BASIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING WITH 8 VARIATIONS
Bottled salad dressing can be convenient but its expensive and often full of salt, sugar, and chemical additives. Making your own is simple and allows you to customize the seasonings to suit whatever meal you are preparing. The amounts given make about 1/4 cup and can be expanded infinitely for larger salads. It can be made several days ahead and kept in the fridge. Sorry about the slightly odd way of putting the ingredients for the creamy dressing variations. The recipe editor is picky about what it will accept.
Provided by 3KillerBs
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 1/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 34
- Shake all ingredients for your chosen variation together in a tightly-lidded container OR whisk together in a small bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate dried herbs and blend flavors.
- Shake again then dress salad as desired.
- Note -- I recommend the lemon dressing on spinach.
- Note -- I recommend the Bacon Dressing, Mustard Dressing, and Balsamic Vinaigrette on strong greens such as escarole, curly endive, and dandelion greens.
- Note -- The sweeter version of the mustard dressing is great for a vinegar coleslaw if you discover that you have accidentally gotten one of those occasional cabbages that are a touch on the bitter side.
- Note -- feel free to play with other seasonings, more complex blends, flavored oils, and flavored vinegars. Once you've learned the technique you can customize your salad dressing to suit just about any meal.
- In a bowl whisk together vinegars, mustard, sea salt, and white pepper until mustard is incorporated. In a very slow stream whisk in olive oil and then corn oil and whisk until emulsified. Vinaigrette keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.
- Combine the mustard and vinegar in a blender and blend at medium speed for about 15 seconds. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup of the oil. Don't be tempted to add all the oil to the blender or the vinaigrette will become too thick. It should be very creamy.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a small bowl and, whisking constantly, slowly stream in the remaining 1 cup oil. (The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Should the vinaigrette separate, use a blender or immersion blender to re-emulsify it.)
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, oregano, garlic, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a jar. Cover and shake until combined. Add the olive oil, cover and shake again until smooth. (The dressing will keep, refrigerated, up to 1 week.)
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, and salt. Shake well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Fat 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 581.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
MARTHA'S FAVORITE VINAIGRETTE
This easy vinaigrette is made with a handful of pantry-friendly ingredients and comes together with just a few shakes of a mason jar! The possibilities using this versatile dressing go way beyond the salad bowl; it's also great for drizzling over dishes like rice pilaf, steamed green beans, and even mains like baked chicken or fish.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Secure lid and shake vigorously until thickened. Refrigerate up to 3 days (shake vigorously before each use.)
THE BEST VINAIGRETTE IN THE WORLD EVER, EVER
- Combine all the ingredients in a jam jar, make sure the lid is on tightly, and shake the living daylights out of it.
- Leave it to sit for at least half an hour before serving to allow the garlic to infuse.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1293.4, Fat 141.8, SaturatedFat 19.6, Sodium 1748.5, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 8.6, Protein 0.4
What are all those specks and spices in your Italian dressing? You probably have them in your pantry. Create your own signature blend to toss with pasta, greens and fresh spring vegetables. -Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 148mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
- Slowly add oil, whisking until emulsified, or shake the ingredients in a jar, or whirl them in a blender.
More about "house vinaigrette recipes"
21 VINAIGRETTE RECIPES THAT YOUR SALADS NEED | BON APPéTIT
- Sugar Snap Pea Vinaigrette. Make sure to add the lemon juice just before serving so that the vinaigrette holds its vibrant color. View Recipe.
- Fresh Chive Vinaigrette. Herbs in the dressing beg for herbs in the salad, too. Toss big handfuls in. View Recipe.
- Canal House Classic Vinaigrette. Make this once with measuring spoons and cups; the next time, just eyeball it, adjusting any or all of the ingredients to suit your palate.
- Lemon-Anchovy Vinaigrette. A lighter, brighter option for all you Caesar salad lovers. View Recipe.
- Pomegranate Molasses Vinaigrette. Salt will dissolve more easily before the oil is added, so make sure to season at the beginning. View Recipe.
- Sesame-Miso Vinaigrette. If the vibrancy of this dressing fades, perk it back up with more lime juice. View Recipe.
- Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette. Trust us: Your first batch of this condiment will not be your last. View Recipe.
- Toasted Spice Vinaigrette. This assertive dressing is great for the less-is-more summer months. It's all you need on grain salads, steaks, and peak produce.
VINAIGRETTE DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GARLIC AND HERB VINAIGRETTE | CLUB HOUSE CA
LUNA GRILL HOUSE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEST VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - THE DOMESTIC DIETITIAN
THOMAS KELLER VINAIGRETTE - BOUCHON VINAIGRETTE - THE CHALKBOARD
GRANDMAMA'S HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHRISTINE'S HOUSE DRESSING (LEMON-ANCHOVY VINAIGRETTE) | KITCHN
5 EASY VINAIGRETTE RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
50+ HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS AND VINAIGRETTE RECIPES - SIMPLY …
7 BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPES - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
CLASSIC ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE & SPICE - THE SPICE HOUSE
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE EVERY TIME
THE BEST VINAIGRETTE RECIPE FOR WINE WITH SALAD - GIRL'S GOTTA DRINK
HOUSE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VINAIGRETTE RECIPE FROM RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE (PLUS 3 ESSENTIAL VARIATIONS ... - COOKIE AND …
TED ALLEN’S HOUSE VINAIGRETTE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
TOP SECRET RECIPES | HOUSTON'S HOUSE VINAIGRETTE
BOUCHON HOUSE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
HOW TO MAKE A BASIC VINAIGRETTE - KITCHN
ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | HOLLAND HOUSE
CANAL HOUSE CLASSIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
HOUSE VINAIGRETTE | FLUFFY CHIX COOK
SIMPLE & DELICIOUS HOMEMADE HERB VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE VINAIGRETTE (PLUS, TIPS AND TRICKS) | TASTE OF HOME
HOUSE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN VINAIGRETTE AT HOME (AND MY 3 FAVORITE …
CHEESECAKE FACTORY HOUSE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - RECIPESCHOICE
HOUSTON'S HOUSE VINAIGRETTE - RECIPE CIRCUS
TEXAS ROADHOUSE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING RECIPE
BASIC VINAIGRETTE | RICARDO
CORNER BAKERY CAFE SWEET AND SPICY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
HOUSE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SALTGRASS STEAKHOUSE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
HOUSE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE - SIMPLY SCRATCH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a vinaigrette?To make different types of vinaigrette, do the following: Garlic: Add 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 clove crushed. Balsamic: Substitute balsamic vinegar for the wine vinegar. Lemon Parmesan: Use fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar; add 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan. Scallion: Add 3 chopped whole scallions (about 1/4 cup).
What kind of vinegar do you use for vinaigrette?This delicious house vinaigrette is a Houston's favorite, and a home carbon copy is just minutes away. All you'll need are a few basic ingredients, plus tarragon-infused white wine vinegar. If you have trouble tracking down the tarragon vinegar, plain white wine vinegar will work just fine.
How much vinegar do you put in salad dressing?You can change up the flavors by choosing the vinegar that suits your salad best. Recipe yields ¾ cup dressing, enough for about 6 medium salads (assuming 2 tablespoons per salad). 3 tablespoons vinegar of choice (balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar) In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
How long does homemade vinaigrette last?No preservatives here! Homemade vinaigrette keeps for 1 to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, so it’s worth the 5 minutes it takes to mix it up. Then you can keep it on hand for all of your salad needs. Let’s get to it! The traditional French vinaigrette formula calls for 1 tablespoon vinegar for every 3 tablespoons olive oil.