PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH LEEKS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the bacon in a large heavy-bottomed ovenproof skillet and cook over medium-high heat until some of the fat renders, about 5 minutes. Push the bacon to the side of the pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add it to the pan and cook, turning, until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and leeks, then arrange the chicken on top of the bacon-leek mixture. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is golden and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees F, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Carefully return the skillet to the stovetop over medium-high heat. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the broth and half-and-half and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Spoon the leek mixture over the chicken. Serve with the remaining lemon wedges.
- Per serving: Calories 418; Fat 24 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 147 mg; Sodium 322 mg; Carbohydrate 14 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 34 g
LEA'S BAKED CHICKEN
I'm always trying to find ways to cook those cheap chicken leg quarters. I came up with this trying to find a good way to bake them whole and not cut up. My family loves them and I figure you can use any good seasoning mix to use in this method. Cavender's just happens to be one of my favorite blends. It's kinda of a greek pepper taste. It's made in Harrison, AR. It's also salt free!
Provided by RazorbackFan
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and pat dry each leg quarter.
- Rub skin with olive oil.
- Dust LIBERALLY with Cavender's.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- I put the leg quarters on a raised rack inside a jelly roll pan with some water put in the bottom. Lets the fat drip off and keeps the chicken out of it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.6, Fat 33.7, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 138.6, Sodium 132.2, Protein 30.3
BAKED CHICKEN LEGS
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking oil. Set aside.
- Remove drumsticks from packaging. Pat them dry with paper towels. Place into a bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add oil oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl combine seasonings. Add to bowl/bag and toss until chicken is coated.
- Place drumsticks on the baking sheet. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees or higher.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 27 g, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 139 mg, Sodium 743 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY BAKED LEMON CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange chicken breasts in a large baking dish. Pour water, olive oil, and lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with bread crumbs, garlic powder, parsley, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and cut a few slits in foil to vent.
- Bake chicken breasts in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 660.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.2 g, Cholesterol 129.2 mg, Fat 42.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 50.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 248.9 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CHEDDAR BAKED CHICKEN
This recipe is very quick and easy to prepare. The flavors blend to make it rather tasty. It is great with plain white rice and your favorite vegetable. Why not give it a try?
Provided by Judy
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk. In a third bowl, mix the cheese, bread crumbs, cereal. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons butter evenly over chicken.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until coating is golden brown and chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Cholesterol 119.5 mg, Fat 22.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 22.1 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 866 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
SIMPLY LEMON BAKED CHICKEN
A whole roasting chicken sprinkled with fresh lemon and paprika, then slow baked with the lemon halves inside! This recipe is very easy and the chicken comes out moist and tastes great!
Provided by MOLLYMARIE
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Rub chicken with salt inside and out. Squeeze lemon juice from lemon halves over outside of chicken, then rub paprika over all. Place squeeze lemon halves inside chicken cavity, then place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour a little water over chicken to prevent drying.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 3 hours, basting with water as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 170.3 mg, Fat 34.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 42.5 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 1903.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "leas baked chicken recipes"
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED CHICKEN LEGS (EXTRA JUICY RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
WORLD’S BEST BAKED CHICKEN – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
THE BEST CRISPY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN LEGS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
10 BEST BAKED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED CHICKEN LEGS (WITH BEST MARINADE) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
LEMON GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN LEGS - JO COOKS
CHICKEN AND LEEK RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
JUICY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - CAFE DELITES
EASY BAKED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE | THE BEST WAY TO BAKE ...
BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN LEGS - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
EASY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE | ROASTED CHICKEN LEGS | CHICKEN ...
BAKED CRISPY CHICKEN LEGS - IMMACULATE BITES
SUPER CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN LEGS DRUMSTICKS RECIPE ...
HOMEMADE SHAKE AND BAKE CHICKEN LEGS | RICARDO
LEA'S BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED CHICKEN - MY ALBERT LEA
EASY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN LEGS | COOKIES AND CUPS
BAKED CHICKEN WITH ONIONS & LEEKS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - MY ALBERT LEA
LEAH CHASE'S OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEE'S FAMOUS RECIPE CHICKEN
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN LEGS - THE ART OF DRUMMIES - 101 ...
EASY SHEET PAN OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN AND LEEKS RECIPE
28 EASY BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN AND RICE IN THE OVEN – LEAYUP
LEA'S COOKING: BAKED CHICKEN TORTILLAS (CHEBUREKI BAKED ...
CREAMY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE
BAKED CHICKEN TORTELLINI “ALFREDO” | GAY LEA
JUICY ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES (VIDEO ...
CAVENDER'S ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPES | GAY LEA
LEAS BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE – GENIUS KITCHEN | LAZYANDHUNGRY
LEA & PERRINS CHICKEN WITH POTATO AND ONION RECIPE ...
LEAS BAKED CHICKEN | EMILY BARTHOLOMEW | COPY ME THAT
CREAMY CHICKEN AND PEAS - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
JUICY BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS (SUPER EASY RECIPE!) - THE ...
EASY SAUCY BAKED CHICKEN LEGS | MONTANA HAPPY
BREADED OVEN BAKED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE - IAN KNAUER | FOOD ...
You'll also love