTED NUTS: SALTY-SWEET AND CRUNCHY - HEALTHY RECIPES …
OVEN-ROASTED SPICY NUTS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
SPICED NUTS MIX RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SPICED HONEY ROASTED NUTS - DOMESTIC GOTHESS
HONEY SPICED NUT MIX RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | SPICED NUTS, …
SPICED NUT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MIXED SPICED NUTS - SWEET AND SAVOURY PURSUITS
162 EASY AND TASTY HONEY NUT MIX RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
RECIPE: SPICED HONEY NUT SYRUP COOKIES - FOOD NEWS
SPICED MIXED NUTS | SAVORY, SALTY, AND SWEET! - EASY SIDE DISH …
HONEY GLAZED SPICED NUTS | TESCO REAL FOOD RECIPE
HONEY SPICED NUT MIX RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HONEY ROASTED NUT MIX RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PERFECT SNACK - SPICED MIXED NUTS RECIPE
SWEET & SPICY ROASTED PARTY NUTS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BARBECUE ROASTED MIXED NUTS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
SWEET & SPICY HONEY CHEX MIX - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BROWN SUGAR-SPICED NUT MIX RECIPE | MYRECIPES
1-PAN SPICED CANDIED NUTS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SPICED ROASTED WALNUTS WITH HONEY RECIPE - MASALA HERB
10 BEST DRIED FRUIT AND NUT MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
HONEY SPICED NUT MIX | DAILY QUICK RECIPE
HONEY SPICED NUT MIX RECIPE BY DSPRICE - COOKPAD
SPICED NUT MIX RECIPE | RECIPE | HONEY RECIPES, SWEET AND SPICY, …
EASY & HEALTHY SPICED NUTS RECIPE (NO SUGAR OR SWEETENERS)
HONEY ROASTED NUTS RECIPE - SUEBEE HOMEMAKER
HONEY-MUSTARD SNACK MIX RECIPE | EATINGWELL
FESTIVE HONEY-ROASTED NUTS | JAMIE OLIVER
HONEY CARDAMOM MIXED NUTS RECIPE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HONEY SPICED NUT MIX RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | NUT MIX RECIPE ...
SPICED NUT MIX | RECIPE | RECIPES, SPICED NUTS, NUT MIX RECIPE
SPICED MIXED NUTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY ROSEMARY NUTS - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
SPICY ROASTED NUTS RECIPE - SAINSBURY'S MAGAZINE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #snacks #easy #beginner-cook #holiday-event #vegetarian #nuts #dietary #gifts #christmas #thanksgiving #from-scratch
You'll also love