I love these tacos. So does all of my family, which is amazing because there is always somebody who doesn't like what I have cooked.Not the case with these tacos. Make sure and be really careful when cooking the fry bread. I always eat it because it is sooooo goooood.
Provided by paula giles
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine meat, onion, salt, pepper and Tabasco in a skillet; brown.
- Cover and let simmer while making fry bread.
- ---------Fry bread (Directions) ----------------.
- Beat eggs; add milk.
- Stir in baking powder, flour, salt; mix well.
- Roll out very thin on a floured board.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Cut a slash in center of each.
- Fry in oil until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- These are crisp tacos.
- When fry bread is done, layer with meat, beans, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 871.5, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 12.7, Cholesterol 169.1, Sodium 1512.1, Carbohydrate 108.6, Fiber 11.2, Sugar 1.6, Protein 49.8
INDIAN FRY BREAD TACOS
From Ponca City, Oklahoma, LaDonna Reed writes, "Our son-in-law is half Comanche and half Kiowa, and this recipe is similar to one he uses. I downsized it for two."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in hot water to form a soft dough. Cover and let stand for 1 hour., In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Keep warm., Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 4-in. circle. , In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 350°. Fry bread circles in hot oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on paper towels. Top each with meat mixture, lettuce and tomato. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 1361mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
EASY INDIAN TACOS
- Thaw bread dough until workable.
- Combine hamburger, taco seasoning and pinto beans and cook until meat is done.
- Remove meat and beans from heat and let cool.
- Shape bread dough into the shape of a silver dollar pancake (maybe a little bigger depending on your appetite and frying pan).
- Place dough in fryer and cook on each side until golden brown (not all parts of the dough will get brown).
- Remove bread from grease and place on paper towel.
- Top bread with taco meat and beans, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, olives, guacamole, hot sauces whatever you like.
TEWA TACOS (AKA- INDIAN TACOS)
- Brown the ground beef in a saute pan. Divide equally onto 6 Fry Bread rounds. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Great served with salsa and green chile!
- Combine the flour, dry milk solids, baking powder and salt, and sift them into a deep bowl. Add the lard bits and, with your fingertips, rub the flour and fat together until the mixture resembles flakes of coarse meal. Pour in the water and toss the ingredients together until the dough can be gathered into a ball. Drape the bowl with a kitchen towel and then let the dough sit at room temperature for about 2 hours. After sitting, tear the dough into 6 equal pieces. Then, on a lightly floured surface, roll each dough ball into a circle about 4 inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thick. With a small knife, cut 2 (4 to 5-inch) long parallel slits completely through the dough, down the center of each rolled piece, spacing the slits about 1-inch apart. In a heavy, 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt the remaining pound of lard over moderate heat until it is very hot but not smoking. The melted fat should be about 1-inch deep, add more lard if necessary. Fry the rolled dough, 1 at a time, for about 2 minutes on each side, turning them once with tongs. The bread will puff slightly and become crisp and brown. Drain the Navajo fry bread on paper towels and serve warm.
OKLAHOMA INDIAN TACOS
We used to get these at county fairs in Oklahoma when I was growing up! So good! A delicious chili mixture served on top of out-of-this-world fried bread and trimmed with all your favorite taco trimmings, like shredded cheese, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives, and salsa.
Provided by Melanie2008
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat with onion until the meat is brown and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Stir in chili seasoning mix, ranch-style beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the ground beef mixture is thick, about 10 minutes; let simmer while you finish remaining steps.
- Mix self-rising flour with buttermilk in a bowl (dough will be very sticky). Scoop up about 1/4 cup of dough and gently pat into a 5-inch circle on a well-floured work surface.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy skillet until a deep-frying thermometer placed in the center of the oil, not touching the bottom, reads 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Gently place a dough circles into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 3 minutes per side. Fry bread will expand in size as it cooks. Drain the fried bread pieces on paper towels and place on baking sheets. Transfer to the oven to keep warm while you finish frying the bread.
- Top fried bread with ground beef mixture to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.4 g, Cholesterol 93.4 mg, Fat 26.1 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 1569.2 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
- Brown the beef in saute pan over medium-high heat. Add taco seasoning, to taste. Add refried beans. Mix well and set aside.
- For the Frybread: Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and powdered milk. Add lard or margarine and mix. Add water to make dough soft. Refrigerate until use. Dough will keep several days.
- In a heavy skillet, heat 3/4-inch of oil to 375 degrees F.
- Pat or roll out dough into about 6 (1/4 to 3/8-inch thick) rounds. Slide into hot oil. Puncture once or twice. Fry until golden brown. Flip the dough over and fry other side to golden brown. Take out and drain on paper towels.
- Spoon some meat onto hot bread and top with your choice of the following: cheese, tomatoes, onions, green chiles, olives, salsa, and sour cream.
FAVORITE FRY BREAD TACOS
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl; stir in water just until a fairly sticky dough forms. Set aside to rest while oil preheats.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Flatten each portion into a round disc the size of your palm.
- Fry dough discs, one at a time, in hot oil until browned on one side, about 2 minutes; turn over with tongs and cook until browned on both sides, about 1 minute more. Drain fry bread on paper towels; repeat with remaining dough.
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; stir in chili seasoning and kidney beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place fry bread on a plate; top each fry bread with a portion of chili mixture, shredded Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 695.9 calories, Carbohydrate 50.5 g, Cholesterol 102.8 mg, Fat 40.9 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 32.6 g, SaturatedFat 18.6 g, Sodium 1371.1 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
More about "indian tacos recipes"
INDIAN TACOS - HILAH COOKING
4.9/5 (27)Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
EASY HOMEMADE NAVAJO TACOS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY VEGETARIAN TACOS WITH REFRIED BEANS - DASSANA'S …
INTRODUCING THE FRANKIE! INDIA'S FLAVORFUL STREET FOOD …
INDIGENOUS TACOS RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
INDIAN TACOS WITH INDIAN FRY BREAD - AUTHENTIC NAVAJO …
INDIAN FRY BREAD TACOS - JENNIFER COOKS
INDIAN BEEF TACOS - NISH KITCHEN
ARE INDIAN TACOS A TRADITIONAL INDIGENOUS FOOD? | CBC RADIO
DAKOTA TACOS "INDIAN TACOS" – WILD IDEA BUFFALO
CHANNA MASALA VEGETARIAN INDIAN TACOS - SHARED …
7 INDIAN TACO RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 | INDIAN TACO RECIPES, TACO …
INDIAN TACOS WITH INDIAN FRY BREAD ⋆ SPRINKLE SOME FUN
AUTHENTIC INDIAN TACO RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY INDIAN TACOS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
NAVAJO FRY BREAD RECIPE (INDIAN TACOS) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SLOW COOKER LENTIL TACOS WITH INDIAN SPICES - MOM'S KITCHEN …
INDIAN TACOS - THE HUNGRY BOOKWORM - RECIPE IDEAS FOR BOOK CLUBS
INDIAN TACO RECIPE ON NAVAJO FRY BREAD| IT IS A KEEPER
INDIAN MEXICAN TACO FILLING IDEAS - MYINDIANSTOVE
INDIAN PULLED PORK TACOS | INSTANT POT PULLED PORK TACOS
MEXICAN TACOS RECIPE | VEGETARIAN TACOS | INDIAN STYLE MEXICAN TACOS
INDIAN TACOS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
INDIAN TACOS WITH YELLOW CURRY CHICKEN: EASY RECIPE
NAVAJO TACOS (INDIAN FRY BREAD) - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
STRAIGHT FROM THE BUSH, THESE TACOS ARE WILD | CBC NEWS
CRAZY ADDICTING INDIAN FRIED TACOS | NAIVE COOK COOKS
NEW MEXICO STYLE INDIAN TACO • RECIPE – I AM NEW MEXICO
BISON MEAT NAVAJO INDIAN TACOS! – #1 RANKED NEW MEXICO SALSA
HOW TO MAKE INDIAN FRY BREAD TACOS - CHEF ALLI
HOMEMADE INDIAN TACOS AND INDIAN FRYBREAD RECIPE - YOUTUBE
NAVAJO TACOS WITH THE BEST INDIAN FRY BREAD - DEVOUR DINNER
INDIAN TACOS WITH FRY BREAD – EASY FAIR FOOD FAVORITE
INDIAN FRYBREAD (NAVAJO TACOS) | THE FRAYED APRON
INDIAN TACO RECIPE: A UNIQUE NATIVE AMERICAN DELICACY!
INDIAN TACOS | NEW MEXICO BEEF COUNCIL
AUTHENTIC INDIAN FRY BREAD - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
OKLAHOMA INDIAN TACOS | RECIPE | INDIAN TACOS, INDIAN TACO RECIPES, …
INDIAN FRY BREAD TACOS - DELICIOUS INDIAN TACOS IN MINUTES
NAAN TACOS | VIDEO - NISH KITCHEN
PANEER TACOS - INDIAN MEXICAN FUSION RECIPE - PROFUSION CURRY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #beans #beef #eggs-dairy #american #mexican #cheese #dietary #ground-beef #meat
You'll also love