DELICIOUS THICK CREAMY POTATO SOUP
One of the best potato soups, I think the sour cream makes the difference, I like to add in the cayenne pepper for just a bit of heat, and I most always double the complete recipe and use 4 russet potatoes and 4 red potatoes. If desired you can add in some cooked cubed potatoes just before serving and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, I most always do! you will love this!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the potatoes in a pot with chicken broth, onions, garlic and celery; bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the stove and cool slightly (or you can refrigerate to puree later) using an electric mixer or a food processor blend until a smooth (leaving a few chunks of potatoes is fine!).
- Add in 1 cup milk or half and half, Parmesan cheese and bouillon cubes or packets, then place back on the stove to heat slowly.
- In a medium bowl whisk the 1-1/2 cups sour cream with the flour until blended.
- Pour 1/3 of the heated potato/milk mixture into the sour cream; mix then pour it back into the remainder of the soup; stir to combine, then heat on top of the stove.
- Season with salt and pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) then ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped green onions.
CREAMY POTATO SOUP
This is one of my favorite recipes that uses wholesome milk-an important product we produce on our dairy farm. It's rich and delicious...even the kids gobble it up!-Janis Plagerman, Ephrata, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine potatoes, celery, onion, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly. Place half of the potato mixture in a blender; cover and puree. Repeat with remaining potato mixture; set aside. , In the same kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Return potato puree to the pan and heat through. Garnish individual servings with sour cream and cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 912mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP
One potato, two potato, five potato soup! Easy, flavorful, creamy potato soup is just five potatoes away.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat 1 1/2 cups water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add potatoes and celery. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain liquid into blender. Remove 3 cups cooked vegetables from saucepan; place in blender with liquid. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and blend about 1 minute until smooth.
- Stir pureed vegetables back into saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 330 mg
CREAMY POTATO SOUP
- In a large saucepan cook bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside, along with 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add potatoes, onion, carrot and celery to drippings. Add enough water to cover vegetables and cook over low heat until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- In separate bowl, stir together sour cream, flour and paprika. Gradually stir 1 cup of hot soup mixture into sour cream mixture.
- Pour sour cream mixture into soup mixture. Cook until small bubbles break soups service. Top with chopped bacon pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.1 calories, Carbohydrate 33.9 g, Cholesterol 42.6 mg, Fat 20 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1048.3 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
CREAMY AND CRUNCHY POTATO SOUP
- Melt butter over medium heat in Dutch oven. Add onion; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add potatoes, 5 1/2 cups water, 1 1/2 tablespoons Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt, bay leaves and thyme. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off bacon drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons for kale.
- Heat reserved 2 tablespoons bacon drippings over medium heat. Add kale; cook and stir for 1 minute. Slowly add 1/2 cup water; cook and stir until liquid evaporates. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat.
- Remove and discard bay leaves and thyme from soup. With slotted spoon, remove potatoes and onion to blender or food processor. Carefully process (in batches) until chopped, adding hot liquid as needed until smooth. Return pureed mixture to remaining hot liquid in Dutch oven. Over medium heat, blend in cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat thoroughly. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon kale around side of shallow serving dishes. Spoon soup into bowls; sprinkle with bacon.
- Garnish with diced apples tossed with lemon juice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25.8 g, Cholesterol 58.4 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 1397 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: large potatoes, garlic, milk, butter, crouton, parmesan cheese, chili flake, salt, pepper
Provided by Lilia Mikova
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put potatoes and garlic cloves in a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and boil until soft. Once softened, blend into a puree, covering ⅔ of the potato/garlic mixture with water and blending until smooth.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper to taste and blend to desired consistency.
- Pour soup back into saucepan and add the butter, stirring until it melts.
- Pour into a bowl and top with croutons, chilli flakes and parmesan to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 4 grams
More about "incredibly creamy potato soup recipes"
CREAMY POTATO SOUP - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
CREAMY POTATO SOUP - GARNISH & GLAZE
CREAMY POTATO SOUP | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
15+ CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
22 BEST POTATO SOUP RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL …
INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BASIC + AWESOME CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE - PINCH OF …
THE BEST POTATO SOUP RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
4 INGREDIENT POTATO SOUP - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
4 INGREDIENT POTATO SOUP - COZY CRAVINGS
OUR CREAMIEST AND DREAMIEST POTATO SOUP RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
NANA’S CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
INCREDIBLY EASY "CREAMY" POTATO AND LEEK SOUP
CREAMY POTATO SOUP - HOUSE OF YUMM
INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP | RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
30 BEST CREAMY SOUP RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BEST CREAMY POTATO SOUP [VIDEO] - THE RECIPE REBEL
RECIPE: INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP (BLENDER) - RECIPELINK.COM
CREAMY POTATO SOUP (CLASSIC, DELICIOUS!) - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
RECIPE INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP - YOUTUBE
EASY CREAMY OLD FASHIONED POTATO SOUP RECIPE IN 30 …
CREAMY POTATO SOUP (EASY TO MAKE) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE BEST CREAMY POTATO SOUP - DELICRUNCHCO RECIPES - EASY.
BAKED POTATO SOUP - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
EASY CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
SOUP - INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO | CREAMY POTATO, SOUP AND …
ROASTED VEGAN BROCCOLI SWEET POTATO SOUP THAT'S SO INCREDIBLY RICH …
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
OLD FASHIONED CREAMY POTATO SOUP - RANCH STYLE KITCHEN
RICH AND CREAMY POTATO SOUP | 12 TOMATOES
INCREDIBLY CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY POTATO SOUP (READY IN UNDER 30 MINUTES!) - THE …
CREAMY POTATO SOUP - RECIPEMAGIK
EASY CREAMY POTATO SOUP THAT THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE
BEST INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP, CREAMY AND LOADED - DAILY YUM
CREAMY POTATO SOUP - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make potato soup?Easy, flavorful, creamy potato soup is just five potatoes away. Heat 1 1/2 cups water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add potatoes and celery. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain liquid into blender. Remove 3 cups cooked vegetables from saucepan; place in blender with liquid.
Should you add sour cream to potato soup?Many potato soup recipes call for milk or heavy cream to be added at the end. Some vegan versions even include coconut milk. Yet Nana says a combination of sour cream and parmesan cheese provides the perfect level of richness, silkiness, and balance of flavors.
How do you make a creamy soup?Stir in sour cream: Add sour cream and mix well. Finish with toppings if desired: Ladle soup into serving bowls, top each serving with bacon or ham, cheddar cheese and green onions. Stick with russet potatoes. They aren’t firm and waxy like the red and yellow and they’ll start to break down and make the soup creamy. Measure out the ingredients.
What to make with creamy potatoes?Creamy potatoes are blended with onion, butter, and milk – top it with cheese, bacon, and green onions - and dinner is served! ❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe! The best part about this recipe is how simple it is! This recipe has just 4 main ingredients and 4 steps so there’s no hassle in making this soup!