SHRIMP AND CHORIZO IN GARLIC SAUCE
- In a medium straight-sided pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat and saute the chorizo and onions, breaking the chorizo up with a wooden spoon while cooking until it resembles ground beef. Add the adobo, paprika and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook until the fat is rendered and the onions are tender and cooked into the chorizo, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil and the garlic and lower the heat to medium-low. Let the flavors infuse over the low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the shrimp to the garlic oil, raise the heat slightly, and stir and turn to cook the shrimp evenly, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve as an appetizer on toothpicks with crusty, chewy bread.
ONE-POT SPANISH-STYLE SHRIMP AND CHORIZO PASTA
Fideos are very thin noodles that are traditionally cooked right in the sauce, allowing them to soak up maximum flavor. Both angel hair pasta and capellini are great substitutes if you don't have access to Spanish fideos. To create a nutty, smoky layer, the noodles are first toasted with olive oil and chorizo. A good-quality bottled clam juice is important here, since it creates the briny broth that accentuates the shrimp and enhances the overall seafood flavor; the Bar Harbour brand has a very clean and naturally briny clam flavor.
Provided by Kay Chun
Categories pastas, seafood, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and pasta, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until pasta starts to turn golden, about 5 minutes (pasta will break up a bit during stirring).
- Lower heat and add garlic, tomato paste and chorizo, and cook until tomato paste is lightly caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. Add fennel, clam juice and 1 cup of water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over moderate heat until pasta has softened and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, peas and Parmesan, cover and cook until shrimp is opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Drizzle with oil and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 435, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1310 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SANDWICH
This is an easy version of a Shrimp and Chorizo with Aioli Sandwich. I like combinations that can be served with rice or potatoes or a salad for my DH, but which I can take as a sandwich to work, since I work evenings. This comes from Yahoo! Shine.
Provided by threeovens
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium saucepan, bring heavily salted water to a boil; add shrimp and turn off heat.
- After about 3 minutes check one shrimp, by cutting open, to see if it is cooked through; if so, drain and rinse shrimp - if not, let poach a few minutes more in the salted water.
- Cut shrimp into 1/4 inch dice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and salt to make and aioli.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, chorizo, green onions, and half the aioli; taste and adjust seasoning (add more aioli if needed).
- Slice the rolls, and fill with the shrimp salad; top with arugula, close sandwich and serve.
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SANDWICH
- 1. Bring a medium saucepan filled with heavily salted water to a boil. Add the shrimp and turn off the heat. Let the shrimp rest in the water for 3 minutes, then cut into one shrimp to see if it's cooked -- it should be just cooked and still springy. If they're cooked, drain and rinse the shrimp under cold water for 15 seconds (to cool them just slightly). If not, let them continue poaching until cooked through. Slice the cooked shrimp into 1/4-inch pieces. 2. Meanwhile, cut the chorizo -- I like to cut it into quarters lengthwise, and then crosswise into 1/8-inch slices. 3. Make the aioli: in a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon (feel free to add more lemon, and salt, if desired). 4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, chorizo, scallions, and half the aioli. Fold together. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more aioli as needed. 5. Slice open the rolls. Spoon on the shrimp salad. Top with arugula and the top halves of the rolls. Pack up in your lunch box!
ISLAND SHRIMP AND CHORIZO
- 1. Soak six 10-inch wooden skewers in water for 6 to 8 hours.
- 2. For the marinade, combine the rum, pineapple juice, lemon juice, olive oil, chopped cilantro, and minced garlic in a bowl. Add the shrimp, sausages, and red peppers, coating well in the marinade. Cover, set aside and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 3. Thread each skewer with (in order) a shrimp, a pepper, a shrimp, a sausage, a shrimp, a pepper, a sausage, a shrimp.
- 4. Grill the skewers over hot coals, about 3 inches from the heat source, for 2 minutes per side. (Turn them over carefully.)
- 5. Serve each skewer with a lime half.
ROASTED SHRIMP AND CHORIZO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss tomatoes, garlic, onion, and oregano with oil in a large bowl; season with pepper and the salt. Spread mixture evenly in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes burst, about 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and chorizo, and stir until well coated. Roast until shrimp is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan until medium-hot. Using remaining 1/3 cup oil, brush each side of bread with 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill bread, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. (Alternatively, toast bread under broiler.)
- Put a bread slice in each of four serving bowls. Divide shrimp mixture among bowls; garnish with oregano. Serve remaining bread slices on the side.
More about "shrimp and chorizo sandwich recipes"
SHRIMP WITH CHORIZO RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
4.7/5 (10)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainsCalories 333 per serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until crisp and the oil is released, 4 to 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to move the chorizo to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the garlic until just starting to color, about 1 minute.☞TESTER TIP: If your chorizo does not release much oil after frying, you can add a few tablespoons olive oil to produce a nice amount of sauce to allow for dipping with the final dish.
- Increase the heat to high, stir in the shrimp and chile flakes and toss for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and chorizo and toss until the shrimp are opaque, 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the zest and parsley over the shrimp and serve immediately with crusty bread and chargrilled lemon halves for squeezing.
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SANDWICH RECIPE ON FOOD52
Reviews 19Servings 2
GRILLED SHRIMP AND CHORIZO APPETIZERS – BEST SHRIMP …
10 BEST SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO JAMBALAYA - GIRL IN THE LITTLE RED …
LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP & CHORIZO - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SHEET-PAN SHRIMP, BLACK BEANS AND CHORIZO | RICARDO
CHORIZO AND GARLIC SHRIMP – EAT WELL
CHORIZO AND SHRIMP | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
10 BEST CHORIZO SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO | SHRIMP RECIPE | NO RECIPE …
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO BITES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SPICY COUSCOUS RECIPE WITH SHRIMP AND CHORIZO - THE …
SKILLET SHRIMP RECIPE WITH CHORIZO AND SUMMER …
THE GOOD DISH MARTINA MCBRIDE'S LATIN SHRIMP & CHORIZO SKEWERS
CHICKPEA, SHRIMP, AND CHORIZO PITA SANDWICHES - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
SPANISH CHORIZO AND SHRIMP PASTA - SAVOR THE BEST
CREAMY SHRIMP AND CHORIZO PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS - SALT
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO STEW RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SHRIMP CHORIZO PASTA (10 MINUTE DINNER) - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SKILLET | RECIPE | THE FRESH MARKET
HOME STYLE PORTUGUESE SHRIMP AND CHORIZO - SUGARLOVESPICES
SPANISH SHRIMP WITH CHORIZO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO PASTA - HINT OF HEALTHY
GRILLED SHRIMP CHORIZO SKEWERS - RECIPES | BLUE JEAN CHEF
CHICKPEA, SHRIMP, AND CHORIZO PITA SANDWICHES | KEEPRECIPES: …
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SKEWERS - KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO PASTA - KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
ORZO WITH SHRIMP AND CHORIZO - RICARDO
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SANDWICH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SANDWICH RECIPE BY JEFF - COOKEATSHARE
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - COOKING CHANNEL
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO TAPAS - SIP AND FEAST
MEXICAN CHORIZO + GARLIC SHRIMP BURGER – LADY AND PUPS
A QUESTION ABOUT A RECIPE: SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SANDWICH - FOOD52
CAJUN SHRIMP AND CHORIZO PASTA - PENNE IN A RICH AND CREAMY …
CHICKPEA, SHRIMP, AND CHORIZO PITA SANDWICHES RECIPE
SMOKY SHRIMP-AND-CHORIZO SOUP RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO SKILLET SUPPER RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SHRIMP AND CHORIZO: SPANISH TAPAS - I WILL NOT EAT OYSTERS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #pork #seafood #shrimp #sandwiches #meat #pork-sausage #shellfish
You'll also love