HEARTY KIELBASA STEW
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven, add kielbasa and brown lightly over medium high heat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add carrots, celery and onion and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and kielbasa, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580.2, Fat 35, SaturatedFat 12.5, Cholesterol 82.3, Sodium 2283.9, Carbohydrate 40, Fiber 8.7, Sugar 23.3, Protein 19.8
KIELBASA SKILLET STEW
I grew up on a Montana ranch, and this dish reminds me of the kind we used to prepare for the hay and harvest crews. The bacon and sausage provide rich flavor to this comforting. When I make this dish, I share a taste of my country memories with my family. -Machelle Lewis, Henderson, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 12-in. skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. Cook sausage and onions in drippings over medium heat until onion is tender; drain. , Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over stew.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 18g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 993mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook sausage in butter until brown. Pour broth, tomato soup and water into pan with sausage. Stir in cabbage, onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, or until flavors are well blended. Stir in sour cream and heat through before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.5 g, Cholesterol 59.3 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 11.1 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 1516.6 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and glistening, about 6 minutes. Add the paprika and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until the oil turns deep red, about 1 minute. Add the flour and cook until just toasted, 30 more seconds. Immediately whisk in 4 cups water. Add the kielbasa, carrots, parsnips, potatoes and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until the vegetables are tender and the broth has thickened, about 20 minutes. Add the vinegar and season with pepper.
- Combine about half of the parsley with the sour cream in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the stew into bowls; top with the remaining parsley, a dollop of herbed sour cream and a sprinkle of paprika. Serve with bread.
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA STEW
- Place half the sausage in a slow cooker, and top with the sauerkraut. Cover with the remaining sausage, apples, and onion. Top with the potatoes. Pour chicken broth over all, and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Cover, and cook on High 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Top each serving with Swiss cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.5 calories, Carbohydrate 30.7 g, Cholesterol 82.1 mg, Fat 33.3 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 11.8 g, Sodium 1789.3 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
KIELBASA CABBAGE STEW
If you enjoy German potato salad, you'll love this stew. Caraway seeds, smoky kielbasa, tender potatoes and shredded cabbage make it a delicious, surprisingly light change of pace. -Valerie Burrows, Shelby, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan or nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Add the potatoes, cabbage, onion, broth, 1/2 cup water, sugar, caraway seeds and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally., Add beans and cider vinegar; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 1143mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
KIELBASA STEW (CROCK POT)
This sounds really good and I hope to make it soon. From the Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining by Phyllis Pellman Good & Dawn J. Ranck.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Crumble bacon and place in large slow cooker.
- Add onions and sausage to drippings in skillet.
- Cook until onions are soft.
- Transfer onions and sausage to slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to cooker and stir together well.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
More about "kielbasa stew recipes"
KIELBASA STEW RECIPE - MASHED
5/5 (20)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 312 per serving
BAKED BEAN & KIELBASA STEW RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
KIELBASA STEW RECIPE
KIELBASA STEW RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
RUSTIC LENTIL STEW RECIPE - LENTIL SOUP WITH KIELBASA
KIELBASA STEW - A GOOD LIFE FARM - COSMOPOLITAN …
CHICKEN AND KIELBASA WINTER STEW - MIDWEST LIVING
24 BEST KIELBASA AND SMOKED SAUSAGE RECIPES
LENTIL AND KIELBASA STEW RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
KIELBASA STEW - FARM BELL RECIPES
KIELBASA AND CABBAGE - POLISH SUMMER HUNTER'S STEW ...
15 BEST KIELBASA RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL ...
KIELBASA STEW RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
KIELBASA BEAN STEW – SKINNY SPATULA
CROCK POT KIELBASA AND SHRIMP STEW RECIPE - TAMMILEE TIPS
KIELBASA POTATO STEW - TOFURKY
BEEF KIELBASA STEW - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
POLSKA KIELBASA PEPPER STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LENTIL KIELBASA STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PORK KIELBASA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
KIELBASA STEW RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
KIELBASA WITH KRAUT - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SMOKED SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
CROCK POT KIELBASA STEW RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
LENTIL KIELBASA STEW RECIPE | RECIPELAND
HEARTY SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE | HILLSHIRE FARM® BRAND
RECIPES FOR KIELBASA STEW - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
POLISH HUNTER'S STEW RECIPE (BIGOS) - KIELBASA STORIES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pork #potatoes #vegetables #diabetic #stews #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook kielbasa soup?Immediately whisk in 4 cups water. Add the kielbasa, carrots, parsnips, potatoes and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until the vegetables are tender and the broth has thickened, about 20 minutes. Add the vinegar and season with pepper.
How to cook kielbasa in a Dutch oven?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Heat butter in a Dutch oven, add kielbasa and brown lightly over medium high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook over medium heat until softened.
How do you cook kielbasa and carrots in a sauce?Add carrots, celery and onion and cook over medium heat until softened. Add remaining ingredients and kielbasa, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. “A tummy filling one pot meal - just add some rye bread for dunking in the sauce.”
What is kielbasa stew made of?Kielbasa and Cabbage come together to form a perfect Polish summer hunter's stew. It's made from young cabbage, that is at its peak at the begging of the summer, with the addition of smoky Polish sausage and fragrant dill.