Kinda like a pancake/French toast recipe all in one dish. My kids always loved it. And it is very easy!!!
Provided by Mama Meerkat
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Mix above in blender. Melt 1 stick margarine in a 9 x 13 oven proof dish while oven is heating. Pour mixture into HOT dish. Bake 25 minutes at 425 degrees or until knife comes out clean. The Hootenanny should rise up and out of the pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. May add cinnamon if desired. Serve with maple syrup.
Hoe cake is a Southern bread that is cooked in an iron skillet, like cornbread. This recipe stems back to my great-great grandmother. My father has made this recipe for years, and it is always requested from his grandchildren. A slice of hoe cake will warm your insides -- slathered with some homemade apple butter alongside of some butter beans, freshly sliced tomatoes and a good tall glass of sweet tea. I promise your family will love this truly Southern recipe!
Provided by jbrink1
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a well-seasoned cast iron skillet with the shortening, and place it in the oven as it heats.
- Whisk together the flour and milk in a bowl, to make a thick but still runny batter.
- Remove the hot greased skillet from the preheated oven, and quickly sprinkle a pinch of garlic salt over the bottom of the skillet. Immediately pour in the batter, and sprinkle the top with a pinch of garlic salt.
- Return the skillet to the oven, and bake in the preheated oven until the cake has risen and the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.2 calories, Carbohydrate 24.6 g, Cholesterol 2.4 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 491.8 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
This is a recipe from my Grandmother's old recipe cards. I've finally made it and it is very good. Would make a great breakfast type cake, good with coffee or tea, some fresh strawberries, or ice cream. I've used both pecans and walnuts.
Provided by IHeartDogs
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together first 7 ingredients.
- Mix well for five minutes.
- In small bowl combine nuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- Grease bottom of a tube pan.
- Put 1/3 of nut mixture in bottom of pan.
- Pour half the cake batter over nuts.
- Repeat with 1/3 nut mixture, then remaining cake batter, and finally the rest of the nut mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake is done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4798.4, Fat 260.9, SaturatedFat 39.3, Cholesterol 856.5, Sodium 6253.6, Carbohydrate 559, Fiber 20.6, Sugar 344.3, Protein 72.1
HOOTENANY CAKE RECIPE
Provided by á-56845
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix together first 7 ingredients as cake mix says. Grease bottom of tube pan. Put 1/3 nut mixture on bottom, 1/2 batter, 1/3 nut mix, 1/2 batter, 1/3 nut mix. Bake 350 oven 50-60 minutes.
More about "hootenany cake recipes"
OLD-FASHIONED HOOTENANNY CAKE | RECIPELION.COM
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
BISQUICK™ HOOTENANNY RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
HOOTENANNY - A CROSS BETWEEN PANCAKES AND FRENCH TOAST!
HOOTENANNY PANCAKE | MRFOOD.COM
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES - BIGOVEN.COM
15 BEST HOOTENANNY RECIPE IDEAS | BREAKFAST DISHES, COOKING …
HOT EATS AND COOL READS: EASY OVEN PANCAKE AKA HOOTENANNY …
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
GERMAN PANCAKES, HOOTENANNY PANCAKES, DUTCH BABIES! OH MY!
HOOTENANNIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOOTENANNIES (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS GERMAN PANCAKES)
15 HONEY CAKE RECIPES TO SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH | ALLRECIPES
HOOTENANNY RECIPE - CAKE BAKING
HOOTENANNY CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HOOTENANY CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HOOTENANNY RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WHAT A HOOT: HOOTENANNY PANCAKES RECIPE - SOCIALMOMS
RECIPE: HOOTENANNY CAKE - RECIPELINK.COM
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES | RECIPELION.COM
GERMAN PANCAKE RECIPE OR HOOTENANNY - MAKING THE WORLD CUTER
JOHNNY CAKES (HOECAKES) - COOKING CLASSY
BECKSTRAND7 FAMILY RECIPES: HOOTENANY PANCAKES
PRINT ~ EASY HOOTENANNY CAKE ~ | JUST A PINCH | HOMEMADE CAKES, …
HOOTENANNY CAKE | CAKE RECIPES, CUPCAKE CAKES, YELLOW CAKE MIXES
HOOTENANNY CAKE RECIPE
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES RECIPE
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES - NOURISHING MINIMALISM
THE NUMMY LITTLE BLOG: HOOTENANNY HOT CAKE
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES (GERMAN, OR DUTCH BABY OVEN PANCAKES)
APPLE BOTTOM HOOTENANNY PANCAKES | BAKING THE GOODS
HOOTENANNY PANCAKES - FARM BELL RECIPES
HOOTENANNY | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
SOUTHERN JOHNNY CAKES (HOE CAKES) - IMMACULATE BITES
HOOTENANNY | THE GORGEOUS SPICE CO.
5 STAR FAVORITES: HOOTENANNY (& GLUTEN-FREE VERSION)
You'll also love