BLUE CHEESE POTATO CHIPS
Game day calls for something bold. I top potato chips with tomatoes, bacon and tangy blue cheese. I make two big pans, and they always disappear. -Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat broiler. In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, arrange potato chips in an even layer. Top with remaining ingredients., Broil 4-5 in. from heat until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 359mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
HOT POTATO CHIPS
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the warm milk and continue whisking until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with the salt and cayenne. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the blue cheese. If the sauce is too thick, thin with a little extra milk. Keep warm.
- Place the potato slices on a baking sheet between layers of paper towels to make sure they are very dry before frying.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until it reaches 375°F on a deep-fat thermometer. Fry the potatoes in small batches until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a brown paper bag or another baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Immediately season with salt.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and top with the remaining 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese and the chopped chives. Place the bowl in the center of a large platter and arrange the potato chips around the bowl.
HOT POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
- Place the milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and continue whisking until thickened. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. If the sauce is too thick, thin it with a little extra milk. Serve sauce warm with potato chips for dipping.
- Place the potato slices on a baking sheet between layers of paper towels to make sure they are very dry before frying.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan until the temperature of the oil reaches 400 degrees F on a deep-fat thermometer. Fry the potatoes in small batches until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a brown paper bag or another baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Season with salt immediately. Serve hot with the blue cheese dipping sauce.
HOT PEPPER JELLY CHIPS
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of goat cheese onto each potato chip, being careful not to break the chips. Add about 1 teaspoon of red pepper jelly to each chip and top with crumbled bacon and a jalapeno slice. Serve immediately, so the chips don't get soggy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.1 g, Cholesterol 3.7 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 34.3 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
HOMEMADE BBQ CHIPS AND BLUE CHEESE DIP
Provided by Guy Fieri
Yield 12 to 16 appetizer servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- For the dip: To a food processor, add the shallots, blue cheese, sour cream, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Process to combine and pour into a serving dish. Garnish with more pepper and chives.
- For the chips: To a small bowl, add all the spices and toss to combine. Add the potato chips and the spice mix to a big brown bag and toss to combine. Pour out onto a baking sheet and place into the oven to warm through, about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, place into a serving dish and serve with Blue Cheese Dip.
More about "hot potato chips with blue cheese sauce recipes"
EPICURUS.COM RECIPES | BLUE CHEESE POTATO CHIPS
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizersServings 4
HOT POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 8
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS WITH GORGONZOLA CHEESE SAUCE
Ratings 1Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and lay the sliced potatoes onto the surface. Top with more paper towels and press down to remove as much liquid from the potatoes.
- In small batches, carefully drop a handful of sliced potatoes into the fryer or pot with hot oil and using heat-safe tongs, stir the potatoes around for 2 to 3 minutes, to ensure they don’t stick together and end up having some texture/body to them.
POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE RECIPE - BOBBY FLAY | FOOD ...
Servings 4-6Total Time 15 mins
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, about 7 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk. Cook over moderate heat, whisking, until thickened, 5 minutes. Off the heat, whisk in the blue cheese and season with salt and cayenne.
- Put half of the potato chips in a large shallow bowl and drizzle with half of the blue cheese sauce. Add the remaining chips and sauce to make another layer. Serve right away.
BUFFALO BLUE CHEESE POTATO CHIPS WITH LIT'L SMOKIES ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizersServings 8Total Time 10 mins
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes. Add the hot sauce, stir to combine. Add the Lit'l Smokies to the sauce and stir to coat. Cook them until heated through, about 5 min.
- OPTION 1: Place the potato chips in a large bowl. Use a slotted spoon to place the sausages on a platter. Pour the ranch and blue cheese dip into a small bowl and nestle it on the platter next to the sausages.
- OPTION 2: Place the potato chips on a large platter, spreading them out like you would for nachos. Use a slotted spoon to sprinkle the sausages over the chips. Drizzle the remaining buffalo sauce over the top. Drizzle the ranch and blue cheese sauce over the top. Sprinkle remaining blue cheese crumbles over the top along with chopped green onions.
BLUE CHEESE CHIPS - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
4.5/5 (2)Category Appetizer, SnackCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- To make fondue: Combine stock and heavy cream in a small sauce pot and set the heat to medium. Grate the cheese into the warm liquids. Add the blue cheese crumbs and stir. Bring the cheese mixture to low boil, stirring often. Take off heat.
- Spread half Kettle chips over an oven safe serving tray. Slowly pour part of the fondue evenly over the chips.
- Cover with the remaining chips and pour more fondue over the top. Sprinkle with the blue cheese chips.
- Preheat the broil and move the oven rack to the medium spot. Set the chips on the rack under the broil until the blue cheese crumbs are melted.*Be careful and keep your eye on it.* Check every 30 seconds.
POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE DIP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (6)Calories 117 per servingServings 6
- Place potato slices on paper towels; pat dry. Arrange half of potato slices in a single layer on preheated baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Turn potato slices over; bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden. Repeat procedure with remaining potatoes and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve immediately with blue cheese mixture.
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE DIP - FRAMED COOKS
Reviews 13Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Using a mandoline set to a thin setting, VERY CAREFULLY slice the potatoes into chip shapes. I usually stop slicing when the potato has about an inch left, just because I am extremely cautious with my mandoline slicer.
- Using a spider or a large metal slotted spoon, carefully lower the potato slices in batches into the hot oil. They will cook up very quickly – usually a minute or two is all it will take for them to be nice and golden brown. Scoop them out and drain them on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt. Continue to cook in batches until all the potato slices are cooked – I usually do about 4 batches with 2 potatoes.
- To make the dip, combine the blue cheese and sour cream in a food processor and blend until well combined. Thin the mixture with milk or buttermilk until dip consistency.
BACON BLUE CHEESE CHIPS - CPA: CERTIFIED PASTRY AFICIONADO
Servings 8Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Grab a large baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Pour out entire bag of LAY'S Classic Potato Chips onto baking sheet and spread into one even layer.
- Add milk and cream cheese to medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Using a rubber spatula, stir together to help the cream cheese melt into the milk.
BAKED FRENCH FRIES WITH BLUE CHEESE DRESSING - SHUGARY SWEETS
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory Salad And SidesCalories 369 per serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Scrub the potatoes clean and dry completely. Cut potatoes lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/4 inch thick).
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Set aside, this will be used to sprinkle over potatoes after cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes with olive oil and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Mix gently.
- Pour potatoes onto a large baking sheet (in a single layer as much as possible). Bake for 45 minutes, using a spatula, turn the potatoes over on the baking sheet every 15 minutes.
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsTotal Time 1 hr
HOT POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - FOOD NETWORK
Servings 8Category Side-Dish, Snacks
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS W/ BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - ALL ROADS ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
HOT CUMIN SCENTED POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
Occupation ContributorTotal Time 15 minsServings 8Calories 480 per serving
10 BEST POTATO CHIPS WITH CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE, BACON AND ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
HOT POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE | RECIPE | BLUE ...
POTATO CHIPS WITH MAYTAG BLUE CHEESE ON BAKESPACE.COM
» HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE
J. GILBERT'S MAYTAG BLUE CHEESE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE ...
BLUE CHEESE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
HOT CHIPS WITH SCALLIONS, BLUE CHEESE & BALSAMIC GLAZE - A ...
WOLFGANG PUCK’S HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS AND BLUE CHEESE DIP ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook blue cheese Idaho Potato Chips?Blue Cheese Idaho Potato Chips Prepare potato chips: Soak potato slices in ice water 30 minutes; drain well; pat dry with paper towels. In deep fryer, fry in 350F oil until golden brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain potato chips on paper towels, lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
How much blue cheese sauce do you put on chips?Directions: Per portion: Mound 1 1/2 ounces potato chips on plate. Ladle 2 ounces warm Blue Cheese Sauce over chips. Top with 1 tablespoon each of Gorgonzola and bacon. Place on bottom shelf of melter or broiler to soften cheese crumbles until they begin to bubble, being careful not to burn chips. If desired, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon parsley.
How do you fry potato chips and sauce together?Serve sauce warm with potato chips for dipping. Place the potato slices on a baking sheet between layers of paper towels to make sure they are very dry before frying. Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan until the temperature of the oil reaches 400 degrees F on a deep-fat thermometer.
How do you make a thick cream cheese sauce?Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and continue whisking until thickened. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.