KEY LIME BARS
I love key lime pie, but some people are reluctant to take a whole slice of pie. These bars give just the right taste of key lime and freeze well, so I can keep a stash for when I need a tart treat. -Kristine Staton, Broomfield, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine flour, wafers, confectioners' sugar and pecans; cover and process until nuts are fine. Add butter; cover and pulse until crumbly., Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack., In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla until blended; spread over crust to edges of pan. In another small bowl, combine sugar and flour; whisk in eggs and lime juice. Gently pour over cream cheese layer., Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. Cut into bars. Just before serving, sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 63mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
KEY LIME BARS
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Press evenly onto bottom of an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Bake until dry and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. (Leave oven on.)
- Make filling: Put egg yolks and lime zest in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on high speed until very thick, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Add condensed milk in a slow, steady stream, mixing constantly. Raise speed to high; mix until thick, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add lime juice; mix until just combined.
- Spread filling evenly over crust using a spatula. Bake, rotating dish halfway through, until filling is just set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Cut into 2-by-2-inch bars. Put cream in the clean bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the clean whisk attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Garnish bars with whipped cream and a slice of lime.
KEY LIME BARS
I love lime and these are tasty. For a triple lime zap mix confectioners sugar with more key lime juice and drizzle on the cooled bars before you dust with confectioners sugar.
Provided by Diana Adcock
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 12-18 bars
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix together 1 1/4 cups flour, graham cracker crumbs, butter and confectioners sugar to form a soft dough.
- Press the dough into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan and bake until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, beat together the sugar, lime juice, remaining 1/4 cup flour, eggs, and lime peel until well mixed.
- Pour over the hot crust and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake until set, around 20 minutes or so.
- Cool on a wire rack and then cut into bars.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- These freeze well.
KEY LIME BARS
Classic Key lime pie taste in a bar! These easy-bake citrus bars are a refreshing treat for everyday or on any dessert buffet.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter thoroughly with fork. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture.
- Beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in lime juice and lime peel. Spread over layer in pan.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 3 hours until chilled. For 36 bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Garnish with lime peel. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 70 mg
KEY LIME BLONDIE BARS
Here's my tropical take on a beloved treat. These Key lime bars combine the taste of the classic pie with a blondie batter and cream cheese frosting. You can make a thicker crust if desired. -Kristin LaBoon, Austin, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. square baking pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides. Combine 1 cup cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup melted butter and 3 tablespoons brown sugar; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., For blondie layer, in a large bowl, cream softened butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs, egg white, and lime juice and zest. In a small bowl, mix flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well., Spread over crust. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack., For streusel, combine the remaining 1/3 cup cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt, along with the vanilla and cinnamon, until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping., In a large bowl, combine the 5 frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup streusel. Spread over bars. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting. Lifting with the parchment, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If desired, garnish with sliced Key limes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422 calories, Fat 19g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 283mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
A different take on the lemon bars we all love. I actually prefer them to lemon. This is my favorite bar cookie and I'm asked to bring it when going to a potluck or picnic. The recipe says it serves 36, but you can't eat just one of these delicious, tangy lime bars. You can omit the glaze and sprinkle with powdered sugar if that's your preference.
Provided by Jeanne16
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12x15-inch baking dish.
- Mix 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry cutter until crust mixture resembles crumbs. Pat crust evenly into bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup flour, white sugar, 2 teaspoons lime peel, baking powder, and food coloring in a bowl; pour over the crust.
- Return baking dish to oven; bake until filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1 teaspoon grated lime peel to make a smooth glaze; spread evenly over cooled lime bars. Let glaze set before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.5 calories, Carbohydrate 24.3 g, Cholesterol 34.2 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 83.5 mg, Sugar 18 g
KEY LIME BARS
Key lime pie bars with a crisp, buttery base and a soft, custardy, sour lime topping.
Provided by A Newby
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, then brush with melted butter. Place pan in the freezer until needed.
- Cream butter for crust in a bowl with an electric mixer. Beat in flour, brown sugar, and salt. If mixture does not hold together, knead it on a work surface. Place mounds of the mixture in the cold baking pan; press with your fingers to smooth it into a firm layer on the bottom.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly colored, about 18 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare lime layer: pour 2 tablespoons regular lime juice into a small bowl. Discard any extra, or reserve for another use. Add lime zest and Key lime juice; mix to combine.
- Combine sugar, eggs, flour, and baking powder in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer at high speed for 1 minute. Stir in lime zest-juice mixture and food coloring.
- Remove crust from the oven and immediately pour lime mixture over top. Return to the oven and bake until top is light colored and custardy, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool, about 30 minutes. Move to the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 16 squares. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 34.7 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 54.7 mg, Sugar 13.4 g
KEY LIME BARS
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until you have crumbs. Add in the sugar and melted butter.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of an 8" x 8" square baking pan. Note that a glass pan works very well for this recipe.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool slightly, while leaving the oven on.
- For the lime filling: Add the egg yolks to a mixing bowl and, using a stand or hand mixer, beat for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Mix in the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, salt, and lime zest.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust and return to the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Slice into bars and serve with a wedge of lime on top, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 kcal, Carbohydrate 60 g, Cholesterol 92 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 292 mg, Sugar 38 g, Fat 15 g, ServingSize 12 Servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
KEY LIME PIE CHEESECAKE BARS
If possible, use the juice of Key limes for this recipe. If you aren't able to find them, use an alternative, as Ree has done here.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 bars
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a 9-by-13-inch baking pan of hot water on the bottom oven rack.
- Line a second 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang around the edges, and coat with cooking spray. Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Pour in the butter and pulse until the crumbs are well coated and stick together when pinched. Press evenly into the bottom of the foil-lined pan.
- For the filling: Add the cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream, lime juice, vanilla and eggs to the food processor (no need to clean it first). Process until smooth, using a spatula to scrape the sides as needed.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the surface. Bake on the center rack until the center is just set but slightly jiggly, about 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the pan in the oven with the door closed for 10 minutes. Open the door halfway and leave the pan in the oven until the cheesecake is firmly set around the edges and very slightly jiggly in the center, about 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes, then refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, lift the cheesecake out of the pan using the foil overhang. Cut into 12 large pieces (or 24 small pieces if preferred) and place on a serving platter. Generously dust with powdered sugar and grate over lime zest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Press evenly onto bottom of an 8-inch square glass pan. Bake until dry and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Leave oven on.
- Place egg yolks and zest in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat on high speed until mixture is very thick, about 5 minutes. On medium speed, pour in condensed milk in a steady stream, scraping down sides of bowl. Beat on high speed until thick, about 3 minutes. On low speed, add lime juice; mix until just combined.
- Pour filling over crust; spread evenly. Bake until just set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Beat cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks just form. Cut dessert into 1 1/2-by-2-inch rectangles. Garnish each with whipped cream and a slice of Key lime.
HEALTHIER KEY LIME BARS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: almond flour, coconut oil, honey, ground cinnamon, salt, cans of coconut milk, lime juice, honey, limes
Provided by Joey Firoben
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish with parchment paper to hang over the edges.
- Make the crust: in a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Transfer the crust to the baking dish. Use a spatula to smooth the crust into a thin, even layer covering the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: open the cans of coconut milk and use a spoon to scoop the thick cream at the top of the can into a medium bowl. Set aside the remaining liquid for another use, such as in smoothies, soups, or sauces.
- Beat the coconut cream with a hand mixer until very fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and honey. Continue to beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust and use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Top with the lime zest.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, until the filling has set.
- Grab the parchment on both sides and lift the frozen bar from the baking dish. You may need to use a knife to release the edges or turn the dish upside down on a cutting board and tap on the bottom to release the block.
- Quickly cut the block into 16 2-inch (5-cm) square bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 11 grams
KEY LIME BARS
This recipe is based on the famous Key Lime pie from Joe's Stone Crab restaurant in Miami Beach. If you can't find Key limes, use regular fresh lime juice. The bars will keep, wrapped in plastic, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yield Makes 16
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Stir together the crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Press evenly onto the bottom of an 8-inch-square glass pan. Bake until dry and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
- Place the egg yolks and zest in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat on high speed until the mixture is very thick, about 5 minutes. On medium speed, pour in the condensed milk in a steady stream, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Beat on high speed until thick, about 3 minutes. On low speed, add the lime juice; mix until just combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust; spread evenly. Bake until just set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap; chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks just form. Cut dessert into 1 1/2 × 2-inch rectangles. Garnish each bar with whipped cream and a slice of Key lime.
More about "key lime bars recipes"
BEST KEY LIME BARS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE KEY LIME BARS
5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory Dessert
- Make crust: Add crushed graham crackers to a bowl with butter and sugar and mix until combined.
KEY LIME BARS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
KEY LIME PIE BARS RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
OUR BEST RECIPES WITH KEY LIMES | SOUTHERN LIVING
KEY LIME PIE BARS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY 5-INGREDIENT KEY LIME PIE BARS RECIPE
KEY LIME BARS RECIPES | SUGAR AND SOUL
EASY KEY LIME BARS - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
LEMON KEY LIME PIE BARS. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
20 KEY LIME PIE BAR RECIPES - HOME STRATOSPHERE
EASY KEY LIME BARS (SWEET AND TART!) - AVERIE COOKS
DELICIOUSLY EASY KEY LIME PIE BARS RECIPE - HONEY + LIME
KEY LIME PIE BARS - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
KEY LIME PIE BARS RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
EASY KEY LIME CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE - DESSERTS ON A DIME
KEY LIME BARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KID-FRIENDLY KEY LIME BARS RECIPE | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN KIDS
KEY LIME BARS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
KEY LIME PIE BARS RECIPE | KITCHN
KEY LIME BARS RECIPE - POWERED BY MOM
KEY LIME BARS - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
EASY KEY LIME PIE BARS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
SIMPLE FROM-SCRATCH KEY LIME BARS | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
KEY LIME CHEESECAKE BARS - BAKER BY NATURE
KEY LIME BARS WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST | MAKING LIFE BLISSFUL
KEY LIME PIE BARS RECIPE (KETO & LOW CARB) - MAEBELLS
EASY KEY LIME BARS RECIPE | ALSO THE CRUMBS PLEASE
KEY LIME GOOEY BARS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
TRIPLE-LAYER KEY LIME PIE BARS TASTE LIKE SUMMER SUNSHINE
IRRESISTIBLE KEY LIME PIE BARS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
HEALTHY KEY LIME PIE BARS - ALL THE HEALTHY THINGS
KEY LIME BARS RECIPE - MOM KNOWS IT ALL - FROM VAL'S KITCHEN
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
KEY LIME PIE BARS - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
HOMEMADE KEY LIME PIE BARS - SIMPLY SCRATCH
KEY LIME BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
#time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #desserts #oven #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #dietary #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love