- Open package of shredded phyllo and spread apart onto a big pan. Let dry overnight, and flip over to let other side dry.
- Spread phyllo into 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees. Bake for 2 hours, until golden. Remove from oven. Let cool.
- In a saucepan combine sugar, water, vanilla sugar, cold water, and lemon slices. Bring to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in additional 1/2 cup cold water to cool down syrup. Remove lemon slices.
- When phyllo is cool, pour the cooled syrup on top. Sprinkle crushed walnuts on top and set aside for about 1 hour to allow syrup to soak in. Cut into squares and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of the springform pan with a layer of the kataifi. Bake until golden brown, 10 minutes. Then cool completely.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Place the pistachios, cinnamon and cloves in a food processor and process until the nuts are chunky and uniform in size. Do not over process. Reserve half of the nuts for a later use.
- Sprinkle the first half of the nuts over the baked pastry; spread most of the nuts towards the edges of the pan and fade to a light coating in the center of the pan. This will create a nice crust on the back of each piece when the dessert is cut and served.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the ricotta, cream, sugar and vanilla with a large spoon. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or by hand with a whisk, whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the ricotta mixture with a spatula or rubber scraper. Pour the mixture into the pan over the nuts. Sprinkle the remaining nuts on top of the ricotta mixture similar to the first time, with most of the nuts on the outer edge and fade to lightly coat the center. Spread the remaining sheet of kataifi on top of the cake, covering the entire surface.
- Bake until golden brown and the cake is set, 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Pour the hot Citrus Syrup over the cooled cake, then cut and serve.
- Place the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and orange zest in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture achieves a syrup consistency, 20 minutes.
KUNEFE (A SWEET CHEESE PASTRY MADE WITH KADAIFI)
For a request. This recipe is by Ana Sortun. I often make my own syrup by boiling 1 cup honey (I believe Greek thyme honey is the best, and if you can get it, go for it!), 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups water with 1 stick of cinnamon for 10 minutes.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place kadafi in a food processor and chop up finely.
- Add butter and milk and line a 8 inch square heavy baking dish with half of this mixture.
- Mix the cheeses with the pistachios, sugar& nutmeg and spread onto shredded filo.
- Top with the remaining shredded pastry.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Make a sugar syrup by boiling water with sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook until reduced by a third and it becomes nice and thick.
- Stir in rose water to taste.
- When kunefe comes out of the oven, ladle 2/3 of the hot syrup over it and save the rest to pass while eating.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.7, Fat 25.5, SaturatedFat 13.7, Cholesterol 64.7, Sodium 337.4, Carbohydrate 57.4, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 40.4, Protein 11.8
More about "kadaif recipes"
KADAIF RECIPE - ARTI GATIMIT
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- To start we prepare the filling. We take the walnuts and we crush them using a bottle so that they crushed a little. In a bowl, we put the crushed walnuts along with the cinnamon, the two spoons of sugar, the sea biscuit, and the cognac. We stir them thoroughly in order that all the components mixed with each other.
- We take the kadaif and we open it in threads. We open it part by part. We take some threads, we straighten them thoroughly and we put on them a spoon of the filling. We start to roll the kadaif trying to hold the filling in the middle.
- We put the prepared roll in the bakeware. We proceed in this way until we finish the whole kadaif. After we are finished, we pour the melted butter over the kadaif.
- We put the bakeware in the hot oven at 100°C for about 1 hour and later at 150°C for around 10 minutes until the kadaif obtains a yellow color. We let it cool completely.
KADAIF RECIPE- PREPARE THIS DELICIOUS TURKISH SWEET IN 1 HR
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Sweet CourseCalories 302 per serving
- For the first step, start preparing the syrup; add the water and sugar (and optionally honey), and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Wait for the mix to start boiling and right after that, let it simmer for 5 minutes. Skim off the foam, add the shredded lemon peel and the rose water, and boil for a few more minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C) and in the meantime, melt the butter over very low heat. Skim the white foamy surface (when the butter melts) and pour the rest into a cup. Leave the milky residue in the pan.
KADAIF: A SWEET & CRISPY DESSERT (KADAYIF) RECIPE | CAKIES
4.4/5 (25)Servings 30Cuisine AlbanianCategory Squares And Bars
10 BEST KATAIFI RECIPES | YUMMLY
KADAYIF WITH CUSTARD CREAM RECIPE | KADAIF | KATAIFI - YOUTUBE
EKMEK KADAYıFı RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
KADAYIF TWO WAYS: CREAM KADAYIF, KADAYIF WITH CHEESE
KATAIFI - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC GREEK RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
TURKISH FOOD & RECIPES: STUFFED KADAIFI (KADAYIF DOLMASI)
KADAIF OR MIDDLE EASTERN CHEESECAKE - THIS IS HOW I COOK
KADAYIF, KADAIF, KANAFE, KANOFA, KANAFEH…WHO KNOWS?
TURKISH KADAYIF RECIPE - A SUPER SWEET DESSERT | KARLIJN'S KITCHEN
EASY MOCK KADAIF YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME | RECIPE
KATAIFI NESTS: THE PERFECT GREEK MAKE-AHEAD DESSERT
HOW TO MAKE KATAIFI PASTRY FROM SCRATCH! - HILDA'S KITCHEN …
BIRD'S NEST PASTRIES (KADAIF) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PRAWN AND BASIL KADAIF, TOMATO AND EXOTIC FRUIT CHUTNEY RECIPE
KADAIF | ALL ABOUT CUISINES
EKMEK KADAYıFı: A TURKISH BREAD AND CREAM DESSERT RECIPE
KADAIF WITH FLUFFY CREAM - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
NUT-FILLED KADAIF (KINAFFEH) - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
HOMEMADE KATAIFI RECIPE! - MY GREEK DISH
CATEGORY:KADAIF RECIPES | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
HOW TO MAKE KADAIF | KADAIF (KATAIFI) RECIPE
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI'S RECIPES FOR AUBERGINE KADAIFI NEST, PLUS GOAT'S ...
KADAIF OR KADAYIF (CHEESE KUNAFA RECIPE) - MISSION FOOD
CREAM KADAYIF AND KADAYIF WITH CHEESE - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
KADAIF | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
GREEK EKMEK KATAIFI - SYRUPY SHREDDED PASTRY AND CREAM DESSERT
TURKISH FOOD & RECIPES: TURKISH MILK PUDDING WITH KADAIFI …
KADAYIF (KATAIFI-KADAIF) | RECIPE, ORIGIN, HISTORY | DISHES: ORIGINS
GREEK KATAIFI BITES (SHREDDED PHYLLO BAKLAVA'S) - REAL GREEK RECIPES
KANAFEH - TRADITIONAL MIDDLE EASTERN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
KADAIF - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
WALNUTS FILLED KADAYıF RECIPE - TURKISH STYLE COOKING
CUP KADAYIF RECIPE WITH WALNUT AND PISTACHIO - - YOUTUBE
PISTACHIO KADAYIF DESSERT KADAIF RECIPE - GIVE RECIPE
KADAIF :: QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPES
KADAYIF (KADAIF) PISTACHIO-FILLED SHREDDED PHYLLO DOUGH)
HOMEMADE KUNEFE RECIPE - TURKISH CHEESE DESSERT - COOKING …
GREEK EKMEK KATAIFI RECIPE (CUSTARD AND WHIPPED CREAM PASTRY …
KADAYIF CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
KADAIF | TRADITIONAL SWEET PASTRY FROM BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best kadaif (kadayif)?Kadaif (Kadayif) is really easy to make. You’ll need, sugar, water, melted butter, vanilla sugar, the peel and juice of a lemon, kadaif (shredded filo/phyllo dough) and walnuts. Take the Kadaif and separate it on a baking tray.
How long do you cook kadayif?Bake for about 25 minutes in a medium oven, until the top of the kadayif turns golden brown. While the kadayif is baking, prepare a syrup with the water, sugar and lemon juice. When the kadayif has become a rich golden color, remove from the oven, place on a serving dish and cover with the boiling syrup.
How to make kadaif (shredded filo)?You’ll need, sugar, water, melted butter, vanilla sugar, the peel and juice of a lemon, kadaif (shredded filo/phyllo dough) and walnuts. Take the Kadaif and separate it on a baking tray.
How much butter do you put in a kadaif?For The Kadaif 1 500 Grams kataifi dough (17.6 oz.) 2 1 Cup unsalted butter 3 280 Grams pistachios or walnuts (10 oz.) 4 1 Teaspoon cinnamon 5 1 Teaspoon cardamom More ...