LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS
- Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over low heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in skillet with garlic; cook over medium heat until browned on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Add chicken broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish, reserving liquid in skillet. Continue simmering liquid until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Pour liquid over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.9 calories, Carbohydrate 0.8 g, Cholesterol 65.5 mg, Fat 2.9 g, Protein 23.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 275.2 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons broth, wine, lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear., Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts :
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place in the melted butter. Cook chicken, flipping frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon garlic powder over chicken; flip and sprinkle 1 tablespoon garlic powder on second side. Cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Pour lemon juice over each side of chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 1275.4 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
I got this recipe from a recipe card many years ago and have enjoyed it ever since. It is simple, reasonably quick to make,low fat and tasty. You may substitute apple juice for the wine.
Provided by Bergy
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a shallow glass dish mix the marinade: lemon juice, wine, half the oil,garlic, honey, oregano, salt& pepper.
- Add chicken to the marinade, turning to coat.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat remaining oil over med.
- /highheat until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken to skillet (discard the marinade).
- Cook turning once until cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- Place chicken on a serving platter, garnish with lemon slices and fresh oregano.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184.8, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 75.5, Sodium 137.5, Carbohydrate 1.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 1.1, Protein 25.1
BROILED LEMON-GARLIC CHICKEN
- Position an oven rack about 8 to 10 inches from the broiler and preheat. Grate the lemon zest and combine in a small bowl with the butter, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Mash with a fork to make a smooth paste.
- With your fingers, gently loosen the skin on the chicken breasts, legs and thighs. Spread the flavored butter under the skin as evenly as possible. Halve the lemons and squeeze 2 halves over the chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin-side up on a broiler pan (or a rack on a baking sheet). Position the halves about 2 inches apart with the thick parts of the legs facing the center. Arrange the remaining 2 lemon halves cut-side down next to the chicken.
- Broil the chicken until the skin is light brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. If the chicken browns too quickly, lower the oven rack. Flip the chicken and the lemons and continue to broil until almost cooked through (a thermometer inserted into the thickest part will register 160 degrees), about 15 minutes. Remove the lemons, if browned; turn the chicken again and broil until the skin is brown and crisp and the thermometer registers 165 degrees, about 2 more minutes. Serve the chicken with the broiled lemons for squeezing on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453, Fat 29 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Cholesterol 149 milligrams, Sodium 491 milligrams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 42 grams
LEMON AND GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN
For dinner tonight, try Ina Garten's Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the thyme, reserving enough thyme to garnish the chicken dish, 1 lemon, halved, and 2 halves of the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Cut 2 of the lemons in quarters and scatter the quarters and remaining garlic around the chicken. Lay the bacon slices over the chicken to cover.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour. Remove the bacon slices from the top of the chicken and set aside. Continue roasting the chicken for an additional 1/2 hour, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil while you prepare the gravy.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the bottom of the pan. Add the wine and chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Slice the chicken on a platter. Garnish the chicken platter with the bacon slices, roasted garlic, reserved thyme and 1 lemon, sliced. Serve with the gravy.
SHEET-PAN LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
Everyone needs an easy meal. Try this sheet-pan chicken with roasted potatoes for a simple and tasty meal guaranteed to please the whole family. If you use fresh lemon juice, garnish each serving with a little lemon zest for bright flavor. -Andrea Potischman, Menlo Park, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients until blended. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade., Drain chicken, discarding any remaining marinade in bowl. Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; add potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle reserved marinade over potatoes; top with lemon slices. Bake until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes. If desired, broil chicken 3-4 inches from heat until deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483 calories, Fat 29g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 507mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
GARLIC AND LEMON CHICKEN
This is a recipe I made up once when I was experimenting in the kitchen. I had no idea how it would turn out. I just put some flavours together that I felt would work. Thankfully it turned out beautifully and it is a family favourite.
Provided by natashachamberlin
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 DC. Put a pot of cold water on the stove and place the new potatoes into the pot with a sprinkle of salt. Cook the new potatoes for 10 minutes. Now put the potatoes into a small roasting tin and sprinkle over some salt and pepper. Add 50g of the butter to the potatoes. Do not cover the potatoes with a lid or foil, leave the tin open so the potatoes can get crispy. Put the potatoes a side and begin to prepare the chicken.
- Rub each chicken piece in the oil and then place the chicken and remaining oil into a large roasting tin. Add the lemon juice to the roasting tin. Now sprinkle the salt, pepper, and paprika evenly over the chicken. Add the lemon wedges and garlic into the roasting tin spread these in between the chicken pieces.
- Once you have added the garlic and lemon you can add the other 50g of butter spread the butter cubes / pieces around the tin and in between the chicken pieces. Either put a lid onto the roasting tin or cover the top with tin foil. Place both the chicken roasting tin and the potato roasting tin into the oven; cook both the chicken and the potatoes for 1 hour to 1h 30 mins depending on your oven.
- It is important to not cook the chicken and potatoes in the same roasting tin otherwise everything will taste of lemon, garlic and paprika. By cooking the potatoes in a separate roasting tin, it helps to break down the flavours. 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time for the chicken, remove the tin foil and place the chicken back into the oven.
- This dish goes very well with a glass of white wine and a bit of crispy garden salad on the side though this is optional.
OVEN BAKED, LEMON / GARLIC CHICKEN
This is one of my favorite ways of cooking chicken in the oven, and, it's the only use I have for granulated garlic. I think it's worth while to keep it in my spice cupboard though, because this dish is a winner. The tartness of the lemon, along with the garlic flavor, and just a touch of heat from the blacken, really kick up, what could turn out to be just another baked chicken meal. Just be careful not to use too much blacken, because the flavors will it will take over the dish. Butt Kickin' Blacken contains neither salt nor sugar. If you use a different seasoning blend, you'll probably have to adjust for their high salt content.Butt Kickin' Blacken is available at: http://www.capnrons.com/index.html?ID=RZ For additional Instructional pictures, please visit: http://www.capnrons.com/R_M_Lemon_Garlic_Chicken.html?ID=RZ
Provided by Capn Ron
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 12 pieces, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet pan (jelly roll pan) by covering with aluminum foil, adding a rack, then spraying the rack with cooking spray. Don't forget to do this, or you'll end up with a MAJOR cleaning problem, or you might just end up throwing the pan away.
- 2. Wash the chicken, dry, then place, skin side up, on the rack in the pan. Drizzle the juice of about 1/2 a lemon over the chicken. Dust with the spices, and place in the oven.
- 3. Cook for 45 minutes, then flip the chicken over, drizzle more lemon on top, then spice again.
- 4. Cook another 45 minutes, then flip, drizzle with lemon juice, add garlic and a little more of the blacken.
- 5. Cook for an additional 15 minutes of so, until the skin is mice and crisp. Drizzle with lemon juice one more time as you take it out of the oven.
- 6. Total cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken and the temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 776.8, Fat 52, SaturatedFat 14.8, Cholesterol 326.4, Sodium 306.7, Carbohydrate 5.8, Fiber 2.5, Protein 70.5
SLOW COOKER LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chicken thighs, salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried thyme, garlic, lemon, water, vegetable, chicken stock, cornflour
Provided by Ellie Holland
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the chicken, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, and thyme into the slow cooker and mix together with your hands.
- Add the garlic, lemon, and water.
- Place the lid on and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken, lemon, and garlic, and stir in the chicken stock and cornflour mix.
- Stir until you reach your desired consistency for chicken gravy.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken and serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590 calories, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 32 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 40 grams, Sugar 5 grams
More about "lemon garlic chicken recipes"
BEST LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - DELISH
5/5 (5)Category Dinner Party, Easy Chicken, DinnerServings 4Total Time 25 mins
LEMON GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
SKILLET LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
LEMON GARLIC SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
GARLIC LEMON CHICKEN | CANADIAN LIVING
LEMON GARLIC SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
RECIPE: LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN | KITCHN
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN ( WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE) - CHEFJAR
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND GARLIC RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
LEMON-GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RECIPE: EASY, CREAMY LEMON GARLIC SKILLET CHICKEN - KITCHN
GARLIC LEMON BASIL CHICKEN - BEYER BEWARE - RECIPES FOR BUSY …
CROCK POT LEMON GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS - EATWELL101
BAKED CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND GARLIC SAUCE | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
EASY LEMON GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - INSPIRED TASTE
LEMON & GARLIC CHICKEN (SKILLET RECIPE) - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
THIS LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN PASTA IS THE PERFECT SUMMER RECIPE …
SKILLET GARLIC LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
HONEY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
10 BEST SPICY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - THE YUMMY DELIGHTS
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE - REAL: THE KITCHEN AND BEYOND
LEMON-GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
BUTTERY LEMON GARLIC BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
LEMON-GARLIC GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - CHATELAINE
AIR FRYER GARLIC LEMON CHICKEN THIGHS - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
UNBELIEVABLY TASTY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - CHEF TARIQ
LEMON-GARLIC CHICKEN - GIRL GONE GOURMET
BAKED GARLIC LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - 30 MINUTES MEALS
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN DINNER - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
CREAMY LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - AHEAD OF THYME
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN (SHEET PAN WITH POTATOES & BROCCOLI OR …
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN MARINADE - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN - SERVING DUMPLINGS
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #chicken #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love