CREAMY JALAPENO CORN
This comforting and creamy corn side dish is appealing to almost everyone. It gets its spicy kick from jalapeno peppers.-Judy Carty, Wichita, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low until corn is tender, stirring occasionally, 4-5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251 calories, Fat 16g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 275mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
JALAPENO CREAMED CORN CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, muffin mix, sour cream, melted butter, jalapeno peppers, and salt in a large bowl until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376 calories, Carbohydrate 43.1 g, Cholesterol 43.8 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 833.5 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
CREAMED CORN WITH JALAPENOS
A combination of puréed corn and whole corn kernels make up this creamy side dish recipe. If you don't want this dish too spicy, use only the flesh of the jalapeños and discard the seeds, which hold most of the heat in the pepper.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a heated large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and jalapeno. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Puree 1/2 bag of corn in food processor or blender. Add pureed corn and remaining frozen corn to pan. Add cream, water, and cheese. Stir and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and serve warm.
JALAPENO CREAMED CORN
- Melt cream cheese and butter together in a saucepan over medium heat; add corn, Cheddar cheese, butter, and jalapeno pepper. Cook the corn mixture, stirring regularly, until the sauce is smooth and the ingredients are hot, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20.3 g, Cholesterol 60.6 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 479.2 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
More about "jalapeno creamed corn recipes"
VEGAN CREAMED CORN WITH JALAPEñOS | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 188 per serving
- Wash and dry the jalapeños. Very finely chop one of them, with seeds removed, and set it aside. Roughly chop the second one, with seeds removed, and set it aside separately.
- Add 1¼ cup of the corn kernels and ¼ cup of the stock to a blender and purée just until it's halfway smooth, about 10 seconds. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Now add 1 more cup of the corn kernels, the remaining ½ cup of stock and only the roughly chopped jalapeño to the blender. Purée until it's completely smooth, about 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Generously coat the bottom of a medium-sized saucepan with olive oil and place it over medium-low heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft and slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Add the very finely chopped jalapeños and sauté for another couple of minutes. Stir in the cumin and paprika and sauté until it's very aromatic, about 30 seconds.
BEST JALAPEñO POPPER CREAMED CORN RECIPE — HOW TO MAKE ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Salad, Side Dish
- Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is golden and lightly seared, about 5 minutes.
JALAPEñO CREAMED CORN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 20 minsCalories 250 per serving
10 BEST JALAPENO CORNBREAD CREAM CORN RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST JALAPENO CHEDDAR CORNBREAD WITH CREAM CORN RECIPES ...
CROCK POT JALAPENO CREAMED CORN - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
Reviews 3Servings 8Cuisine SouthernCategory Side Dish
JALAPEñO CREAMED CORN | HOMESICK TEXAN
5/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 8
- If using fresh corn, with a knife remove the kernels from the cob. Place the cobs in a medium pot and pour in the half and half. Turn the heat on low and let the cobs and half and half cook for 15 minutes. Before removing the cobs and discarding, scrape the sides to release any more milky corn essence. If using frozen corn, skip this step, and simply add the half and half to a blender.
- Meanwhile, add the butter to a large skillet and turn the heat on low. Once the butter has melted, add the corn kernels, fresh or frozen, the jalapeño, and the garlic. Stirring occasionally, cook the corn for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Remove the kernels from the heat, and place 3/4 of a cup of the kernels in the blender with the half and half. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining corn kernels, corn puree, sugar, and cayenne either to a large cast-iron skillet or a medium pot. Turn the heat on low, and while stirring occasionally, cook until it’s reduced and thickened, about 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
CREAMY JALAPEñO CORN - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 179 per serving
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add diced jalapeños and minced garlic, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add corn, salt, paprika, and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until ingredients are heated through.
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, or until cream thickens slightly. Remove from heat and serve.
JALAPEñO CREAMED CORN - THE HOPELESS HOUSEWIFE® - THE ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bring water to boil in an 8 quart saucepan, add corn to water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from water, place on a baking sheet and let cool. Lightly brush corn with olive oil, place baking sheet under broiler in the 400 degree oven. Cook corn for 2 minutes on each side or until corn reaches desired roasted color. Remove from oven and let cool. Once the corn is cooled, remove kernels from the cob, place kernels is a bowl and set aside.
- In a two quart sauce pan, melt butter and sauté shallot until translucent. Add the corn, half and half and sugar. Stir continually until thickened. Salt to taste. Add the fresh jalapeno and stir. Serve immediately.
JALAPENO CREAMED CORN – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SMOKED JALAPENO CHEDDAR CREAMED CORN | OKLAHOMA JOE'S®
5/5 (3)Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Side
JALAPENO CORNBREAD CASSEROLE | TODAY'S CREATIVE IDEAS
JALAPEñO CREAMED CORN | SIMPLY GLUTEN FREE
SPICY CREAMED CORN CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PAPPAS BAR-B-Q JALAPEñO CREAMED CORN PUDDING - BEST TASTY ...
JALAPENO CREAMED CORN RECIPE
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE CORN FRITTERS WITH BRIE AND SWEET ...
SKILLET JALAPENO CORN BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CREAM CORN WITH JALAPENO RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
JALAPENO CORNBREAD RECIPE WITH CREAMED CORN - SIMPLE CHEF ...
ZESTY JALAPENO CREAMED CORN - FOOD LION
SOUR CREAM CORNBREAD WITH JALAPEñO RECIPE
JETHROS JALAPENO CREAMED CORN RECIPES
JALAPEñO CREAMED CORN
You'll also love