PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS
Scallops have a reputation for being hard to cook correctly, but this recipe is really fast, easy, and oh so tasty. The key is high heat for the sear, a good nonstick pan, and clarified butter. Pairs well with risotto.
Provided by Brian Genest
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place scallops in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine 5 tablespoons warm butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl; whisk until combined. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- At the same time, remove scallops from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, making sure it does not smoke. Brush scallops with garlic mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the bottoms begin to sear and turn golden, about 2 minutes. Flip scallops, brush with garlic mixture, and cook another 2 minutes. Remove scallops from the heat and let them continue to cook while they rest, off the heat, for 5 more minutes. Plate and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 232.4 mg, Fat 52.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 42.5 g, SaturatedFat 31.7 g, Sodium 1647.9 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
EASY GARLIC-LEMON SCALLOPS
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops, and cook for several minutes on one side, then turn over, and continue cooking until firm and opaque.
- Remove scallops to a platter, then whisk salt, pepper, and lemon juice into butter. Pour sauce over scallops to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 152.4 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 38.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 987.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
LEMON BUTTERED SEARED SCALLOPS
- Place the scallops on a paper towel-lined sheet tray and pat dry. Sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large nonstick saute pan on medium-high heat, then add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the scallops and sear on one side until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently turn the scallops over and add the Lemon Butter, basting the scallops by gently spooning the melting butter over the top, for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and allow the scallops to simmer until they are cooked through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a platter and sprinkle with the chives.
- Combine the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon the butter onto the lower third of a piece of plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap over the butter and use a spatula to compress the butter into a log about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide. Twist both ends of the plastic wrap to seal the butter inside. Refrigerate the butter until firm, at least 30 minutes, before using.
More about "lemon butter scallops recipes"
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS COOKS IN 10 MINUTES ~ A …
5/5 (3)Category Appetizer, Main CourseCuisine SeafoodTotal Time 12 mins
- Gather and prep all ingredients before you start cooking because the scallops will cook really quickly.
- Thoroughly dry the scallops using paper towels. This is an important step to getting the beautiful sear shown in the photos.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add the scallops without overcrowding cooking 1 1/2 - 2 minutes per side allowing them to sear then remove them from the skillet onto a plate.
LEMON BUTTER PASTA WITH SEARED SCALLOPS - HEALTHYISH …
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 465 per serving
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the bag. Drain off the pasta water using a colander. Drizzle the pasta with olive oil and set it aside.
THE BEST EASY LEMON GARLIC BUTTER PAN FRIED SCALLOPS …
4.4/5 (18)Total Time 15 minsCuisine SeafoodCalories 190 per serving
- After about 4 minutes on one side, flip scallops. They should have a golden crust on the side that was face-down. (If not, increase heat, and let sear a bit more.)
FRESH LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS - THE WOODEN SKILLET
Reviews 2Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner
LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH SPRING RISOTTO - BUTTER BE …
5/5 (3)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 453595 hrs
- To do ahead of time: Take the sea scallops out of the refrigerator and place them onto a cleaned plate to come up to room temperature on your counter before cooking the scallops.
- In a large deep saucepan or dutch oven, melt one tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the butter/oil sizzles, toss in the peas and asparagus. Stir together and lightly sauté for about 4-5 minutes, and then use a slotted spoon to transfer the veggies to a bowl and set aside while you make the risotto.
KETO LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS | BETTER THAN BREAD KETO
4.7/5 (23)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main CoursesCalories 236 per serving
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - COMPLETELY …
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 152 per serving
- Add scallops seasoned side-down and cook without disturbing for 3-4 minutes, until well browned.
- Flip scallops over and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes. While scallops are cooking, spoon the butter over the tops to infuse more flavor.
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
5/5 (1)Total Time 12 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 281 per serving
LEMON BUTTER SEARED SCALLOPS → SO EASY! - …
Servings 12Total Time 15 minsCategory 30 Minute MealsCalories 205 per serving
- If the scallops have the mini muscle on the sides, go ahead and remove those. You will see little pieces of flesh on the sides of the scallops. Just use your fingers to pinch it and pull it off the scallop then discard.
- Next place the scallops on layers of paper towels then cover with paper towels. Leave them for 10-15 minutes to dry out. Salt scallops.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER - CULINARY HILL
Ratings 3Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 334 per serving
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (to keep cooked scallops warm for a few minutes while preparing lemon butter sauce).
- In a small, heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook, swirling constantly, until butter turns dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma, about 4 to 5 minutes.
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
4.8/5 (20)Calories 254 per servingCategory Dinner
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan (work in batches if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOX AND BRIAR
5/5 (6)Calories 327 per servingCategory Dinners
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. When hot, add the scallops to the pan - do not overcrowd the pan. Cook in batches if needed. Cook on one side, 60-90 seconds. Flip and cook for another 60-90 seconds. Remove from pan. Repeat until all scallops are cooked.
- Reduce heat to low. Add butter, garlic, lemon juice to the pan. Stir, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes and chopped parsley, remove from heat.
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE | THE …
4.9/5 (46)Calories 242 per servingCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Main Course, Side Dish
- In a medium-sized bowl combine salt and hot water, stirring to dissolve the salt. Add ice water to cool the brine. Add scallops to the brine and let stand for 10 minutes. Line a sheet pan with paper towels, set aside.
- Drain the scallops, rinse under cold water, and then arrange in a single layer on the paper towel-lined sheet pan. Place another paper towel on top of the scallops and gently pat scallops. Remove as much surface moisture as possible for the best browning results when cooked.
- In a 12-inch saute pan or cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until oil ripples and just begins to smoke.
LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (115)Calories 343 per servingCategory Main Course
- Prepare scallops: Remove the side muscle from the scallop the pat them dry with paper towels.
- Cook Scallops: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Gently add the scallops to the skillet, making sure they are not touching each other. Season them generously with salt and pepper then add the 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet. Sear the scallops for 2 minutes on the first side then flip them over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes on the other side. Season the other side with salt and pepper as well. They should have a golden crust on each side when they are done. Cook in batches if they don't all fit in the skillet. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Make sauce: In another skillet (see notes) heat the olive oil over high heat then add the butter and cook until it melts. Add the garlic and saute for 20 to 30 seconds until it becomes aromatic. Don't over cook it, you don't want it to burn.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the sauce for another minute then turn off the heat. Add the scallops back to the skillet, including all the juices.
LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS - RECIPES - FAXO
- Season scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Lemon butter sauce: Melt 2 T. butter in the same skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS. FOLLOW US @SIGNATUREBRIDE ON ...
4.9/5 (195)Servings 4
LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (100)Servings 4
LEMON BUTTER (GARLIC) SCALLOPS – MY WORLD (AND …
LEMON BUTTER AND BACON SCALLOPS RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SCALLOPS (23 SIDE DISHES +RECIPES ...
Ratings 71Published 2021-08-20
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER RECIPE
PAN SEARED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS | – TINTORERA
SEARED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS — THE LOCAL CATCH, INC ...
HOW TO COOK SEA SCALLOPS IN OVEN - SIMPLE CHEF RECIPE
BROWNED BUTTER BAY SCALLOPS RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #seafood #easy #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to cook lemon butter scallops?Allow to sear for 60-90 seconds, then flip and sear for another 60-90 seconds. Remove from pan. Reduce heat to low, add the butter, garlic, and lemon juice to the pan. Stir, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan, 1-2 minutes. Stir in parsley and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and pour over scallops. Serve immediately.
Which is the best recipe for sauteed scallops?Lemon butter sauteed scallops is one of the best scallop recipes, with lemon butter sauce, garlic and bay scallops. Learn how to cook scallops with this easy 10 minutes recipe on skillet.
How to cook lemon garlic scallops with white wine?Instructions Remove the side muscle from the scallop the pat them dry with paper towels. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. In another skillet (see notes) heat the olive oil over high heat then add the butter and cook until it melts. Add the white wine and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Can you make lemon garlic baked scallops on keto?The scallops are baked in a bath of melted butter, lemon and garlic. Basically this is like shrimp scampi but with scallops. This is a naturally low carb recipe that fits within the Keto Diet. It is also gluten free and grain free.