Want a curry without too many calories? Use fat-free Greek yogurt instead of cream for a healthy korma that will give your local takeaway a run for its money
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put 1 chopped onion, 2 roughly chopped garlic cloves and a roughly chopped thumb-sized piece of ginger in a food processor and whizz to a paste.
- Tip the paste into a large high-sided frying pan with 3 tbsp water and cook for 5 mins. Add 4 tbsp korma paste and cook for a further 2 mins until aromatic.
- Stir 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces, into the sauce. Add 50g ground almonds, 4 tbsp sultanas, 400ml chicken stock and ¼ tsp golden caster sugar.
- Give everything a good mix, then cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in a 150g pot Greek yogurt and some seasoning, then scatter over a small bunch of chopped coriander and more ground almonds, if using. Serve with brown or white basmati rice.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook cinnamon sticks, cloves, and cardamom seeds in hot oil for three minutes. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Cut each chicken breast half into 4 pieces, and add to skillet; cook for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt, red pepper flakes, coriander, and cumin. Stir in the tomato sauce and water. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Stir in buttermilk, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Just before serving, mix in the parsley.
Try our comforting Indian-inspired recipes for a midweek family dinner. We've included healthy and vegetarian options too, all just as flavourful thanks to spiced korma paste.
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic, and continue cooking 1 minute. Mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook and stir 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir peas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and cream into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan adding chopped onions and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on a medium heat until the onions are slightly brown. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 1 or 2 minutes. Add the salt, turmeric and ground cumin.
- Turn up the heat and further cook for another 1 minute then add the chicken. It is very crucial that spices are mixed within the pan at this point and stirred to ensure that the chicken cooks with texture and flavor. Add water after stirring the chicken into the spices. Turn down the heat slightly and stir in the garam masala and cream cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with green coriander.
weeknight time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion main-dish potatoes vegetables indian easy vegetarian dietary spicy one-dish-meal egg-free free-of-something onions peppers taste-mood 3-steps-or-less 4-hours-or-less
People also searched
More recipes about "korma"
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN KORMA - SWASTHI ...
2018-01-24 · Marination for chicken korma recipe To a mixing bowl, add chicken, 3 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp red …
- To a mixing bowl, add chicken, 3 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp red chili powder and 1 tsp garam masala.
PANEER KORMA RECIPE (PANEER KURMA) - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
2014-07-20 · To make this paneer korma, poppy seeds and coconut are ground to a smooth paste and cooked along with onion tomato gravy till it releases a good aroma. …
- Grind poppy seeds or cashews to fine powder first. Add coconut to the powder and repeat grinding. Add water just enough to make thick paste. Grind till smooth. Keep this aside
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | AUTHENTIC AND EASY INSTANT POT ...
2021-02-15 · You can cook rice at the same time by using a pot in pot method. Place a steamer rack on top of your chicken and sauce. Into a 6-inch pan, add 1 cup rinsed …
- Blend together onion, tomatoes, serrano, ginger, garlic, cashews, turmeric, salt, cayenne, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, cumin, and coriander.
- Pour the sauce into the inner liner of your Instant Pot. Rinse out the blender container using the water, and pour water into the pressure cooker liner as well.
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN KURMA | CHICKEN ...
Ingredients of Chicken Korma Recipe: Chicken cooked in a host of spices such as cardamom, cloves, garlic, coriander, chili powder, ginger paste along with a mixture of …
THE HAIRY BIKERS' CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Stir in the yoghurt, cover with cling film and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes but ideally 2–6 hours. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan and add the onions, garlic and …
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
2019-08-18 · Korma is prepared by marinating and then braising a meat in a yogurt or cream base. The dish is traditionally cooked on low heat for around an hour until the meat is tender and the sauce turns into a rich and creamy glaze.
See details ››
THE BEST AUTHENTIC CHICKEN KORMA - TEA FOR TURMERIC
2020-08-14 · Chicken korma was originally made without tomatoes, but I’ve found that they’re commonly used in Pakistani & Indian korma recipes. Tomatoes give off water and result in a thinner, curry-like consistency while yogurt gives a thicker masala-like consistency. I just love the flavor and texture that tomatoes give to korma …
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. Once hot, add the oil and onions and sauté the onions until they are golden brown (~20-25 minutes depending on quantity). Remove the onions from the pan and transfer them to a food processor. Add tomatoes (if using) and yogurt to the food processor and process until mostly smooth.
- In the same pan used to brown onions, heat ghee (or oil) and add the whole spices, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 30 seconds or until the garlic and ginger begin to darken. Add the chicken and fry it until it changes color (~5 minutes).
- Add the yogurt mixture to chicken along with the ground spices, salt, and green chili peppers and sauté until the mixture comes to a light simmer (~2-3 minutes).
- Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and allow it to cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and stir in the black cardamom (if using), mace, garam masala, and nutmeg powder. Cover and cook again for 10 minutes.
INDIAN CHICKEN KORMA - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
2019-01-18 · How to Make Korma Sauce. Assemble the ingredients to make the chicken korma sauce recipe. You will need these chicken korma ingredients: 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3/4 cup …
- Drizzle the chicken with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sprinkle on the garam masala, curry powder, salt and pepper. Massage into the meat and cover, leaving to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Instead of a bowl, use a 1 gallon zip top bag to marinate the chicken for a more even distribution of the marinade and easier clean up.
- Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F. Remove to a cutting board and cover with foil, allowing it to rest while you make the sauce.
- Meanwhile, make the korma sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok set over medium heat. When hot, add onions and 1/4 cup water. Sauté until onions are golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Stir in the ground almonds and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to the bowl of a blender. Add yogurt and remaining water; puree until smooth.
KORMA - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC INDIAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
2020-10-01 · What is korma? Korma is an Indian dish of meat braised in a mixture of coconut milk, dahi (yoghurt), water, spices and oilseeds, often almonds or cashews. The spices used for the dish are usually garam masala, curry powder, cinnamon, cardamom, ground coriander and turmeric. These elements form the basis of the recipe.
KORMA | RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
2020-03-31 · Cut the chicken, lamb or beef into bite-size chunks. Peel (or trim) and roughly chop the alliums. Place a pan large enough to hold all the ingredients on a medium heat with the oil. Add the …
- Note: all veg weights are for trimmed, prepped vegetables.Cut the chicken, lamb or beef into bite-size chunks.Peel (or trim) and roughly chop the alliums.
- Place a pan large enough to hold all the ingredients on a medium heat with the oil.Add the alliums, meat, curry powder and smoked paprika.
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE - HOW TO COOK IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
2019-05-22 · Some korma recipe adds shredded coconuts to the onion/yogurt paste. Shredded coconut is frequently used in Asian dishes. Add some if you like the coconut flavor, Nuts Cashew nuts and almond are both commonly used nuts in Indian cooking. They render a smooth and creamy texture to the korma chicken. Nuts also help to thicken the gravy. Oil. Ghee is best for making korma …
- Heat up some ghee a pan. Add the sliced onions and stir-fry over low heat until golden brown. Remove and let it cools.
CREAMY COCONUT VEGETARIAN KORMA | THE ENDLESS MEAL®
2016-06-13 · Clear out your fridge with this coconut vegetarian korma recipe. The thing I love about making vegetarian korma (aside from the fact that it is SO EASY to whip up last minute) is that the recipe …
- Add the potatoes to a medium-sized pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let the potatoes boil for 5 minutes then add the rest of the veggies to the pot. Let them boil for another 5 minutes then drain the pot and set it aside.
- While the veggies are cooking, start preparing the vegetarian korma sauce. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the tomato paste and all of the spices. Stir well then return the pot to the heat. When the spices are fragrant and the tomato paste caramelized, after about 1 minute, add the coconut milk, cashews, lemon juice and 1 1/4 cups of water. Let the pot boil for 5 minutes to soften the cashews.
- Working in batches, blend the curry until it is smooth then add it back to the pot. Stir through the yogurt and brown sugar and add more sea salt, if needed. Stir the veggies into the curry and serve immediately topped with any or all of the toppings.
VEG KURMA | KORMA RECIPE (2 WAYS) » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
2021-01-02 · Korma is a specialty from the Mughlai cuisine. The base gravy or sauce varies with the region the Korma recipe comes from. The North and Central Indian have their korma base sauce …
VEGETABLE KORMA - VEGAN HEAVEN
2020-11-17 · Step: Finely chop the onion, the garlic, and the ginger. 3. Step: In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the onion for 3 minutes until translucent. Then add the garlic and the ginger and cook for 2 …
- Cut the carrots into half moons, the cauliflower into small florets, and the potatoes into medium-sized cubes. Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes in boiling water. Then add the remaining vegetables and cook them for another 5 minute.
- In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the onion for 3 minutes until translucent. Then add the garlic and the ginger and cook for 2 more minutes.
BEEF KORMA | NISH KITCHEN
2019-11-18 · Make korma paste according to recipe instructions (Recipe link below this recipe). Set aside. Heat ghee in a large frying pan over high heat. Add beef and cook, turning often, for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove beef from the pan. Set aside. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until onions are browned. Add korma …
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan over high heat. Add beef and cook, turning often, for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove beef from the pan. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onions. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until onions are browned. Add korma paste. Sauté, stirring, for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add water, yogurt, coriander (cilantro) leaves and browned beef. Season with salt. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, for one hour or until beef pieces are tender.
VEGAN VEGETABLE KORMA - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
NAVRATAN KORMA RECIPE: TIPS FOR MAKING NAVRATAN KORMA ...
2021-07-23 · Ingredients. Soak the cashew nuts in a small bowl of cool water for 1 hour. Drain, and transfer the nuts to the bowl of a food processor with the garlic, ginger, green chili, and garam masala. Season with salt and purée until the mixture resembles a smooth paste. Heat the ghee or oil in a large pot over medium heat.
KORMA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2011-02-01 · DIRECTIONS On a stove top heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onion until tender. Mix in the ginger, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the curry powder; continue to cook for 1 minute. In a separate bowl mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews, and tomato sauce then add to skillet with salt and 1/2 tablespoon curry powder.
HOW TO MAKE KORMA SAUCE AT HOME | BON APPéTIT
2020-09-15 · For the unifying finale, turn off the heat and stir in 3–4 tablespoons of coconut cream, heavy cream, or yogurt, to taste. The nut butter may go undetected, but it is the subtle star of this ...
15 KORMA RECIPES IDEAS | KORMA, RECIPES, KORMA RECIPE
Jul 23, 2018 - Explore Rhoda Auerbach's board "Korma recipes", followed by 131 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about korma, recipes, korma recipe.
5 BEST MUTTON KORMA RECIPES: FROM AWADHI GOSHT KORMA TO ...
2021-03-14 · 5 Best Mutton Korma Recipes Shouldn't Miss: 1. Awadhi Gosht Korma. A delicate mutton preparation cooked in traditional Lucknowi dum-style, Awadhi gosht korma is a hearty meal prepared with a mix of select spices and herbs in a yogurt-gravy flavoured with rose water. Find the full recipe here. 2. Marchwangan Korma. Straight from the kitchens of Kashmir, this korma recipe is sure to set …
KORMA RECIPES IN URDU & ENGLISH - EASY COOKING RECIPES
Korma Recipes Find latest recipes latest and best collection of Korma Recipes in Urdu at Hamariweb.com. These recipes are cooked by famous chef's including Rida Aftab, Shireen Anwar, Gulzar, Zubeida Tariq and Sadat Siddiqui. MakeKorma Recipes from our exclusive range and make your occasion special.
See details ››
KORMA RECIPE - LETS GET COOKING
2021-07-17 · We will also bring for our friends and visitors several other event special dishes and food recipes like bhuna hua gosht, mutton fried dish, eid special mutton fried, mutton karahi, beef karahi, dum pukht, chicken korma, Mughlai korma, special Lahori korma, korma lamb, korma sauce, korma curry, korma beef, korma masala, korma chicken curry, korma fish, korma fish curry, korma Kashmiri, korma ...
See details ››