CRAB FRIED RICE
Crab Fried Rice is a classic and much beloved Thai dish, characterized by its delicate flavors. The lump crab is really the star of the show in this recipe.
Provided by Kaitlin
Number Of Ingredients 14
- First, prep all of your ingredients, including your aromatics--ginger, garlic, cilantro, and scallion. Prep the beaten eggs as well and set them aside. Only when you have all the ingredients prepared and ready to go should you start cooking.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the ginger first, stirring for 30 seconds. Then add the garlic. When the garlic is just cooked (before it starts to turn golden), add the cooked rice to the wok, and turn up the heat to high. Stir fry the rice for 3 minutes or so until it's thoroughly combined with the ginger/garlic mixture and/or warmed through if you're using leftover rice.
- Now for the flavorings: add the white pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce, and shaoxing wine to the rice. If it's not quite salty enough for you or if you know you won't be eating it with added hot sauce, now is the time to add salt to taste. Stir-fry to combine.
- Using your spatula, spread the rice out into an even layer along the surface of the wok. Pour the beaten egg evenly over the rice. Stir the rice until all of the egg is cooked and incorporated. The egg coats the rice and makes for a most excellent savory experience. Much better than broken up bits/huge chunks of scrambled egg throughout.
- Before adding the crab, use your spatula to once more spread the rice evenly in the wok. Add the crab to the rice and stir fry thoroughly. When the crab is warmed through, add the scallion and cilantro and stir-fry briefly until the herbs are just wilted. Serve and finish with a squeeze of lime and your favorite chili oil!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 kcal, Carbohydrate 47 g, Protein 19 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 137 mg, Sodium 1170 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
YAKIMESHI (JAPANESE FRIED RICE)
This easy Yakimeshi (a.k.a. Chahan) recipe is a delicious Japanese fried rice that comes together in minutes from just a handful of simple ingredients.
Provided by Marc Matsumoto
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Use your hands to crumble the rice.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat until hot and then add the vegetable oil, swirling to coat the pan.
- Add the egg and let it bloom for a few seconds before quickly scrambling them.
- Add the crumbled rice to the egg before it's fully cooked and use a spatula or wooden paddle to break up any clumps of rice or egg.
- Add the ham, and toss to distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the rice and continue tossing until the rice doesn't stick together.
- Drizzle the soy sauce along the rim of the pan and then quickly toss the rice to coat it evenly.
- Finish by adding the sesame oil and scallions and toss to combine.
- To serve the Yakimeshi, you can press the rice into a bowl to mold it into a perfect dome.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476 kcal, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 18 g, Fat 27 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, Cholesterol 185 mg, Sodium 1107 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add carrots and cook until softened, about 2 minutes more. Add crab and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
- Mix soy sauce, maple syrup, and sesame oil to the vegetable mixture in the skillet. Add cooked rice and stir to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.5 calories, Carbohydrate 79.7 g, Cholesterol 43.1 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 571.4 mg, Sugar 5 g
More about "japanese style crab fried brown rice recipes"
KING CRAB CAULIFLOWER FRIED "RICE" - SKINNYTASTE
4.3/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 237 per serving
- If making the rice yourself, place a few florets at a time in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower in a few batches.
- In a large pot, add about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add the crab leg and cook, covered until heated through, about 10 minutes. When cooked, remove the crab from the shell and lightly flake.
- Season eggs with salt. Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil. Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
CRAB FRIED RICE RECIPE TESTED AND GIVEAWAY! • STEAMY ...
Reviews 4Servings 4Cuisine AsianCategory Dinner
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a wok or large non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Use your hottest burner, too. The second the oil begins to smoke, pour in the beaten eggs and swirl them around in the pan to coat it in a thin layer. Let this cook for a couple seconds, then use a spatula or wooden spoon to break it up into pieces. Tip it out of the pan and into a bowl. Set aside.
- Wipe the inside of the wok with a paper towel and add the remaining peanut oil. Let this heat up for a minute or so, and the moment it smokes, add the chopped green onions, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and chiles and stir-fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute over high heat.
- Add the rice, crabmeat, pineapple, cooked eggs, and fish sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Now let the mixture cook undisturbed for 1 minute; this gives it a little color. Toss well and repeat the process for 1 more minute. Turn off the heat and mix in the cilantro.
COMBINATION FRIED RICE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Calories 519 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
CRAB FRIED RICE | RECIPE | ASIAN RECIPES, SEAFOOD …
5/5 (20)Total Time 25 minsServings 4
CHICHI SINGAPORE – MODERN JAPANESE RESTAURANT FOR …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
245 EASY AND TASTY BREAKFAST RICE RECIPES BY HOME …
RICE COOKERS RECIPES | ZOJIRUSHI.COM
JAPANESE RICE BOWL | GUEST RECIPES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES ...
54 EASY AND TASTY CRAB AND SHRIMP RICE RECIPES BY HOME ...
CRAB FRIED RICE | SPICY AND EASY RECIPE AT HOME - EASY ...
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE – DRSTARVE
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE RECIPE - ALL …
RECIPE JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE - ALL …
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE RECIPE | THE …
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE RECIPE - HEALTHY …
CRAB FRIED RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CRAB FRIED RICE?
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE BEST DISHES - …
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE | RECIPE | BROWN …
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 DUNGENESS CRAB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRAB FRIED RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
JAPANESE STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE- TFRECIPES
FRIED DUNGENESS CRAB RECIPES
JAPANESE-STYLE CRAB FRIED BROWN RICE THE BEST RECIPES ...
You'll also love