ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD
This is an appetizer that my husband's Italian grandmother used to make when he was a kid. When we married, he made it for my family at the holidays and now it's our most requested dish. It's so easy and everyone will think you slaved over it. This recipe makes two loaves, and trust me, you'll want to make both. Grandma Tallini makes her own bread dough of course, and you can too, but I find pizza dough from the local pizzeria or from the supermarket deli works just as good and saves me a lot of time. Same thing goes for the marinara.
Provided by Faux Chef Lael
Yield 2 loaves, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add onions, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook onions until they are translucent, then add the garlic. Cook the onions until they are carmelized.
- Remove the onions to a bowl, leaving the extra butter in the pan.
- Put the sausage into pan and chop it into bite sized chunks. Cook the sausage until it is browned.
- Add the onions back to the pan with the sausage and cover with a lid. Simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. DO NOT let it burn.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350.
- Flour a surface and roll out one dough ball with a rolling pin until it is the size of a large pizza. Try not to let it get any thin spots or holes.
- When the sausage mixture is finished, use a slotted spoon to scoop half of it onto the dough and spread it evenly over the surface. You will save the other half for the second dough. Cover with a layer of half the shredded mozzarella.
- Roll the dough up like a cinnamon roll, but tuck in the ends like a burrito before you get to the end of the roll.
- Lay it with the flap down on the cookie sheet and brush with the egg white.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes. After baking, let the bread rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Repeat process for second loaf.
- Slice and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD PIZZA
Enjoy this cheesy sausage bread pizza- a tasty Italian dinner. To speed up your prep, use 2 cups thawed Make-Ahead Seasoned Ground Beef and Sausage in place of the sausage and onions in the recipe. Add garlic to the beef mixture and sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Push sausage to edges of skillet; add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened. Remove from heat; stir in pizza sauce, oregano, pepper flakes and salt.
- With serrated knife, cut bread in half lengthwise; scoop out center of each bread half, leaving 1/2-inch border (discard removed bread or reserve for making bread crumbs). Place bread halves on cookie sheet. Spread 1/3 cup of the ricotta cheese down center of each; top evenly with sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle loaves with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1185 mg
FRENCH BREAD PIZZA
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F with one rack positioned at the bottom of the oven and another at the top.
- Cook the sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon, until some of the fat has rendered and the sausage is brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pizza sauce, garlic and thyme to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat to let the flavors infuse while the sausage and onions cook.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and arrange the bread on top, cut-side up. Spread the tops evenly with the pizza sauce, then sprinkle with the mozzarella. Divide the sausage mixture among the bread pieces, then top off with the green and red bell peppers and Parmesan.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven until the bread is crisp and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F and move the baking sheet to the top rack. Continue to bake until the cheese is bubbling and the peppers are browned in spots, about 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crushed red pepper flakes and granulated garlic on the side.
SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND CHEESE BREAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 loaf, about 14 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cornmeal onto a large baking sheet pan.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned and no pink is left, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the basil and parsley, stirring to combine. Cool the sausage mixture completely.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of cornmeal onto a lightly floured surface and place the pizza dough on top of the cornmeal. Roll the dough into a 10 by 14-inch rectangle. Spread the cooled sausage mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sausage. Brush the 1-inch border of the dough with the egg wash. Starting at a long end, roll the dough, jelly roll-style, into a log shape, pinching the edges closed as you roll. Place the bread, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet and brush the top of the bread with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake the sausage bread for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow bread to stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. To serve, slice the bread into 1-inch pieces and serve warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and 1 tablespoon oil and stir to combine. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until all the flour is incorporated but the dough is still slightly sticky. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to oil all sides. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in a warm, draft-free place until nearly doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Use as directed.
SAUSAGE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA
I never seem to have pizza dough on hand, but that doesn't stop our family from enjoying pizza. We top crusty French bread with creamy Alfredo sauce, sausage and veggies. It's great to serve at a party for children or teens. -Cherie Sweet, Evansville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place on a baking sheet. Spread cut sides with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with the sausage, olives, red pepper, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and cheese. , Bake at 350° until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Fat 20g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 1038mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
PICNIC SAUSAGE BREAD
This quick and easy recipe is great for outdoor picnics, ball games, or when you are out fishing! Feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings in the roll!
Provided by Veronica
Categories Main Dish Recipes Savory Pie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir sausage in a skillet over medium heat until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Spread pizza dough evenly onto a 9x13-inch baking sheet; sprinkle with sausage and mozzarella cheese. Roll the dough around the sausage and mozzarella, using the method similar to rolling a cinnamon roll. Crimp the roll closed; place seam side down on baking sheet. Brush the roll with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349.9 calories, Carbohydrate 25.6 g, Cholesterol 40.4 mg, Fat 18.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 18.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 973 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
SAUSAGE PIZZA LOAF
Savory slices of this bread make a favorite Saturday night meal for my family. Just like pizza, it can be eaten as a fun finger food. Guests can't stop nibbling when I serve it at parties. Plus, it's good warm or cold.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine crust mixes; prepare according to package directions. With greased fingers, press onto the bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder. , Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
PIZZA PASTA BAKE WITH SAUSAGE
This versatile one-dish pasta bake uses your favorite pizza ingredients like bell pepper, sausage, pepperoni, and olives--and you can use your family's favorite pasta shapes.
Provided by RAGÚ®
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips Ragu®
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until just lightly pink. Add green bell pepper and onion to the sausage. Continue cooking until the meat is cooked through. Add the pepperoni, olives, cream cheese, and sauce. Cook over low heat until heated through and cheese has melted.
- When pasta is done, drain and return to the pot. Stir the sausage mixture into the pasta; stir to coat the pasta.
- Add half of the pasta mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese. Spread the remaining pasta over the cheese and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and place a few pepperoni slices on top, if you like.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the pasta is heated through, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 757.6 calories, Carbohydrate 71 g, Cholesterol 83.8 mg, Fat 36.8 g, Fiber 10.9 g, Protein 36.4 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 1721.4 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
SICILIAN SAUSAGE BREAD
Make and share this Sicilian Sausage Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Dreamgoddess
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Coat pizza tin with oil.
- Roll out pizza dough on pizza tin.
- Remove casing from sausage, cut up into small pieces and brown lightly with 2 tablespoons of water in frying pan until cooked.
- Remove cooked sausage from frying pan, dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Dice the Mozzarella.
- Mix 1 raw egg with dried sausage and spread on pizza dough evenly.
- Keep part of the egg yolk for later.
- Spread diced Mozzarella on pizza dough.
- Sprinkle grated Romano cheese on pizza dough.
- Roll up dough into itself and seal ends with brushed egg yolk.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506, Fat 43.5, SaturatedFat 16.8, Cholesterol 139.4, Sodium 1111.1, Carbohydrate 3.3, Sugar 0.7, Protein 24.5
More about "italian sausage bread pizza recipes"
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PIZZA RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
Ratings 3Servings 8Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Brown the sausage. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add sausage, then use a wooden spoon to break up into smaller pieces. Cook until mostly cooked through and browned on all sides, about 3-5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a medium bowl.
- Sauté the veggies. To the same skillet, add thinly sliced fennel and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 3-5 minutes, or until they begin to brown and caramelize.
- Season the veggies. Add 2 tsp chopped rosemary, 1 tsp lemon zest, and ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, then stir to combine.
SAUSAGE PIZZA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SICILIAN SAUSAGE BREAD (BIGNOLATI) - MANGIA BEDDA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD - EMILY BITES
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
LIST OF ITALIAN DISHES - WIKIPEDIA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE FLAT BREAD PIZZA - PREMIO FREE PRINTABLE …
EASY SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE GRILLED FLATBREAD PIZZA
FRENCH BREAD PIZZA SANDWICHES WITH SWEET ITALIAN …
MOM'S SAUSAGE ROLL | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
SAUSAGE BREAD - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
FRENCH BREAD PIZZA SANDWICHES WITH HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE
FRENCH BREAD PIZZA - THE COZY APRON
ITALIAN SAUSAGE ARTICHOKE CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY …
CHEESY SAUSAGE PIZZA BREAD (EASY APPETIZER OR MAIN ... - FOODIECRUSH
CHEESY SAUSAGE PIZZA BREAD - DELALLO
LAVASH PIZZA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - ATORIA'S FAMILY BAKERY
ITALIAN SAUSAGE FLATBREAD PIZZA - AN ALLI EVENT
SAUSAGE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA - COOK2EATWELL - RECIPES
27 BEST SAUSAGE PIZZA RECIPES - BELLA BACINOS
NANA’S SAUSAGE BREAD - BEYOND FROSTING
GARLIC SAUSAGE NAAN PIZZA RECIPE » SUNNY SWEET DAYS
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD - FORTUNA'S SAUSAGE & ONLINE MARKET
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD PIZZA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
THIS HOMEMADE ITALIAN SAUSAGE PIZZA WITH PESTO SAUCE IS AMAZING!
ITALIAN SAUSAGE & CARAMELIZED ONION PIZZA - BREAD BOOZE BACON
CHICAGO-STYLE DEEP DISH PIZZA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE FLATBREAD PIZZA - OUR BEST BITES
QUICK FRENCH BREAD PIZZA - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
RECIPE FOR SAUSAGE PIZZA - DARN GOOD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA SAUSAGE - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - PORK
CLASSIC MUSHROOM AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE PIZZA RECIPE | SAUSAGE PIZZA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD PIZZA – CHAWTIME
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD PIZZA RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
SAUSAGE BREAD (WITH PIZZA DOUGH!) | KITCHN
HOMEMADE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
21 SAUSAGE PIZZA CRUST RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love